Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Hard Work Propels Fitch up Ladder; Sanchez Contemplates Move to Lightweight

Print  
Posted By Message

aznteabagger

In Full Mount

aznteabagger Avatar

Career:618-368
Chips:
Jon Fitch doesn’t fight with the same electricity as fellow welterweight Georges St. Pierre. He doesn’t have champion Matt Serra’s charisma. Nor does he have Karo Parisyan’s flashy moves.

But unlike the rest of the 170-lb. division, he’s on a winning streak that puts the rest to shame.

LINK

Post #1   9/23/07 9:19:14AM   

CCPRIDE99

Standup Guy

CCPRIDE99 Avatar

Career:1,224-710
Chips:
diego is way overrated the only good people hes fought other than fitch and kos are karo and diaz
im glad koscheck and fitch beat him.
id like to see diego fight at lightweight against tyson griffin or thiago tavares

Post #2   9/23/07 12:50:50PM   

aznteabagger

In Full Mount

aznteabagger Avatar

Career:618-368
Chips:

Posted by CCPRIDE99

diego is way overrated the only good people hes fought other than fitch and kos are karo and diaz
id like to see diego fight at lightweight against tyson griffin or thiago tavares

i think he would match better with tavares
then the fight would be 15mins of non stop transition, sub att, sub def

Post #3   9/23/07 12:52:31PM   

crushedbacon

In Full Mount

crushedbacon Avatar

Career:868-562
Camp: West Coast Canada
Chips:
yeah I've been saying it for awhile sanchez is all hype, he's a media creation. Talks and acts like a hero,(pushing Kos at the weigh in?) but seriously Fitch dominated him bell to bell. Fitch looked like he had a huge size/strength advantage and I dont think there was any point in the fight where Sanchez was in control. He tried to sell that choke like he had something effective but seriously I dont even think it interrupted Fitch's breathing pattern. Sanchez should mos def make his way to the Lightweight div.

Post #4   9/23/07 2:07:48PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,510-1,592
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I just don't think that a wieght change is the answer all the time. He would get tore up in the LW div...just look at that div's intensity!! He needs a good camp, plain and simple. He is about 2 hours from Henderson's Team Quest in Temecula, that and about 6 months of good training should get him another W.

Post #5   9/23/07 4:34:18PM   

juanez13

P4P

juanez13 Avatar

Career:575-288
Chips:
i dont know why people are saying diego is trash now , he beat karo who is still a top contender, and diaz who is also a top foghter.....having said that i dont think diego will ever be a champ at 170 in the ufc, i think he has a shot at the LW division though.....

Post #6   9/23/07 4:40:36PM   

jgtribbett

MMA Sensei

jgtribbett Avatar

Career:553-358
Camp: Team BloodLoss
Chips:

Posted by CCPRIDE99

oh ehllz yeah.. iw ould love to see that... cuase imo tyson is the man (granted i feel he lost to guida and tavares) but i want to see him win... so wtf make a sanchez tyson fight hahaha

Post #7   9/24/07 12:56:54AM   

billycarnage

In Full Mount

billycarnage Avatar

Career:300-165
Chips:

Posted by juanez13

i dont know why people are saying diego is trash now , he beat karo who is still a top contender, and diaz who is also a top foghter.....having said that i dont think diego will ever be a champ at 170 in the ufc, i think he has a shot at the LW division though.....

I agree don't count him out. I think that with a good camp he will be back on top. 170 devision is wide open right now.
I want to see Fitch vs St. Pierre.
And Sanchez vs Koschek 3 would be a very different fight... why not?

Post #8   9/24/07 8:11:20PM