Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Liddell should answer all questions on Saturday night

Print  
Posted By Message

aznteabagger

In Full Mount

aznteabagger Avatar

Career:618-368
Chips:
Chuck Liddell is undoubtedly the most popular mixed martial artist in the UFC. And only a short time ago, he was viewed by many as the most dominant 205-lb champion in UFC history.

LINK

Post #1   9/21/07 7:59:54AM   

silverbullet

Shrimpin' ain't easy

Career:144-82
Chips:
This fight is a lose-lose for Liddell. If he wins, he won against rather average Jardine, if Chuck gets knocked out, it will be devastating for his career. He gains nothing with this fight, win or lose.

The only way for Chuck to get something positive out of this fight is to completely outclass Jardine and dominate the fight to get a solid knockout. Something tells me that Liddell will have trouble putting Jardine away. Especially if he continues with his "hands at the nipples" ex-wrestler stance and completely one-dimensional game.

Post #2   9/21/07 9:41:53AM   

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
Actually, it could help him get back into the title picture. Despite his recent loss to Alexander Jardine is one of the top up-and-comers in LHW, and if Liddell can win convincingly (preferably by KO) it's a step towards getting his belt back, or at the very least setting up the dream match with Wandy-win that fight and I'd give him Rampage again or whoever is champ.

Post #3   9/21/07 10:56:09AM   

loonytnt

MMA Sensei

loonytnt Avatar

Career:299-241
Camp: Diaz Fan Club
Chips:
if he wins i think he will fight wandy before he fights rampage

Post #4   9/21/07 12:28:36PM   

sakurabaforever

I'm banned and have no life

Career:34-16
Chips:

Posted by aznteabagger

Chuck Liddell is undoubtedly the most popular mixed martial artist in the UFC. And only a short time ago, he was viewed by many as the most dominant 205-lb champion in UFC history.

LINK

Thanks for your non-fact based opinion.

If people doubt it (like myself and many others) he's not "undoubtedly" the most popular now is he? I would say Couture is in the UFC. And only UFC fans who were closed off from the MMA-world would call him the most dominant champ at 205.

That being said, I agree, all questions will be answered against Jardine. The only way to prove himself in this fight is to completely outclass Jardine, and that's doubtful unless he's made some major adjustments, which he better have. The Rampage KO should really wake him up.

Either way, this is probably the first Chuck fight I'm excited for where I don't just want to see him get KOd. Its gonna be entertaining, hopefully a bombs-away war, and the fans win, regardless of the outcome.

Post #5   9/21/07 8:56:48PM   

aznteabagger

In Full Mount

aznteabagger Avatar

Chips:

Posted by sakurabaforever

Posted by aznteabagger

LINK

Thanks for your non-fact based opinion.

If people doubt it (like myself and many others) he's not "undoubtedly" the most popular now is he? I would say Couture is in the UFC. And only UFC fans who were closed off from the MMA-world would call him the most dominant champ at 205.

That being said, I agree, all questions will be answered against Jardine. The only way to prove himself in this fight is to completely outclass Jardine, and that's doubtful unless he's made some major adjustments, which he better have. The Rampage KO should really wake him up.

Either way, this is probably the first Chuck fight I'm excited for where I don't just want to see him get KOd. Its gonna be entertaining, hopefully a bombs-away war, and the fans win, regardless of the outcome.

if you read the article, that's the opening paragraph

Post #6   9/21/07 8:58:21PM   

jakeiceman

Banned

jakeiceman Avatar

Career:185-141
Chips:
Hmmm yeah uh sorry bud, he is easily the most popular fighter in the UFC if not the world...you only say that because you are not a fan of his...and thats fine...and secondly you say only people who have only watched the UFC think that he was once the best at 205 is rediculous, not only fans but the majority of MMA experts believed so as well. I know we havent seen the last of him, or the best for that matter...he will once again be the best in the world imo...but thats just mine...take it or leave it.

Post #7   9/22/07 12:50:12AM   

sakurabaforever

Career:34-16
Chips:

Posted by jakeiceman

Hmmm yeah uh sorry bud, he is easily the most popular fighter in the UFC if not the world...you only say that because you are not a fan of his...and thats fine...and secondly you say only people who have only watched the UFC think that he was once the best at 205 is rediculous, not only fans but the majority of MMA experts believed so as well. I know we havent seen the last of him, or the best for that matter...he will once again be the best in the world imo...but thats just mine...take it or leave it.

Oh, well if you say it, it must be true!

Yeah, Liddell is is the most popular fighter in the world I'm sure he has legions of fans in Europe, South America and Asia

And I don't know of any non-UFC so called "experts" who believed Liddell was the best at 205 outright. I'm sure Wandy secures much more votes around the word (and I'm sure much less then Liddell in the US).

I can't believe you're serious?! CC and Fedor are easily the most popular in Europe, Wandy, Gracies, BTT in Brazil, Saku, Yoshida, Gomi, Kid, etc in Japan....

Post #8   9/22/07 2:53:14AM   

aznteabagger

In Full Mount

aznteabagger Avatar

Chips:

Posted by sakurabaforever

Posted by jakeiceman

Oh, well if you say it, it must be true!

Yeah, Liddell is is the most popular fighter in the world I'm sure he has legions of fans in Europe, South America and Asia

And I don't know of any non-UFC so called "experts" who believed Liddell was the best at 205 outright. I'm sure Wandy secures much more votes around the word (and I'm sure much less then Liddell in the US).

I can't believe you're serious?! CC and Fedor are easily the most popular in Europe, Wandy, Gracies, BTT in Brazil, Saku, Yoshida, Gomi, Kid, etc in Japan....

CC fought twice in the UK...lost twice...most popular in europe...no

Post #9   9/22/07 8:55:02AM   

sakusback7

Career:-
Chips:
Chuck's popularity is skyrocketing now

Post #10   9/24/07 11:51:18AM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,518-886
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
I think Chuck is good,but I highly disagree with the idea that Liddell is "one of the greatest,if not the greatest fighter ever" statement made by Dana White.Sure I believe he belongs in the hall of fame,but I wouldn't call him the greatest fighter ever.I consider Couture much greater than Liddell.

Post #11   9/24/07 3:38:25PM   

sakusback8

Career:-
Chips:
And that he is.

Post #12   9/24/07 6:56:58PM