Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Let us bet on Dream 3 - we've still got an hour or so

Print  
  Page 4 of 5     1     2     3     4     5  
Posted By Message

robnashville

Learning to Sprawl

Career:1,401-745
Chips:

Posted by wolfman

Posted by beerman77

their is always people that miss their wagers . . one way or another. i think i made mine at 330 pm. . i think that is plenty of time to get out of bed, and look at your computer,, on a sat, , of all days.

Yeah, that is obvious....Yet, with this event the majority missed wagers. Most didn't check because we were told we wouldn't be able to. So, most felt there was no need to check and when I checked I was unable to. It's over and done with, but I think Hippysmacker needs to do some explaining. There should have been an announcement or PM sent to give us a fair warning, but there wasn't. Good job with your wagers though, lucky bastard.

yeah.... i was online at the time and was able to wager..but there was only like a 40 minute window from the time they opened up the wagering til it was locked out.

they should have just taken these two events and made a doubleheader out of it, essentially collapsing them into one event. svartom said there were programming issues if they tried it some other way. do a doubleheader that has the picks for both events on the same page, and for wagering list odds for both events on the same page, with the ability to parlay from either or both cards. with the events this close, do the lock out for this 5 hours before the first event and extending until the end of the second.... prizes and badges would not be issued for each show but for how well you did on both combined. just an idea

Post #46   5/11/08 7:11:19PM   

FrankTheTank1181

Standup Guy

FrankTheTank1181 Avatar

Career:1,487-880
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:

cry me a river. . . i sent you a text need to learn to look at your phone,

Haha I got that text too with like 2 minutes left to bet. But I had to drop a deuce so I had to keep my priorities straight. I'm not sure why everyone is so upset, I mean after all it's the secondary league when most of the pics are guesses anyways.

Post #47   5/11/08 8:43:26PM   

Shawn91111

The MMAPlayground's Co-Creator

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:2,606-1,363
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by FrankTheTank1181

cry me a river. . . i sent you a text need to learn to look at your phone,

Haha I got that text too with like 2 minutes left to bet. But I had to drop a deuce so I had to keep my priorities straight. I'm not sure why everyone is so upset, I mean after all it's the secondary league when most of the pics are guesses anyways.

You're missing the point, the whole thing i for fun secondary and mainleague. Everyone who had missed out which is a damn good majority and according to Wolfman only 1 or 2 in the top 50 in wagers got to bet. It all comes down to whats fair and whats not regardless if its the secondary league or not.

Post #48   5/11/08 9:29:18PM   

orangetrashface

Learning to Sprawl

orangetrashface Avatar

Career:1,160-786
Camp: Donkey Abuse
Chips:
This never would have been a problem if DREAM 3 was in the main league like PRIDE was.

Post #49   5/12/08 12:17:41AM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:
If Dream announced their fights more than two days beforehand and actually held weigh-ins, they would be in the Primary league. Until then, they're in the secondary.

Once again, sorry about the confusion here, but if you guys look at the results, literally 4 people made money here. I'm not sure if that money is being deleted or what, but its not like this completely destroyed anyones season, and in fact I'm sure most of you are better off than you were before with everyone that got sunk on their parleys and wagers. Hell, I dropped $600, so that had to have helped some of you guys.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #50   5/12/08 2:02:29AM   

Shawn91111

The MMAPlayground's Co-Creator

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:2,606-1,363
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by Svartorm

If Dream announced their fights more than two days beforehand and actually held weigh-ins, they would be in the Primary league. Until then, they're in the secondary.

Once again, sorry about the confusion here, but if you guys look at the results, literally 4 people made money here. I'm not sure if that money is being deleted or what, but its not like this completely destroyed anyones season, and in fact I'm sure most of you are better off than you were before with everyone that got sunk on their parleys and wagers. Hell, I dropped $600, so that had to have helped some of you guys.

Mess up some of your picks for WVR and that will make me feel a bit better ...only like 7 points seperates a bunch of people from getting into the top 10 for the season

Post #51   5/12/08 2:55:22AM   

chubbud22

In Full Mount

chubbud22 Avatar

Career:642-418
Chips:
Oh well its over everyone get over it

Post #52   5/12/08 3:59:27AM   

Kracker_Jap

BANNED

Kracker_Jap Avatar

Career:359-223
Chips:

Posted by Svartorm

I'm not sure if that money is being deleted or what, but its not like this completely destroyed anyones season, .

why would you delete peoples money??? Its not their fault they made their bets and won

But this is definetly something to learn from....

Give Beerman his badge he made good bets anyhow

Post #53   5/12/08 4:04:59AM   

chubbud22

In Full Mount

chubbud22 Avatar

Career:642-418
Chips:
Its likely your boy would not even have a badge if everyone else could have made there wager

Post #54   5/12/08 4:09:07AM   

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Career:497-280
Chips:
I didnt come on to check becausei i was reliably informed that a MOD had said they would NOT have wagers for this, im pisssed off but would be even more pisssed off if i was in contention for winning

Its not just for fun theres a real $200 up for grabs for the season wager winner! and no doubt that winner has now changed from missing these wagers

weak, new admin need to do a better job imo, i mean FFS there wasnt even anything about it on the site news main page!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post #55   5/12/08 5:09:09AM   

wolfman

On the Banned Team...

wolfman Avatar

Career:550-229
Chips:

Posted by Svartorm

Yeah, but I was going to drop a lot of money on Alvarez...I had him picked to win and wanted to wager on him.

Post #56   5/12/08 10:38:30AM   

DoTheMMAth

MMA Sensei

DoTheMMAth Avatar

Career:1,409-867
Chips:

Posted by CornishMMA

weak, new admin need to do a better job imo, i mean FFS there wasnt even anything about it on the site news main page!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was 100% my fault for happening. Please direct all your hate PM's to me. I am sorry guys, I botched this one, no excuses.

In the interest of fairness the wagers for this event have been deleted. Beerman77 still gets the top earner badge however.

Post #57   5/12/08 12:20:07PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,924-1,081
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
It's not entirely his fault. I now know how to reset the time if this happens again though.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #58   5/12/08 2:09:09PM   

beerman77

Banned

beerman77 Avatar

Career:374-225
Chips:
well being the only one to make any real money on this whole deal. .it sucks to loose it . the badge is great, thanks on that. . and your right about every one else not winning or loosing their money. the fact is i won almost 35k . regardless. . . so pretty sure i would have moved up a few places was in 15th prob would have broke the top ten for sure but, it dont matter now . .at least i got a badge out of the screw up...

Post #59   5/12/08 7:58:03PM   

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Career:497-280
Chips:
its a real shame for beerman and the people who made money out of it but for the purposes of a fair level playing field i think they had to be reset so well done mods hopefully we wont have 2 events a few hours apart again OR yo can maybe work out a system to make wagers for multiple events

Post #60   5/14/08 6:30:39AM   

Page 4 of 5     1     2     3     4     5