Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Two Guys On the Rebound

Print  
Posted By Message

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:
Dogged by questions about the effects of his age, physical fitness and tendency to go night-clubbing as fight night has neared, Chuck Liddell says his Saturday night Ultimate Fighting Championship bout with Keith Jardine will dismiss the doubters

LINK

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #1   9/21/07 11:28:24AM   

loonytnt

MMA Sensei

loonytnt Avatar

Career:299-241
Camp: Diaz Fan Club
Chips:
you cant tell the guy what to do but, imo he needs to be trainin and getting sleep not stayin out late

Post #2   9/21/07 12:14:45PM   

three_days_of_grey

MMA Regular

three_days_of_grey Avatar

Career:902-534
Chips:
I was unable to access the link because I just dont care enough about the LA Times to become a member, but I'm fairly certain this is just a new spin on the same storyline that's been floating around lately.
I find it amusing that now many are questioning Liddell's training and "late" nights now that he has lost when it wasn't an issue before. Tapout has aired some training footage of Liddell and it's pretty hardcore. Also what may be considered late by many, isn't for Liddell as he typically doesnt even get up before noon. Think about it: His fights for the past 2-3 years have been main events and don't even begin until after 9pm and he adjusts his sleep schedule to reflect that. Liddell didnt lose to Rampage because of a lack of intensity/focus in training nor clubbing; it was an ill-advised body shot that was countered.
As much as this fight is being hyped and debated, I was quite surprised by the line in the fantasy wagers. I was tempted to put money on Jardine simply due to that, but ultimately, I just don't envision him winning this fight.

-OUT-

Post #3   9/21/07 3:49:30PM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,431-836
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
I agree.

You could make a convicing arguement though that all that stuff was a factor in Liddells loss.

Make a video of the two.

Begins showing Rampage slamming Sakuraba 1,000 times.
Cut to Liddell falling asleep on a morning talk show.Cut to Rampage knocking Marvin Eastman out.Then cut to Liddel looking coked out in the audience at a UFC event.Cut back to Rampage slaming Arona.

You get my point.Maybe not the truth but you could make the arguement.

Post #4   9/21/07 5:27:30PM