Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

The BlueSkiesBurn Appreciation Thread

Print  
  Page 4 of 5     1     2     3     4     5  
Posted By Message

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
Let's prop him until he hits 666 and leave it there to signify he is the devil who left us

That's unfortunate to hear Josh, but I wish you the best. I do hope you come back in some capacity later on, but do what you need to do to enjoy life.

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #46   10/1/12 4:16:30PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,474-841
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
i always figured BSB left bc he graduated. take care dude! I still follow you on the twitter, so I know i'll see you around on the interwebs!

UFC 151: Never Forget

Post #47   10/1/12 4:26:06PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:

Posted by Shawn91111

Probably right, but would never want anyone to leave the playground.

I'm not even sure when or how it began with the two of us, but I didn't help the situation and didn't endear myself to anyone with the way I carried on. It made it unpleasant for a lot of people and they let me know it. Some via PM, some on the threads.

That, in turn, led to additional conflicts. Over time, everything began to build up and it really started to play out in the high-school fashion that so many people have already mentioned. You'd see a number of posters "taking my side" & other posters "taking the other side."

I could really start to see that the whole of the Playground was getting more and more feisty. People began taking shots at other people and starting threads about them. Looking back, I wish I had noticed myself perpetuating those behaviors on the Playground and tried to correct it back then. Instead, I fed into it just like the others.

All that did was annoy people more and make the situation worse. Which made me feel worse since my initial goal was to get the Playground booming again. When I started the Podcast with for the PG, I wanted to take it out of the funk it had been in.

This place used to have 3 pages per thread. It's picked up again, but there was a while when we were lucky if 3 out of every 10 threads had more than 1-2 pages. I hated seeing the Playground die. It felt like every day was going to be the day that we were told that the site was shutting down.

The goal was to rebuild the site, with fewer problems, more options, and better discussions. Many times, I would disagree with people purely for the sake of keeping a discussion going. They always seemed to die. When I began disagreeing with people, we had more posters and more to work with on the PG.

I tried to bring over members from other sites and encourage members who had been there since the beginning, but never posted, to begin posting and getting their thoughts out there. I was trying to get the site back to a point where the members were supporting it again.

I got extremely carried away at times and lost sight of what was important. It began to frustrate me as I tried to fix things and people weren't responsive. Of course, I never considered that they didn't have to be responsive, that was their right. So, naturally, I figured if they weren't going to try, then I wasn't either.

That's what got us to where it's at now and that's why I chose to leave. It wasn't "you," Shawn. I'm not saying you thought it was, but I just wanted to clear that up in case it seemed unclear. I honestly figured most people were thinking like I was at that point. Every time I got a notification of a response to a thread in which I had posted, I thought to myself, "here we go."

I am 100% certain that you and several other people had gotten to that point with notifications that I had replied to one of your threads. It was at the point where I was rolling my eyes and sighing before clicking. That's not fun and I know it wasn't fun for you guys either. And it got to the point where I decided that it was more work than it was worth.

I'd rather leave than continue to upset people, deal with debates, respond to posts, and try to avoid taking everything so damn seriously. I know that you support the Playground and wouldn't ever want anyone to leave, Shawn. I know enough about you to know that you are very pro-PG. So, I don't doubt a word you've said about not wanting members to leave.

It was a "me" thing. I needed to take a step back and realize how I was helping to create the situation around me. Ask myself what had I really done to avoid those things on the Playground. When the answer became clear that I wasn't doing a damn thing to avoid it, I decided a change had to be made.

So, I left. Rather than make a production about it, I said I was going to leave and just quietly went away. I figured that there had been enough bullshit to supply an entire season of MTV programming at that point. I wanted to do something to help the situation for a change.

That's really why I departed.

Post #48   10/1/12 4:42:35PM   

Cooler

Banned for Cheating

Cooler Avatar

Career:886-472
Camp: The Evolutionaries
Chips:

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by Shawn91111

Probably right, but would never want anyone to leave the playground.

I'm not even sure when or how it began with the two of us, but I didn't help the situation and didn't endear myself to anyone with the way I carried on. It made it unpleasant for a lot of people and they let me know it. Some via PM, some on the threads.

That, in turn, led to additional conflicts. Over time, everything began to build up and it really started to play out in the high-school fashion that so many people have already mentioned. You'd see a number of posters "taking my side" & other posters "taking the other side."

I could really start to see that the whole of the Playground was getting more and more feisty. People began taking shots at other people and starting threads about them. Looking back, I wish I had noticed myself perpetuating those behaviors on the Playground and tried to correct it back then. Instead, I fed into it just like the others.

All that did was annoy people more and make the situation worse. Which made me feel worse since my initial goal was to get the Playground booming again. When I started the Podcast with for the PG, I wanted to take it out of the funk it had been in.

