Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

205 is a mess now.

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

unclephish

Learning to Sprawl

unclephish Avatar

Career:187-110
Chips:
Good God, with Shogun losing to Forrest who lost to Jardine, but has beaten Rampage convincingly, and Jardine losing to Houston, but beating Chuck not only will we probably be deprived of the Wand/Chuck match but I think the UFC LHW division has just been messed up beyond belief.

Post #1   9/23/07 1:42:59AM   

MALICE

MMA Sensei

MALICE Avatar

Career:698-340
Chips:
It's finding the square root of 7293748209 in your head. Its starting to make my eyes cross

Post #2   9/23/07 1:47:29AM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,928-1,103
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Here is how I see it now:

Rampage/Wandy

Machida/Alexander

Forrest/Hendo

Jardine/Shogun

Chuck/some chump he can KO

These are the fights I'd liek to see at this point.

Post #3   9/23/07 1:48:46AM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,637-1,512
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
i just looked at my top 10 and decided i had better wait until tomorrow to figure this one out.

Post #4   9/23/07 1:49:05AM   

Kastro

Standup Guy

Kastro Avatar

Career:474-316
Camp: The Tactical Underground
Chips:
Yah it is messed up..

I am very let down with Shogun's suspect performance... I mean, he has been through a 15 minute war with little Nog and seemed like he had energy the whole bout but then he gasses terribly against Griffin in the 2nd round??

Just doesn't make sense... either Shogun got paid to lose or he underestimated Griffin and didn't prepare himself because that was an absolute bullshit performance... and dont tell me it had to do with the cage or whatever, because the cage is a benefit to a fighter like Shogun ie. Anderson Silva...

Jardine on the other hand got a much deserved win, Liddell didn't really do much... wasn't aggressive the whole fight and he ended up losing a close decision...

I really wouldn't change much in my 205 rankings... I still have Shogun as #1 and Liddell as #2... Both Jardine and Griffin need another win over a top contender to get into the top rankings IMO just like Sokodjou... everyone thought Sokodjou's win over Noguiera was a fluke, so he fights Arona and he beats him in the same fashions - showing the world that he is the real deal...

Im starting to lose interest in the UFC... and I really miss Pride, thanks Mr. Dana White!

Post #5   9/23/07 1:49:55AM   

chiefwiggum

MMA Regular

chiefwiggum Avatar

Career:140-72
Camp: whoflungpoo
Chips:
It's almost to the point where they should drop the 205 class and bring in 145 class.

Oh and this is way off topic but I'm beginning to really think Joe Rogan is completely retarded.

Post #6   9/23/07 1:50:53AM   

unclephish

Learning to Sprawl

unclephish Avatar

Career:187-110
Chips:
I like the matchups, but i just think its gonna take a good while to sort the division back out. Every division has its clear top 5 but with all thats going on I just think that it will take a while before things are back to normal.

Post #7   9/23/07 1:51:20AM   

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Career:212-114
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:

Posted by Kastro

Yah it is messed up..

I am very let down with Shogun's suspect performance... I mean, he has been through a 15 minute war with little Nog and seemed like he had energy the whole bout but then he gasses terribly against Griffin in the 2nd round??

Just doesn't make sense... either Shogun got paid to lose or he underestimated Griffin and didn't prepare himself because that was an absolute bullshit performance... and dont tell me it had to do with the cage or whatever, because the cage is a benefit to a fighter like Shogun ie. Anderson Silva...

Jardine on the other hand got a much deserved win, Liddell didn't really do much... wasn't aggressive the whole fight and he ended up losing a close decision...

I really wouldn't change much in my 205 rankings... I still have Shogun as #1 and Liddell as #2... Both Jardine and Griffin need another win over a top contender to get into the top rankings IMO just like Sokodjou... everyone thought Sokodjou's win over Noguiera was a fluke, so he fights Arona and he beats him in the same fashions - showing the world that he is the real deal...

Im starting to lose interest in the UFC... and I really miss Pride, thanks Mr. Dana White!

Post #8   9/23/07 1:51:47AM   

Kastro

Standup Guy

Kastro Avatar

Chips:

Posted by nubby

Posted by Kastro

Yah it is messed up..

What is that supposed to mean? If you disagree you should perhaps explain yourself, if you agree then hey its all good...

