Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Gerald Harris Cut by the UFC

Print  
  Page 4 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

babalu46

In Full Mount

babalu46 Avatar

Career:978-609
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
The simple fact is everyone agrees this cut is stupid, and that there are plenty of other fighters who deserve to be cut instead of Harris. But i to am of the asumption that something else has happened behind the scenes, Dana rewards people for putting on exciting fights and although Saturdays fight was awful his previous three were all exciting so i'm almost certain that this isn't all the story.

Post #46   11/24/10 1:15:18PM   

Gannon

MMA Regular

Gannon Avatar

Career:2,099-1,130
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I agree, bad cut. I think there must be something else going on.

Post #47   11/24/10 2:13:38PM   

RyanC

MMA Sensei

RyanC Avatar

Career:472-317
Camp: Journalistas
Chips:
I think it's hilarious how many people I've seen predicting the fall of the UFC because of this cut (not on this site).

Post #48   11/24/10 3:32:58PM   

BustedKnuckle

MMA Sensei

BustedKnuckle Avatar

Career:659-381
Chips:
Dana and the boys have screwed the pooch on this one!1 For sure the fight with Falcao was slow and wasnt a finish. But definatly he did't deserve to get cut.

Post #49   11/24/10 6:54:10PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,495-875
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I agree that something else has to be going on here. It just has to be. Otherwise they've really gone f%*king nuts.

Post #50   11/25/10 2:00:27AM   

sbulldavid

Heavyweight Champ

sbulldavid Avatar

Career:1,358-789
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
I think Gerald Harris is slightly overrated. He's a lesser version of Mark Hamill, and he just gave up when he couldn't get the takedown, I don't have a problem with White dropping him.

Post #51   11/25/10 4:08:12AM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:

Posted by sbulldavid

I think Gerald Harris is slightly overrated. He's a lesser version of Mark Hamill, and he just gave up when he couldn't get the takedown, I don't have a problem with White dropping him.

Even a lesser version of a jedi is still pretty damn impressive.

Post #52   11/25/10 11:25:55AM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,476-1,422
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by sbulldavid

very nice!

Post #53   11/25/10 11:53:34AM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by sbulldavid

This deserve an accolade. You should make yourself one. Greatest post ever.

Post #54   11/26/10 10:09:26PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,830-1,011
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by sbulldavid

Post #55   11/27/10 12:08:17AM   

Wolfenstein

Heavyweight Champ

Wolfenstein Avatar

Career:1,304-730
Chips:
Is Gerald Harris a quality fighter? Yes. He's very much a UFC caliber fighter which is top of the food chain. Unfortunately though, he's not one of those--I'm gonna bring it,, and I'm going to win at any cost, kind of guys. He was clearly down two rounds, and really he just seemed to have no desire to win the fight.

I don't know if he just lacks the cerebral fortitude to understand that he's down 2-0, or if he just doesn't have the ability to surmount offense without countering. The fact is he made no effort to change the outcome. Gerald Harris may be a quality fighter, but at this level---you need to get after it.

The UFC doesn't need complacent fighters, or fighters who only "turn it on" in brief spurts and sleepwalk through the rest. They're trying to sell a product, and a guy like Gerald Harris just doesn't fit the bill. He has had some impressive finishes, but I have yet to see him really push the action, rather he's reacting.

There were millions of dollars spent in PPV, and gate attendance, and this is what we were treated to. I'm sorry for Mr Harris, but he has to be held responsible. It's simply not fair to the fans that we spent a lot of money to be entertained, and instead were treated to a staring match, and unfortunately as the loser, Mr Harris is going to be held accountable.

IMO, he won't be missed. While he may be a great fighter, he's not going to put butts in the seats the way he's fighting, and that's the bottom line. Hopefully this will be a wake up call and he begins to understand the business-side of things.

Post #56   11/27/10 1:55:04AM   

annabelledegennaro

Learning to Sprawl

Career:-
Chips:
Dana White has really done a bad move about cutting off Gerald Harris. It's just because he was not satisfied with the fight will just made him decide to cut off a fighter. There are really lots of bad moves Dana White have made that shocked the fans. One guess I have thought was, maybe there are lots of big gamblers that bet on Harris that has lost also, that is also putting big money in Dana's pocket, that dictated him to do the move (just a personal opinion). If ever he was cut off on UFC, is it possible that he can go to other league?

Post #57   11/27/10 10:49:42AM   

Page 4 of 4     1     2     3     4