Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

New Xbox Unveil tomorrow

Print  
  Page 5 of 5   <<   2     3     4     5  
Posted By Message

40ouncetofreedom

In Full Mount

40ouncetofreedom Avatar

Career:1,904-1,098
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by iwannabesedated

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by Shawn91111

xbox will never be better than playstation

Over 46 Million would disagree. PSN as of 2011 has yet to turn a profit, if PSN is free and superior than i'd expect microsoft to lessen their charges but they haven't and won't because they have the superior product.

If i'm running a business charging people to use my product and you come out wth a free product basically to do the same shit and my market tumbles then i have 2 options.

1) Lower or go free with my product
2) Give 0 fucks because even at a fee i still have 50 million paying to use my product because they feel it's superior.

I didnt say the network. System. I dont care about the networks as I only play a few games online so I really couldnt say if PSN is shit or not. I play sports games on PSN and never had any issues

To me, They look the same and feel the same on my screen, Sure PS has the blu-ray.. Well i torrent movies and stream them from my laptop/external hard drive thru my xbox thru media center. I'm not paying for them so wether its 480i or blu-ray makes no difference to me.

Like i said earlier, to me it's what perks you like and look for and also if you're online person what more of your crowd has......... sucks if your the friend that has the PS playing alone while your buddies all have xbox playing together.

True but he is sitting with his original PS, while Xbox have been returned by over half

Early models got some red-rings but it was fixed for free and returned within 3-4 days they even picked up the shipping. The PS2 had a lot of issues, So it's not like Sony makes a system that never breaks down.If you use something a lot eventually you will encounter some issues.

Post #61   5/23/13 4:38:30PM   

Shawn91111

The MMAPlayground's Co-Creator

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:2,622-1,372
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by Shawn91111

Over 46 Million would disagree. PSN as of 2011 has yet to turn a profit, if PSN is free and superior than i'd expect microsoft to lessen their charges but they haven't and won't because they have the superior product.

If i'm running a business charging people to use my product and you come out wth a free product basically to do the same shit and my market tumbles then i have 2 options.

2) Give 0 fucks because even at a fee i still have 50 million paying to use my product because they feel it's superior.

I didnt say the network. System. I dont care about the networks as I only play a few games online so I really couldnt say if PSN is shit or not. I play sports games on PSN and never had any issues

To me, They look the same and feel the same on my screen, Sure PS has the blu-ray.. Well i torrent movies and stream them from my laptop/external hard drive thru my xbox thru media center. I'm not paying for them so wether its 480i or blu-ray makes no difference to me.

Like i said earlier, to me it's what perks you like and look for and also if you're online person what more of your crowd has......... sucks if your the friend that has the PS playing alone while your buddies all have xbox playing together.

True but he is sitting with his original PS, while Xbox have been returned by over half

Early models got some red-rings but it was fixed for free and returned within 3-4 days they even picked up the shipping. The PS2 had a lot of issues, So it's not like Sony makes a system that never breaks down.If you use something a lot eventually you will encounter some issues.

The facts of a failure rate are there. Of course systems will fail, but its the amount that the Xbox did that pissed a lot of people off.

Post #62   5/23/13 4:41:26PM   

40ouncetofreedom

In Full Mount

40ouncetofreedom Avatar

Career:1,904-1,098
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by Shawn91111

The facts of a failure rate are there. Of course systems will fail, but its the amount that the Xbox did that pissed a lot of people off.

So basically your argument is based on those of which had xbox issues when 1st gen systems were launched years ago to your gaystation never having any issues?

So i guess if i have ferrari that broke down on me 4 years ago and you have a chevy cobalt that has never failed you, You wouldn't buy a Ferrari ??

Honestly, if you put a PS3 and Xbox on same make and model TV with the same game....You'd be able to tell me which is which ?...There's isn't much significant different in either...it's all personal preference and what suits the buyer better.

Post #63   5/23/13 4:51:04PM   

Shawn91111

Shawn91111 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by Shawn91111

So basically your argument is based on those of which had xbox issues when 1st gen systems were launched years ago to your gaystation never having any issues?

So i guess if i have ferrari that broke down on me 4 years ago and you have a chevy cobalt that has never failed you, You wouldn't buy a Ferrari ??

Honestly, if you put a PS3 and Xbox on same make and model TV with the same game....You'd be able to tell me which is which ?...There's isn't much significant different in either...it's all personal preference and what suits the buyer better.

Comparing a Ferrari to a Cobalt has no relevance to this. Of course its all personal preference, nobody is saying anything different.

Post #64   5/23/13 4:57:39PM   

ChrisSabal

Go Cubs Go!

ChrisSabal Avatar

Career:745-533
Camp: TKO
Chips:

Posted by ChrisSabal

I will end this debate.

PC gaming. That is all.

CTRL+S pew pew pew.

Console gaming atleast has a level playing field, If you're PC is more laid out than mine you're going to have a significant advantage, PC is too much upkeep for me anyways. but to each their own.

I wouldn't say that. There are ways to adjust your PC. A better machine doesn't mean you'll be better. Your game will just look prettier and have more fps.

Post #65   5/23/13 6:29:15PM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,462-848
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW8Dwb87LTU

I guess this still hasn't changed.

On another note. I liked my 360. .......Then I liked my second 360 as well. Both broke on me within a year with the ring of death.
I always hold off on any new consoles. It always seems like they get it right on the second run (plus their cheaper).

Last edited 5/23/13 9:59PM server time by mrsmiley
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #66   5/23/13 9:56:09PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,220-792
Camp: The Original Gangsters
Chips:
have had my xbox for 3-4 years. have had no problems whatsoever.

and yea its the black one

Post #67   5/23/13 10:02:23PM   

papercut

Hulk Status

papercut Avatar

Career:1,290-1,016
Chips:

Posted by george112

this. I had the white xbox 360 for 2 years then upgraded (traded the white one in) to a black slim and have never had any problems. got a ps3 for xmas from the gf and I only play god of war on it. the box gets most of my gaming.

Post #68   5/23/13 11:13:37PM   

Shawn91111

Shawn91111 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by papercut

Posted by george112

this. I had the white xbox 360 for 2 years then upgraded (traded the white one in) to a black slim and have never had any problems. got a ps3 for xmas from the gf and I only play god of war on it. the box gets most of my gaming.

Why the upgrade. just wondering

Post #69   5/23/13 11:17:59PM   

papercut

Hulk Status

papercut Avatar

Career:1,290-1,016
Chips:
the white one was limited (for me anyway) hard drive-wise. I bought the cheap 4gig version and then got a 20 gig hard drive after. played borderlands GOTY edition and those maps filled it up for the most part. so when I had the spare cash I got the 250 gig slim. still have around 190 gigs free.

Edit: also when I upgraded they no longer made the white one.

Last edited 5/23/13 11:50PM server time by papercut
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #70   5/23/13 11:49:27PM   

Shawn91111

Shawn91111 Avatar

Chips:
Always wondered if people used up a good amount of their gb on their systems

Post #71   5/24/13 8:46:18AM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:
I always install games to make them run faster and that would eat up some space. I think I have a 40gb one.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #72   5/24/13 11:31:36AM   

Page 5 of 5   <<   2     3     4     5