Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Ultimate Fighters Win at UFC 76

Print  
Posted By Message

aznteabagger

In Full Mount

aznteabagger Avatar

Career:618-368
Chips:
Keith Jardine and Forrest Griffin turned the UFC light heavyweight division on its head Saturday night as they both pulled off impressive upset victories at UFC 76 in Anaheim, CA.

LINK

Post #1   9/23/07 12:18:22PM   

kevietre

Belt Contender

kevietre Avatar

Career:666-468
Chips:
Both were good fights the losers have nothing to be ashamed of but Chuck really looked depressed. I cant blame him. Im not a Chuck fan or a Jardine fan, im impartial, and I think Chuck won that fight. Now with two losses in a row I wonder who his next opponent will be.

I picked Griffin to win the upset but I picked decision and he even said in the post fight interview that he saw there were 27 seconds left and he just tried to get the win and it paid off. Shogun looked gassed it could be those infamous "octagon nerves." (LOL). I don't know though maybe it was a different atmosphere for him but regardless Forrest deserved that win based on his performance, he earned it.

Post #2   9/23/07 12:29:11PM   

aznteabagger

In Full Mount

aznteabagger Avatar

Chips:

Posted by kevietre

Both were good fights the losers have nothing to be ashamed of but Chuck really looked depressed. I cant blame him. Im not a Chuck fan or a Jardine fan, im impartial, and I think Chuck won that fight. Now with two losses in a row I wonder who his next opponent will be.

I picked Griffin to win the upset but I picked decision and he even said in the post fight interview that he saw there were 27 seconds left and he just tried to get the win and it paid off. Shogun looked gassed it could be those infamous "octagon nerves." (LOL). I don't know though maybe it was a different atmosphere for him but regardless Forrest deserved that win based on his performance, he earned it.

agreed, forrest "the clock watcher" griffin deserved the win he look incredible in there

Post #3   9/23/07 12:32:12PM   

wolfman

On the Banned Team...

wolfman Avatar

Career:550-229
Chips:
I'm a big Chuck fan and there is NO way he won that fight! He was dominated in the octagon. Jardine pretty much picked him apart. He landed a lot of devastating leg kicks and effective strikes. It was an easy 29-28 win for Jardine. Liddell won the 1st rd. and the rest were easily all Jardine. Here are the stats of the fight http://sports.yahoo.com/box/blog/box_experts/post/CompuStrike-stats-Liddell-vs-Jardine?urn=box,46254

Post #4   9/23/07 12:56:04PM   

Vietnamese_Guy

Standup Guy

Vietnamese_Guy Avatar

Career:198-109
Camp: Shogun Academy
Chips:
Looks like Dana wasted 60 million and then some on the pride purchase

pride curse baby

Post #5   9/23/07 1:03:11PM   

gamez0932

MMA Regular

gamez0932 Avatar

Career:408-303
Chips:

Posted by kevietre

No offense, But how do you figure chuck won? he landed some clean shots in the 1st round, but the 2nd and 3rd he got dominated..... jardine dropped him, and then he was landing ALL those big kicks, jardine was rightfully awarded the decision.

Post #6   9/23/07 2:06:29PM   

dinobravo

Learning to Sprawl

dinobravo Avatar

Career:27-19
Camp: Crooked Jaw
Chips:

Posted by Vietnamese_Guy

pride curse baby

pride curse???? 2 champs that are from pride jackson & silva know your facts and if fedor ever makes it over theres the 3rd

Post #7   9/23/07 2:27:28PM   

aznteabagger

In Full Mount

aznteabagger Avatar

Chips:

Posted by dinobravo

Posted by Vietnamese_Guy

pride curse baby

pride curse???? 2 champs that are from pride jackson & silva know your facts and if fedor ever makes it over theres the 3rd

technically quinton wasnt a pride guy cuz his last fight before UFC was WFA
and silva fought in CR and ROTR before signing with UFC...know your facts

Post #8   9/23/07 2:53:27PM   

spikerman19

Standup Guy

spikerman19 Avatar

Career:266-174
Camp: Norcal Fight Team
Chips:
silva wasnt fighting in pride either.

Post #9   9/23/07 4:17:11PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,510-1,592
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Actually Anderson Silva fought 4 times in Pride (2-2) and even though Rampage fought other palces he was most well known for his Pride fights before he came to UFC. I think there is no Pride curese it's just that there is a lot of differences in UFC (the ground mainly). Give some of these guys a chance there is a lot of good fighters that UFC recieved from the Pride organization and with time they may not be champs but will prove their worth in the cage. Fedor is just flat out pissing me off, sign or don't I just don't care anymore!!

Post #10   9/23/07 5:16:08PM   

DevonFoxy

MMA Sensei

DevonFoxy Avatar

Career:1,450-848
Chips:
Yea the Pride buy was a bust. You just got a bunch of guys who everyone wants to see fight and now they have some of the top level fighters in the sport. They have fight cards that every fight looks like it coul be the fight of the night and now more then ever people are watching the UFC. But yea that horrible purchase of Pride what a waste of money

Post #11   9/23/07 7:34:42PM   

aznteabagger

In Full Mount

aznteabagger Avatar

Chips:

Posted by DevonFoxy

Yea the Pride buy was a bust. You just got a bunch of guys who everyone wants to see fight and now they have some of the top level fighters in the sport. They have fight cards that every fight looks like it coul be the fight of the night and now more then ever people are watching the UFC. But yea that horrible purchase of Pride what a waste of money

technically they are still "fight of the night" just not for the pride guys

Post #12   9/23/07 9:09:20PM   

wrona666

In Full Mount

wrona666 Avatar

Career:1,102-674
Chips:
I am a huge Chuck fan, and i even live in his hometown, but if he was to fight Wanderlei he would get destroyed at this point in his career. If he is to have a chance he would need to rack a couple wins up first to build his confidence level back to were it was, but even then i dont see him winning that fight. I love you Chuck but i think its time to cash it in.

Post #13   9/24/07 3:09:15PM   

BigTomZ

MMA Regular

BigTomZ Avatar

Career:280-166
Camp: The Pit
Chips:
I was surprised that one judge gave it to Chuck. I figured it would be a clear 29-28 on all 3 score cards.

Anderson Silva has more fights in Pride than the UFC, so for the sake of discussions he was a Pride guy. The same applies for Rampage. So far the Pride fighters the UFC picked up have brought mixed results.

Post #14   9/24/07 10:01:35PM