Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Let's go ahead and get it out of the way

Print  
Who won?
Henderson 23 32%
Edgar 49 68%
  Page 4 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,916-1,066
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Those leg kicks of Aldo's will do a number on Edgar, considering Edgar's lateral movement is what bewilders most of his opponents.

Post #46   8/13/12 1:45:23AM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,600-1,486
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I re-watched the fight today and instead of the 49-48 I originally had for Edgar, I thought he won 48-47, but it was so close that I'm absolutely fine with the decision. Totally different wavelength here, but my buddy said he'd like to see Dominic Cruz and Edgar fight and although it won't happen, I was pretty intrigued by the thought of that fight.

Post #47   8/13/12 2:08:02AM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:

Posted by aussiemma

Posted by Kpro

Posted by aussiemma

edgar's best chance of winning a title again is in the lw division, i just cant picture him getting passed aldo.

I don't know, Aldo's cardio in the championship rounds is not that great. He may outgrow 145 by the time Frankie gets a title shot assuming his cardio issues are weight-cutting related, and if he doesn't, I wouldn't want to start running out of energy with 5-10 minutes left in a 5 rounder against Edgar.

yeah i agree with you about the cardio issue, but when i picture the fight in my head i see frankie getting ko'd early.

This. Frankie has a pretty notable history of getting rocked. Aldo is a fighter that will finish you when you're rocked. I like the idea of the fight, but I think Aldo will beat Edgar before Aldo runs out of gas.

Frankie tends to get stronger as the fight progresses. He's a slow starter. Not in the sense of his energy level, but more along the lines of momentum. Edgar has had shaky starts in at least his last 4 fights. I can't really remember his first two fights with B.J., but I think he did okay in those first rounds.

That said, he is lucky he wasn't finished in the first round against Maynard. His 1st round against Maynard in their 3rd fight wasn't all that impressive either. We obviously know how both 1st rounds against Bendo looked. That's not really a luxury you can afford with Aldo.

Post #48   8/13/12 6:05:24AM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,583-1,321
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Aldo couldn't finish Faber, Hominick, or Florian in 25 minutes. 3 of his 5 defenses have gone the distance and to lesser opponents so I'm not sure why anyone would assume that Aldo would finish him before he were to gas making it irrelevant. Sure it could happen but the odds are worse than a coin flip. I'd put money on Frankie still standing there to start a 4th round.

Post #49   8/13/12 6:39:06AM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:

Posted by Kpro

Aldo couldn't finish Faber, Hominick, or Florian in 25 minutes. 3 of his 5 defenses have gone the distance and to lesser opponents so I'm not sure why anyone would assume that Aldo would finish him before he were to gas making it irrelevant. Sure it could happen but the odds are worse than a coin flip. I'd put money on Frankie still standing there to start a 4th round.

Fair enough. I just question Frankie's ability to avoid a big shot from Aldo.

Post #50   8/13/12 6:45:33AM   

Page 4 of 4     1     2     3     4