Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Is Franklins nose an issue?

Print  
Posted By Message

uhlsc

Learning to Sprawl

uhlsc Avatar

Career:446-314
Camp: Cartersburg Fight Fans
Chips:
Does anyone else think that franklins nose could be a problem for him. He had a pretty bad break and I know alot of fighters have but with the middleweight class being stacked with good strikers the way it is. It seems to me that even a decent shot to the nose would reproduce the same effect that Andersons knee caused. Does anyone else see it this way??

Post #1   2/5/07 11:25:20AM   

Stickan

the HAWT one!

Stickan Avatar

Career:377-180
Chips:
Rampage looked fine in his last bouts despite his fugly broken nose.

Post #2   2/5/07 12:07:13PM   

jmoooooo

MMA Regular

jmoooooo Avatar

Career:501-328
Chips:
thats why they force him to take a certain amount of time off, and the doctors have to ok it before he fights again.

ive seen guys who have had their nose broken multiple times with next to no cartilage left...they can almost touch the tip to their face....i would almost think thats better, has more give

Post #3   2/5/07 12:52:03PM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:
Physically I think Rich will be fine, there are plenty of fighters who've had their noses broken...

Mentally is what he should be the most worried about...

Post #4   2/5/07 1:18:15PM   

D-Boy

MMA Regular

D-Boy Avatar

Career:264-172
Chips:
I don't think J Mac is going to be striking with Rich to be honest with you so it may only be an issue from ground and pound but J Mac looked like more of a sub guy when we saw him.

Post #5   2/5/07 1:22:29PM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:

Posted by D-Boy

I don't think J Mac is going to be striking with Rich to be honest with you so it may only be an issue from ground and pound but J Mac looked like more of a sub guy when we saw him.

True. And isnt it true that once a nose is broken it becomes somewhat tougher?
And J mac will pucnh him int he nose givin the chance.

Post #6   2/5/07 1:33:27PM   

bayonetxwork

In Full Mount

bayonetxwork Avatar

Career:114-60
Camp: TUFFS Fight Club
Chips:

Posted by uhlsc

Does anyone else think that franklins nose could be a problem for him. He had a pretty bad break and I know alot of fighters have but with the middleweight class being stacked with good strikers the way it is. It seems to me that even a decent shot to the nose would reproduce the same effect that Andersons knee caused. Does anyone else see it this way??

Keep in mind that Franklin is arguably the 2nd best striker in the division, so you won't have to worry about that really until he fights silva again...

Post #7   2/5/07 2:57:07PM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:
it wont be a problem for Rich.....Mcdonald is too slow of a striker to give Franklin any trouble

IMO Franklin can beat him standing or on the ground easily....if Leban could land shot after shot with those overhand shots Franklin can knock Mcdonald out with his more well rounded striking

thats why i dont like these UFC 67 and 68...they are all too predictable events..

Last edited 2/5/07 7:32PM server time by Trapt1nw0nder
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #8   2/5/07 7:31:49PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:2,025-1,145
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by uhlsc

I have had my nose broken 3 times, and I had the same surgery as Rich ( talk about not being able to breathe for a week, worst week ever) and he should be fine. As a matter a fact the first 2 times my nose got broken I was immediately unconscious, the 3rd time I barely felt it. The last time I was trying to seperate someguys at a baseball game and got sucker punched, turned around and demolished the guy. So in my case it actually makes taking another broken nose easier. Also, I breathe better than I can ever remember, although I never thought about how well I breathed before it got broke the first time. So I think he;ll be good.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #9   2/5/07 9:18:17PM   

BrAeDeN91

MMA Regular

BrAeDeN91 Avatar

Career:42-30
Camp: ricco rodriguez and the sundance kids
Chips:
he will be fine franklin is tough he fought loiseau with a broken hand. so i think he will get through the nose.

Post #10   2/5/07 10:41:30PM   

We_Todd_Did

Standup Guy

We_Todd_Did Avatar

Career:205-129
Chips:
I think a good example in this case would be Jerome LeBanner (for anyone who watches K-1).His nose is a freakin WRECK after all the fighting he has done,on a good day it looks worse than Franklin's did right after breaking it,yet it's never seemed to affect his ability to take a hit or win fights.I don't think Franklin's nose is even close to that jacked up.He'll be fine.

Post #11   2/6/07 2:57:43AM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:
The only way I could see a nose getting screwed up badly is if someone didn't get it checked out at the docs. Considering he had surgery, I'm sure he'll be fine.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #12   2/6/07 3:04:45AM   

uhlsc

Learning to Sprawl

uhlsc Avatar

Career:446-314
Camp: Cartersburg Fight Fans
Chips:
right on guys thanks for the input. I have never had a broken nose and was just curious how they reheal. I kow that boxers all have jelly noses but there is a big big difference between a boxing glove and a bare thai knee and "4 ounce baby gloves" anyway thanks for the insight

Post #13   2/6/07 12:36:43PM