Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

John Fitch Cut By UFC

Print  
  Page 4 of 6     1     2     3     4     5     6  
Posted By Message

xtra_chewy

Standup Guy

xtra_chewy Avatar

Career:2,676-1,414
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
wow, I think all you guys summed it up well enough...
I'm sure theres more to the story than a damn video game? BAD move DW!
Bad move. ????

Post #46   11/19/08 11:39:12PM   

Manak

Belt Contender

Manak Avatar

Career:164-106
Camp: UFC-PRIDE-MMA
Chips:

Posted by gartface

Posted by Rush

I don't want to be blunt, but

If this is true....

When the UFC runs a monopoly (or tries to) people say, it's just business. When the UFC is accused of underpaying fighters, people say it's just business.

Well, this is the same thing. Like it or not, this is just business.

Wish I could give you multiple props for this. Granted they only do it for a year, athletes sign their likeness over to their respective organizations through a player's association. But the difference is that this game has been in the works for a while, and they don't release games annually like normal sports organizations.

Plus this is a lifetime contract to sign over a video game license. What other MMA organization is going to be big enough to release a video game?

This is very true it is a business. But to cut someone is a bit wild. If a champ does not agree with this, is when this well get even more interesting cause i remember playing old basketball games in which jordan was not in it but a black bald guy for the bulls was no named but the best player in the game. I also think the UFC will start hitting problems when fighters get signed with top-notch agents like other sports (plus GSP signed with a major agent). since other sports are so established it is hard to compare. I agree with the UFC in trying o get everyone in one league with exclusive right cause there is one reason for them to fight in other likes. For example there is no way in hell any top club in the world would let their star player play for another team excluding national team play. Plus it makes more sense to have everyone in one league so u can have all the match-ups and a true champ and going overseas would be easier with a bigger roster and connections. But only time will tell

Post #47   11/19/08 11:40:25PM   

Gannon

MMA Regular

Gannon Avatar

Career:2,088-1,121
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
wow..this really really suck....what the hell

Post #48   11/19/08 11:42:06PM   

TimW001

MMA Sensei

TimW001 Avatar

Career:724-436
Chips:
Wow that's insane. But we know, from a buisness perspective, the ufc isn't losing anything. WE know that having AA, Tim S, and Lindland in the same org can't benefit you at all. So no other org can benefit from having Fitch in their org. And he's is somewhat of a boring fighter. The ufc can afford to lose him. Although he is a great competitor. #2 ww.

Post #49   11/19/08 11:45:44PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:

Posted by TimW001

Wow that's insane. But we know, from a buisness perspective, the ufc isn't losing anything. WE know that having AA, Tim S, and Lindland in the same org can't benefit you at all. So no other org can benefit from having Fitch in their org. And he's is somewhat of a boring fighter. The ufc can afford to lose him. Although he is a great competitor. #2 ww.

Huh? People around the world know who Fedor is now simply because he whooped Tim. Plus Fitch is VERY popular, he goes people will be pissed. The UFC does do one smart thing, they never advertise who they cut so casuals never notice, they just sit and ask their buddies, hey wheres so and so?

Post #50   11/19/08 11:51:45PM   

CiaoBaby

MMA Regular

CiaoBaby Avatar

Career:688-482
Camp: The Fatherless Bastards
Chips:
That was probably the funiiest thing I have ever read in my entire life! I almost shit my pants when I was reading it! Bravo my friend!

Post #51   11/20/08 12:06:35AM   

Bloodhound

Standup Guy

Bloodhound Avatar

Career:1,054-599
Chips:
UFC is getting ridiculous DREAM, Affliction, Strikeforce, Seknjou has to be happy about all of the top notch fighters getting cut

Post #52   11/20/08 12:18:24AM   

haggiswashere

MMA Sensei

haggiswashere Avatar

Career:384-281
Camp: SKADUSH!!!!
Chips:

Posted by Bloodhound

UFC is getting ridiculous DREAM, Affliction, Strikeforce, Seknjou has to be happy about all of the top notch fighters getting cut

can you imagine if affliction picked them all up and thats what saved them?