Either way I stand by what I said, to each their own opinion, but come on if you disagree with me show a little class and debate like a man instead of making little jokes.. thats pretty lame.

Post #9   9/23/07 1:54:01AM   

nubby

Banned

nubby Avatar

Career:212-114
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:

Posted by Kastro

Posted by nubby

Posted by Kastro

Yah it is messed up..

What is that supposed to mean? If you disagree you should perhaps explain yourself, if you agree then hey its all good...

Either way I stand by what I said, to each their own opinion, but come on if you disagree with me show a little class and debate like a man instead of making little jokes.. thats pretty lame.

It's funny to me that you are losing interest in the UFC because Pride fighters are getting their asses handed to them and yet it has been the commonly held beleif that they are superior. Shogun, the number 1 ranked fighter at 205 by the majority of MMA fans just got beat, he wasn't only beaten, he was submitted. To me, every single pride fighter who has yet to show themselves in the UFC is now being removed from my rankings until they prove their rankings in the UFC.

Post #10   9/23/07 1:59:07AM   

Kastro

Standup Guy

Kastro Avatar

Chips:

Posted by nubby

Posted by Kastro

Posted by nubby

Posted by Kastro

Yah it is messed up..

It's funny to me that you are losing interest in the UFC because Pride fighters are getting their asses handed to them and yet it has been the commonly held beleif that they are superior. Shogun, the number 1 ranked fighter at 205 by the majority of MMA fans just got beat, he wasn't only beaten, he was submitted. To me, every single pride fighter who has yet to show themselves in the UFC is now being removed from my rankings until they prove their rankings in the UFC.

Hey, I can respect that... Im not taking anything away from Griffin, but Shogun put on a weak performance.. I have seen him do so much better as well as Cro Cop...

Lets not forget Rampage came from the UFC and so did Anderson Silva.. and they are both champions right now.

I got respect for the UFC... Im just saying I miss Pride and MMA does not seem the same since Pride went under... but hey man thats the way it is I guess..

Mad respect to Griffin for his win, the guy is an animal.

Post #11   9/23/07 2:05:58AM   

MALICE

MMA Sensei

MALICE Avatar

Career:698-340
Chips:
That's how it is looking. I dont make excuses when UFC fighters lose. I really dont care. I just like seeing the best fighters going up against each other. Are the PRIDE fighters at a disadvantage? A little. Because of the rules, and the cage. But, I dont believe a true well-rounded fighter would be affected by these conditions. And Rua wasn't. He gassed, whether it be from lack of training, injury, Griffin's pace, or whatever. This is what I see in theLHW division.

Chuck lost - needs to rethink things
Keith won - good for him, do it again
Rua lost - get another shot, prove himself
Griffin won - same as Jardine
Wanderlei - let's see if hes still got it
Henderson - middleweight or LHW
Rampage - defend his title
Tito - good luck
Rashad - bigger name fights

Post #12   9/23/07 2:17:02AM   

Btews22

MMA Regular

Btews22 Avatar

Career:190-116
Camp: Oregon Top Team
Chips:
is it just me or are all the pride guys who train outside the US showing us why they were great in pride and not in the UFC. when these fighters fought in Japan they were not subject to drug tests and you have to be retarded to to think that they were juicing. Look at Cro Cop the mans body does not look the same he has more fat on him and less mass on his thighs, Shogun gassed in the second round, and Wandi was beat by a much smaller hendo when they fought in Vegas. And maybe this is the reason Fador has not come to the US I would not put steroids past any top athlete today, I will not be surprised if Shogun and wandi are not the fighters they once were, look at the division tell me that it is not Rampage then everybody else. All an All it was a very bad night for the UFC nothing went the way Dana would have wanted.

Post #13   9/23/07 3:03:03AM   

hotrodttt

Ridin the MMA WW since 02 !

hotrodttt Avatar

Career:2,670-1,435
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
If you are doing the MMA MATH then Sokoudjo would be # 2 in the World rite now

Post #14   9/23/07 3:05:18AM   

scissors61

Learning to Sprawl

scissors61 Avatar

Career:528-301
Chips:
All I know is that Rampage has to be happy knowing his next title defense will most likely be against Griffin and not Rua.

Post #15   9/23/07 3:06:00AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2