Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Liddell vs. Silva

Print  
Posted By Message

TheRealClayman

Learning to Sprawl

TheRealClayman Avatar

Career:183-111
Chips:
Do you think that Dana will still book this fight anyway? They are both coming off two losses. They both need to get back on track. What better way to do it than against each other?

Or do you think they will pit Jardine against Silva? No offense to Jardine but even after last night , I still think Silva would tear him apart. Silva has been in the Octagon before and after seeing Shogun and Liddell last night , I think he will do a better job of preparing for the match.

And is it just me , or should Dana stop making these "If Chuck wins..." matches and just let him fight?

Post #1   9/23/07 11:00:00AM   

Ydoc

Belt Contender

Ydoc Avatar

Career:1,371-849
Camp: Camp David
Chips:
It's just funny because a while back Chuck was doing to good to fight Wandy and now he's doing too bad to fight Wandy. I'm hoping who Wandy fights beats him so we can see this fight finally happen.

Post #2   9/23/07 11:09:34AM   

Piccosaur

MMA Regular

Piccosaur Avatar

Career:3-1
Camp: RB Fighting Systems
Chips:
Wandy will lose in the UFC to Liddell, end of story.

Post #3   9/23/07 11:10:48AM   

buryyourdead

MMA Regular

buryyourdead Avatar

Career:383-219
Chips:

Posted by Piccosaur

Wandy will lose in the UFC to Liddell, end of story.

What do you know about anything its a fight? Last night proved that anyone can be beaten at anytime in that goddamn cage.

Post #4   9/23/07 11:28:57AM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:
Yeah Wandy will just pick him apart with leg kicks to get inside and then lock on that Muay Thai clinch and it's done....

This might be a dead match unless they put it maybe as a main event on a UFN or a opening match for a PPV titled "Last Chance" or something...

I would rather see Liddel fight him because if Houston Alexander could beat Jardine using the Muay Thai, then how do you expect him to do any better against a Muay Thai expert?

Post #5   9/23/07 11:32:14AM   

MALICE

MMA Sensei

MALICE Avatar

Career:698-340
Chips:
It's the perfect time for them to fight. Both coming off 2 losses. Lets do it.

Post #6   9/23/07 11:39:00AM   

MMALifer

Learning to Sprawl

Career:145-98
Chips:
I agree. I still think the fight can happen but it might not because of Danas "if Chuck wins" chant. Let em fight and come up with the next fight after.

Chuck was looking past Jardine and got his arse, body, legs, and arms kicked.

Post #7   9/23/07 11:49:35AM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,431-836
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

I do want to see them fight realy bad,but I'm going with Silva.Liddell was exposed badly last night,and I think Wanderlei can finish Liddell off were Jardine couldn't.

Last edited 9/23/07 11:51AM server time by mrsmiley
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #8   9/23/07 11:50:31AM   

ColdCutCombo

Banned

Career:39-26
Chips:
who cares ufc 76 was the worst pile of crap i ever had the displeasure of paying 40$ for, what a joke, people booing and cheering for the home town favorite influencing decisions its sickening, plus all the upsets and NO KNOCKOUTS AT UFC 76 KNOCKOUT!?, gimme my money back shogun what a terrible performance he should be the guy up for a shot not crappy forrest, im still not ok with that fight something was wrong with it, and liddell losing gimme a break, forrest and jardine win....godamit i hate mma

Post #9   9/23/07 11:55:08AM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:

Posted by ColdCutCombo

who cares ufc 76 was the worst pile of crap i ever had the displeasure of paying 40$ for, what a joke, people booing and cheering for the home town favorite influencing decisions its sickening, plus all the upsets and NO KNOCKOUTS AT UFC 76 KNOCKOUT!?, gimme my money back shogun what a terrible performance he should be the guy up for a shot not crappy forrest, im still not ok with that fight something was wrong with it, and liddell losing gimme a break, forrest and jardine win....godamit i hate mma

You would rather buy a card where it goes down exactly as you had planned it? Half the excitement is the unpredictability of it man. I thought it was an excellent set of matches.

Post #10   9/23/07 12:04:49PM   

Kastro

Standup Guy

Kastro Avatar

Career:474-316
Camp: The Tactical Underground
Chips:
I would love to see it still... but I dont see it happening in Dec.

That would be bad match-making and marketing tactics by the UFC, Wanderlei is a risk to anybody and they cant afford Chuck Liddell (quite arguably their biggest star) lose 3 fights in a row..

Chuck is going to get a couple cans before he fights someone like Wanderlei IMO...

Post #11   9/23/07 12:10:19PM   

MALICE

MMA Sensei

MALICE Avatar

Career:698-340
Chips:
most likely

Post #12   9/23/07 12:29:47PM   

SpiderSilva

Spiderweidman

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:1,760-1,113
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I would like to see it but for the time Chuck OMG Chuck what the hell its shocking to see him get whiped

Oh well his time has come and passed I dont see him beating Wandi hell or even Rampage the Champ

He led us to the promise land of seeing him and Wandi fight and he has fallen flat on his face they better do this before there is nothing left

Lets face it he is no Courture I wouldnt expect him to come back and win a title again well unless Tito gets his hads on it

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #13   9/23/07 12:36:49PM