This place used to have 3 pages per thread. It's picked up again, but there was a while when we were lucky if 3 out of every 10 threads had more than 1-2 pages. I hated seeing the Playground die. It felt like every day was going to be the day that we were told that the site was shutting down.

The goal was to rebuild the site, with fewer problems, more options, and better discussions. Many times, I would disagree with people purely for the sake of keeping a discussion going. They always seemed to die. When I began disagreeing with people, we had more posters and more to work with on the PG.

I tried to bring over members from other sites and encourage members who had been there since the beginning, but never posted, to begin posting and getting their thoughts out there. I was trying to get the site back to a point where the members were supporting it again.

I got extremely carried away at times and lost sight of what was important. It began to frustrate me as I tried to fix things and people weren't responsive. Of course, I never considered that they didn't have to be responsive, that was their right. So, naturally, I figured if they weren't going to try, then I wasn't either.

That's what got us to where it's at now and that's why I chose to leave. It wasn't "you," Shawn. I'm not saying you thought it was, but I just wanted to clear that up in case it seemed unclear. I honestly figured most people were thinking like I was at that point. Every time I got a notification of a response to a thread in which I had posted, I thought to myself, "here we go."

I am 100% certain that you and several other people had gotten to that point with notifications that I had replied to one of your threads. It was at the point where I was rolling my eyes and sighing before clicking. That's not fun and I know it wasn't fun for you guys either. And it got to the point where I decided that it was more work than it was worth.

I'd rather leave than continue to upset people, deal with debates, respond to posts, and try to avoid taking everything so damn seriously. I know that you support the Playground and wouldn't ever want anyone to leave, Shawn. I know enough about you to know that you are very pro-PG. So, I don't doubt a word you've said about not wanting members to leave.

It was a "me" thing. I needed to take a step back and realize how I was helping to create the situation around me. Ask myself what had I really done to avoid those things on the Playground. When the answer became clear that I wasn't doing a damn thing to avoid it, I decided a change had to be made.

So, I left. Rather than make a production about it, I said I was going to leave and just quietly went away. I figured that there had been enough bullshit to supply an entire season of MTV programming at that point. I wanted to do something to help the situation for a change.

That's really why I departed.

Post #49   10/1/12 4:47:07PM   

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,815-1,059
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
= This thread.

Here's me thinking this forum was frequented by adults.

Go outside people. There's a whole world out there and it's real......

Post #50   10/1/12 4:49:53PM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,027-597
Chips:
Cooler, FFS, this has zero to do with you, and yes it is an open forum, but seriously, why? Truly there is no better example of trolling...

Post #51   10/1/12 4:51:42PM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Career:118-71
Chips:

Posted by airkerma

Cooler, FFS, this has zero to do with you, and yes it is an open forum, but seriously, why? Truly there is no better example of trolling...

Because he made a hilarious post responding to a dramatic word wall completely devoid of paragraphing? This butthurt shit is whats making everyone cry.

Relax and enjoy motherfuckers.

Post #52   10/1/12 5:05:37PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,220-793
Camp: The Original Gangsters
Chips:
I could tell 2 pages ago this thread would get out of hand.

Frankly im tired of looking at it.

BSB your good in my book

This thread needs to die

Post #53   10/1/12 5:17:14PM   

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:1,991-1,181
Chips:

Posted by george112

BSB your good in my book

This thread needs to die

We all need to go get shit faced and take an undesirable home

Post #54   10/1/12 5:19:39PM   

Budgellism

Raptors Fan

Budgellism Avatar

Career:2,766-1,590
Chips:

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by george112

BSB your good in my book

This thread needs to die

Post #55   10/1/12 5:24:53PM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by george112

BSB your good in my book

This thread needs to die

its not out of hand but I gree with shitfaced sentiments.

Post #56   10/1/12 5:32:02PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:

Posted by george112

BSB your good in my book

This thread needs to die

I only popped in to say I was sorry and provide an explanation for my behavior. I wanted to be a man and accept responsibility for my actions. Sorry if it caused further problems.

Post #57   10/1/12 5:32:52PM   

ghandikush

MMA Sensei

ghandikush Avatar

Chips:

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by george112

BSB your good in my book

This thread needs to die

I only popped in to say I was sorry and provide an explanation for my behavior. I wanted to be a man and accept responsibility for my actions. Sorry if it caused further problems.

Dont be silly broham youre way to sentimental about all this right now.

Post #58   10/1/12 5:34:24PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,220-793
Camp: The Original Gangsters
Chips:

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by george112

BSB your good in my book

This thread needs to die

No problems here man

I didn't mean it like that at all.

Post #59   10/1/12 5:42:33PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,252-1,209
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Then let's end this thread with a big old fashioned group hug

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #60   10/1/12 6:23:12PM   

Page 4 of 5     1     2     3     4     5