Post #53   11/20/08 12:57:42AM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Chips:
The thing about picking up guys like Fitch is, the UFC has already promoted the HELL out of them so it's easy. Also with the media now is so involved with the UFC they will probably report this so the casuals will know.

Post #54   11/20/08 1:02:20AM   

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,738-1,026
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
For everyone who is a bit sceptical on this, how about a second source.

Dave Meltzer from The Wrestling Observer is reporting this too.

Fitch and Wellisch have been cut. Cain Velasquez is about to be cut if he doesn't sign and Koscheck will be given one more fight (against Yoshida) as Dana fells like he owes Kos that much for stepping up against Alves on short notice.

Post #55   11/20/08 1:19:02AM   

McBee

In Full Mount

McBee Avatar

Career:815-456
Chips:

Posted by Gladiator

How awesome would it be if Jon Fitch bacame the modern day Maximus. He gets cast out of the UFC and exiled to some small shows like Strikeforce and slowly builds his name back up until he makes headlines in Affliction and fans beg Dana White to let him back into the UFC. Dana tries to get rid of him by setting up a rematch with Georges St. Pierre but Fitch wins and all the fans love him! The fans boo Dana White, so to gain back their depraved cheers and trust he sets up a fight between himself and Jon Fitch. But when Fitch is getting his hands wrapped backstage Dana White sucker punches Fitch in the liver, causing irrepairable internal bleeding just minutes before the fight. The fans cheer Fitch as he enters the Octagon but he can barely stand on his own two legs. Dana is booed and they touch gloves to begin the bout! They trade punches and Dana seems to be getting the best of the exchanges as Fitch struggles to fight through his mortal wound. An overhand right sends Fitch to the canvas and Dana pounces on him with hammer fists to finish the fight! Fitch recovers enough to pull guard and slaps a triangle choke on Dana! Fitch rains elbows down on his shiny bald head with all his might and the fight is stopped with 1 second left in the round. Dana is limp and becomes the fist man to ever die inside the UFC Octagon. The crowd is silent as Fitch staggers to his feet to reclaim his belt... as it is put around his waist one last time he... finally... callapses. Josh Koscheck is later seen burying Fitch's Boday underneathe the Octagon and promises his friend that they will see each other again in the next life, but not before Koscheck gets his shot a UFC Gold.

said by the guy with screen name of Gladiator, going kind of far with it aren't we.

Post #56   11/20/08 1:25:45AM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by MMAcca

Fitch and Wellisch have been cut. Cain Velasquez is about to be cut if he doesn't sign and Koscheck will be given one more fight (against Yoshida) as Dana fells like he owes Kos that much for stepping up against Alves on short notice.

MMA weekly is also reporting. I don't get it. I wonder who these guys will get signed by?

Post #57   11/20/08 1:26:15AM   

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Chips:

Posted by cmill21

Posted by MMAcca

MMA weekly is also reporting. I don't get it. I wonder who these guys will get signed by?

Absolute madness.....

Now i'm wondering.....

So every member of AKA is gonna be cut if they don't sign?

What about other top name fighters, surely more will refuse to sign this ridiculous document....

Also, who the hell has actually signed this document ?

Post #58   11/20/08 1:33:26AM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by MMAcca

Absolute madness.....

Now i'm wondering.....

What about other top name fighters, surely more will refuse to sign this ridiculous document....

I'm also wondering this to, I don't know if the guys who have been shown like Forrest and Rampage have already signed, but I don't see GSP signing it with his new management and I don't know if Randy will. This is going to be an interesting week.

Post #59   11/20/08 1:41:42AM   

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Chips:

Posted by cmill21

Posted by MMAcca

Absolute madness.....

Now i'm wondering.....

I'm also wondering this to, I don't know if the guys who have been shown like Forrest and Rampage have already signed, but I don't see GSP signing it with his new management and I don't know if Randy will. This is going to be an interesting week.

I 100% don't see Randy signing this. In fact, i can't imagine many fighters signing this. Especially the big name fighters with lots of years fighting left such as, Forrest,Rashad,GSP,etc,etc....

Post #60   11/20/08 1:48:04AM   

Page 4 of 6     1     2     3     4     5     6