Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Tito vs Rashad

Print  
  Page 4 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

Junior24

MMA Regular

Junior24 Avatar

Career:168-143
Camp: FightClub
Chips:
Back in the day before Zuffa, I was a huge Tito fan. Then the stardom got to his head I think. I really believed he would take out Chuck in their second match. He proved to me then that he hasnt improved much. He may be stronger and better shape, but he still relies soley on GNP (He is in top 5). If he surrounds himself w/real strikers I think he reak havoc. What he did to Ken in their first match is what he is capable of. I would have to go w/Rashad on this one, because at this point, Rashad is fighting for more. Tito has much more at stake on this fight though. Rashad in R3 via TKO.

Post #46   3/12/07 1:59:45PM   

ryderstrong69

MMA Regular

ryderstrong69 Avatar

Career:441-287
Camp: Cat's Den
Chips:
i hope i can stay awake through these 2 lay and prayers fight

Post #47   3/17/07 11:22:08PM   

somethingclever

Learning to Sprawl

somethingclever Avatar

Career:169-84
Chips:
This fight is almost too close to call. I think that this fight will end by decision. Whose hand is raised at the end though is a tough call to make. I think I give the wrestling edge to Rashad but the experience is on Tito's side.

Post #48   3/18/07 6:25:49PM   

hathcock32

In Full Mount

hathcock32 Avatar

Career:1,966-1,249
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:

Posted by ryderstrong69

i hope i can stay awake through these 2 lay and prayers fight

Tito hasone of the best GnP in the game. Rashad has finished his last 2 opponets with devastating KO's

Post #49   3/20/07 2:14:18AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:2,573-1,539
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
IMO Rashad is better on the feet, and has a better chin. I think the wrestling is really close, but Tito has much better GnP. As for subs people are always saying Tito has them, but by his own admission he prefers to go for the GnP.We have yet to see Rashad using the subgame also , so that's a wash to me. I think Tito's unwillingness to use subs could hurt him here, because he will spend some time on his back. I'm gonna take Rashad by UD, with him keeping it on the feet most of the time

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #50   3/20/07 7:36:37PM   

hathcock32

In Full Mount

hathcock32 Avatar

Career:1,966-1,249
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

IMO Rashad is better on the feet, and has a better chin. I think the wrestling is really close, but Tito has much better GnP. As for subs people are always saying Tito has them, but by his own admission he prefers to go for the GnP.We have yet to see Rashad using the subgame also , so that's a wash to me. I think Tito's unwillingness to use subs could hurt him here, because he will spend some time on his back. I'm gonna take Rashad by UD, with him keeping it on the feet most of the time

IMO Rashad hasnt proven his chin agianst very good strikers.....and if i remember right Imes rocked him in the finale. I think Tito has the better chin he took some shots from Chuck in both fights and was still standing. And i cant see Rashad finishing this fight. Tito thinks he can bang with Evans and IMO i can see a KO on the feet by Tito. But most likely i see a 3rd round stoppage Gnp for Tito.

Post #51   3/20/07 8:23:55PM   

Fumar-Fortiuse

Learning to Sprawl

Fumar-Fortiuse Avatar

Career:18-15
Chips:
Guys lets not forget that Tito has been doing this for a little bit longer then Rashad and plus I haven't even seen Rashad fight on pay per view yet. Can he handle that pressure of facing one of this sports most reconizable fighters. I'm personally don't think he can. Rather you like or hate him Tito has been in their with the best and I think it's safe to say that Tito will be Rashads toughest opponett yet so with all that I'm giving this one to Tito by decision. The only way Rashad can win this, is by getting one of those lucky KOs he's been getting here lately. To me Rashad is still nothing more then a wrestler, I mean how many fights have you seen him in where he just holds is opponett down for 15 minutes and then he wins on the score cards.

Post #52   3/21/07 2:53:13PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:2,573-1,539
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by hathcock32

Posted by hippysmacker

IMO Rashad hasnt proven his chin agianst very good strikers.....and if i remember right Imes rocked him in the finale. I think Tito has the better chin he took some shots from Chuck in both fights and was still standing. And i cant see Rashad finishing this fight. Tito thinks he can bang with Evans and IMO i can see a KO on the feet by Tito. But most likely i see a 3rd round stoppage Gnp for Tito.

Well I certainly hope we find out who is better on the feet. As for Rashad's chin I disagree. Imes looks like he hits real hard to me, and Rashad took his hots and kept coming and dropped him 2 or 3 times.He also fought at HVY in the past and I'm sure he has been hit plenty of times, and is still undefeated. Also, I think Rashad has faster hands. To me Tito only wins if goes for the sub or can get in a dominant top position for a long GnP. I think Rashad is a far better wrestler than Cote, Shamrock, and Forrest. They are the only guys he's been able to work a good GnP against in a long while. When the time comes howabout a $500 dollar fantasy wager( if either or both of us have the money) . Let me know . Thanks

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #53   3/21/07 3:41:23PM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:

Posted by hathcock32

Posted by hippysmacker

Imes is a huge guy, and Rashad def got the better in the standup in that fight... What normal man wouldn't get rocked by a 6'8" monster... Lidell was rocked by Overeem in their fight over in Pride, but it didn't account for much...

With all that being said, this is the one test for Rashad that could skyrocket him in the majority of hardcore MMA fans opinions...

I don't see either one having a huge advantage in any aspect of the game, except for Tito's experience, and I don't know if that is enough to give him the edge...

This should be a very hard fought contest, and IMO will end a lot like Tito / Forrest did, except for Shad getting the SD...

Post #54   3/21/07 3:45:39PM   

AchillesHeel

Heavyweight Champ

AchillesHeel Avatar

Career:845-448
Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

Well I certainly hope we find out who is better on the feet. As for Rashad's chin I disagree. Imes looks like he hits real hard to me, and Rashad took his hots and kept coming and dropped him 2 or 3 times.

Yeah, Lambert doesn't exactly hit like a girl, either.

To me Tito only wins if goes for the sub or can get in a dominant top position for a long GnP. I think Rashad is a far better wrestler than Cote, Shamrock, and Forrest. They are the only guys he's been able to work a good GnP against in a long while.

Sean Salmon actually gave Rashad a hard time on the ground, and I think Tito's GnP is light-years ahead of Salmon's.

I'd give Rashad a small edge in the stand-up game, but I think he'll be in some hot water with Tito in the clinch and on the ground.

Post #55   3/21/07 3:46:15PM   

nellyhiphophead

In Full Mount

nellyhiphophead Avatar

Career:919-475
Camp: nelson top team
Chips:
i think it's who ever can take the other down and works the gnp. and then standing matters what one gets hit the that one shot. hard one to call and i would love to see it. tito the ufcs new gatekeeper at 205.

Post #56   3/21/07 4:49:01PM   

Page 4 of 4     1     2     3     4