Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Does Chuck Need To Change His Style?

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

aznteabagger

In Full Mount

aznteabagger Avatar

Career:618-368
Chips:
like keith said in his sherdog interview he knew what liddell was going to do and developped a game plan around it, so does chuck need to change his style because it's getting predictable?

Post #1   9/23/07 10:51:24AM   

Copenhagen

Good for Body and Soul

Copenhagen Avatar

Career:1,059-579
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by aznteabagger

like keith said in his sherdog interview he knew what liddell was going to do and developped a game plan around it, so does chuck need to change his style because it's getting predictable?

No, because I like winnning fake money off of Chuck too much.

Post #2   9/23/07 10:56:48AM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,215-1,196
Chips:
I think he does. His weakness was exposed with all the kicks he took. Its great to have knock out power in both hands but fighters may be able to pick him apart like Jardine did. I don't see him switching anything though. He loves the standup game too much.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #3   9/23/07 10:57:21AM   

Copenhagen

Good for Body and Soul

Copenhagen Avatar

Career:1,059-579
Chips:
Or, they could just give him grapplers like they did for 3 years. That way he can go back to winning a few.

Post #4   9/23/07 11:01:46AM   

mrliquid

Standup Guy

mrliquid Avatar

Career:741-566
Camp: The Pit
Chips:
Chuck has beaten alot of the ufc's toughest people and not all were jus grapplers couture has a very nice stand up game and ortiz he has also beaten twice that has a decent stand up aswell, his style has been winning him fights against big punchers like randleman and belfort for the last ten yrs so you can't say its not working 4 losses in the ufc since 97-98 isnt to shabby at all.

Post #5   9/23/07 11:40:37AM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,446-842
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
I think Chuck(and every other fighter) needs to realize MMA is in it's next stage of eveloution.While I don't think Liddell would have to change his style completley,I think he needs to change it enough to become unpredictable again.Jardine exposed Liddell,and I have a feeling their's a lot of other fighters that could do equal as well,if not better than Jardine did last night.

Maybe Liddell should soak up his Pride and spend some time training with some MMA elite,then come back and kick ass again.

Post #6   9/23/07 11:46:00AM   

mrliquid

Standup Guy

mrliquid Avatar

Career:741-566
Camp: The Pit
Chips:
I agree 100% i think chuck def needs to start training hard for every fighter like he use to an spend some time training in more than just stand up and take down defense, but i dont think he is out of championship reach just yet with a few more wins I can see him getting a title shot down the road Dana White would have to throw him a shot if he continued to win with all chuck has done for the ufc.

Post #7   9/23/07 12:01:32PM   

fightfann

Learning to Sprawl

fightfann Avatar

Career:270-186
Camp: Los Banditos Guapos
Chips:

Posted by mrsmiley

I think Chuck(and every other fighter) needs to realize MMA is in it's next stage of eveloution.While I don't think Liddell would have to change his style completley,I think he needs to change it enough to become unpredictable again.Jardine exposed Liddell,and I have a feeling their's a lot of other fighters that could do equal as well,if not better than Jardine did last night.

Maybe Liddell should soak up his Pride and spend some time training with some MMA elite,then come back and kick ass again.

Great post. my opinion is the same. Chuck is mainly one dimensional, he is using one tool, in a game where you are allowed to use multiple tools. he is only limiting himself and as MMA is evolving.

Chuck will choose to evolve or he will continue to loose.

Post #8   9/23/07 1:07:49PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:
Yep he needs to become a boring wrestler!

Post #9   9/23/07 1:19:18PM   

ufc88

Standup Guy

ufc88 Avatar

Career:1,156-666
Camp: UFC Pool 2010
Chips:
i love chuck and as a huge chuck fan im gona admit i think hes at the end of his road.. hes not randy couture hes too old to continue fighting in his brawling fashion, there are too many light heavy weights in the mix now he will never get his belt back and if we woulda beat Jardine and then fought wanderlei, he woulda got absolutely destroyed

Post #10   9/23/07 1:33:59PM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Chips:

Posted by fightfann

Posted by mrsmiley

Great post. my opinion is the same. Chuck is mainly one dimensional, he is using one tool, in a game where you are allowed to use multiple tools. he is only limiting himself and as MMA is evolving.

Chuck will choose to evolve or he will continue to loose.

Exactly.

Chuck is good at what he does,but he's a one trick pony.

It's like an amazing magic trick that no one could figure out for a long time,but once the trick was revealed,everyone learned how to do it better than the guy who created it.Funny comparison,but I think it makes sense.

Post #11   9/23/07 3:37:38PM   

TheHitmanTL

Standup Guy

TheHitmanTL Avatar

Career:237-188
Chips:
chuck should honestlery consider going and training at extreme couture

Post #12   9/23/07 5:38:27PM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Chips:

Posted by TheHitmanTL

That's just what I was thinking.

Post #13   9/23/07 8:13:02PM   

Djbb

Standup Guy

Djbb Avatar

Career:31-27
Camp: Keyboard Warriors of LMAOville
Chips:

Posted by mrsmiley

Posted by TheHitmanTL

That's just what I was thinking.

It'd be like Rocky 3 when Apollo trained Rocky with the stipulation they'd have a secret little rematch

Post #14   9/23/07 8:14:29PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:
Everyone should just join EC, because thats the only good gym in the world right?

Post #15   9/23/07 9:12:23PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2