Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Chuck Liddell

Print  
  Page 4 of 5     1     2     3     4     5  
Posted By Message

RedCloud

MMA Regular

RedCloud Avatar

Career:265-170
Chips:
Rampage vs Silva 2

Post #46   12/31/07 12:55:06AM   

Flip

Learning to Sprawl

Career:217-164
Camp: Rival
Chips:
Chuck is definitely back. I can't wait for Liddell vs. Jackson 3!

Post #47   12/31/07 6:30:43AM   

Flip

Learning to Sprawl

Career:217-164
Camp: Rival
Chips:

Posted by RedCloud

Rampage vs Silva 2

Silva already knocked him out twice.

Post #48   12/31/07 6:32:42AM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:
WOW, That was the best fight I have ever seen!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kudo's too Chuck for winning the biggest fight of his career. God Damn what a fight!!!!! Chuck proved he can beat a striker. Kudo's given...

Just I think it's too early for him to be saying he wants his belt back. But I guess he took a big step in the rankings. I think he needs to fight Jardine. Then a title shot. But I think Jardine would beat him again. But who knows...

I just think all this fight proved was Rampage will be champion for a LOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNGGGGGG LLLLLLOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGG time!!!

Post #49   12/31/07 8:04:01PM   

tlangley

MMA Regular

tlangley Avatar

Career:425-240
Chips:

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by tlangley

Posted by TheHitmanTL

and another two pride fighters get beat score 2 for the UFC!!!

why are ppl still looking at it as UFC vs Pride!? that sh*t over man...it's fighter vs fighter

Man i can assure you that if Wandy and Soko would have won there fights, all the Pride worshippers would have invaded this forum to scream that PRIDE is back, PRIDE's fighters are the bests and Bla bla bla.

i can even make you a list of 50 guys who would have done it !!!

and i'd tell thier dumb asses the same thang

Post #50   1/1/08 2:27:29AM   

HeadhunterRed

Banned

Career:11-3
Chips:

Posted by Flip

you must be a liddell fan, why do you want to see a 3rd beating, at least if wandy won a 3rd fight with page would have made sense, obviously page was rooting for liddell

Post #51   1/1/08 2:31:52AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:2,573-1,539
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by HeadhunterRed

Posted by Flip

you must be a liddell fan, why do you want to see a 3rd beating, at least if wandy won a 3rd fight with page would have made sense, obviously page was rooting for liddell

I think Liddel should have to beat another top contender before getting a title shot. Michida or Shogun perhaps. As for beatings, the first fight was very competitive, until Rampage wore him down and pummeled him. The 2nd not so much Still, if he works his way back i don't have a problem with him getting a title shot, but it has to be earned.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #52   1/1/08 4:00:41AM   

HeadhunterRed

Banned

Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by HeadhunterRed

Posted by Flip

I think Liddel should have to beat another top contender before getting a title shot. Michida or Shogun perhaps. As for beatings, the first fight was very competitive, until Rampage wore him down and pummeled him. The 2nd not so much Still, if he works his way back i don't have a problem with him getting a title shot, but it has to be earned.

yeah i agree they were close fights between wandy and rampage but at the end of the day wandy beat him down twice wheather it was close or not

Post #53   1/1/08 4:17:51AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Chips:

Posted by HeadhunterRed

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by HeadhunterRed

Posted by Flip

yeah i agree they were close fights between wandy and rampage but at the end of the day wandy beat him down twice wheather it was close or not

I wasn't clear my bad. I was talking about Chuck/page. As for Wandy/Page, I think Rampage is a entirely different fighter now, and would win now. Personally I thought Page would never recover from the beatings Wandy gave him. He even looked bad against Ninja, who I don't rate very high, and was wupped pretty bad by Shogun as well. I think he is a much better fighter under Ibarra , and I hope Wandy works his way back up for the 3rd fight. I understand why anyone would disagree with me, as Wandy did take it to him both times though. That shot of Page layed out on the ropes is probably one of the most famous in all of MMA.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #54   1/1/08 4:24:55AM   

HeadhunterRed

Banned

Chips:

I wasn't clear my bad. I was talking about Chuck/page. As for Wandy/Page, I think Rampage is a entirely different fighter now, and would win now. Personally I thought Page would never recover from the beatings Wandy gave him. He even looked bad against Ninja, who I don't rate very high, and was wupped pretty bad by Shogun as well. I think he is a much better fighter under Ibarra , and I hope Wandy works his way back up for the 3rd fight. I understand why anyone would disagree with me, as Wandy did take it to him both times though. That shot of Page layed out on the ropes is probably one of the most famous in all of MMA.

i can respect your opinion on rampage he is a much better fighter these days and probably could beat wandy and almost did but until they fight again wandy>rampage and if rampage wins wandy=rampage IMO, as for liddell i think his time has past and his fight with wandy should be his last despite people saying if he lost it should be his last, do you really want to see the guy fight the same guy who beat him twice? (rampage) when he got (T)KO'd twice, i guess thats why i think rampage has something to prove against wandy, even shogun now that hes a UFC champ (too bad they both lost there chances to give rampage a good run any time soon)

however i think thiago silva and lyoto machida would be good opponents for rampage in '08

Post #55   1/1/08 6:11:36AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Chips:
I have no problem with Liddell getting a 3rd shot, provided it is earned. If he had been demolished in both fights, instead putting up a good fight for 10 minutes of 1, and getting quickly caught after a ill advised outside body shot in the 2nd I would agree. It's not like it's Anderson/Franklin ,where he was dominated so thoroughly twice, I see no possible outcome of victory. Franklin would have demolish 3 top fighters, show he is now great in the clinch , and add some heretofore unseen skill to his game, for me to think he has a chance against Silva. Page , Randy, even Wandy after Tito/Vitor beat him have shown a fighter can evolve. Chuck actually taking a wide open takedown at the start of the 3rd has shown he is wiling to possibly become more well rounded. Now if he would go back to throwing more kicks ,like he did against Vitor, I would be really impressed.

The Iron Code

Post #56   1/1/08 9:54:04AM   

tlangley

MMA Regular

tlangley Avatar

Career:425-240
Chips:

Posted by HeadhunterRed

Posted by Flip

page was rooting for Wandy you didn't see him shaking his haed after the fight.

Post #57   1/1/08 7:47:27PM   

TimW001

MMA Sensei

TimW001 Avatar

Career:724-436
Chips:

Posted by tlangley

Posted by HeadhunterRed

Posted by Flip

page was rooting for Wandy you didn't see him shaking his haed after the fight.

Yeah man. He wants a W over wanderlei. Their last fight was an absolute war! Like the commentator said 'Pretty much watching an MMA lesson'.

Post #58   1/1/08 8:06:51PM   

mkiv9secsupra

MMA Sensei

mkiv9secsupra Avatar

Career:1,051-706
Chips:
I dont want to discredit Chuck but that didnt seem like the overly aggressive wandy i know from pride. Maybe its because he spent half the fight getting rocked or he just didnt know what to expect from chuck but Wandy never seemed to get rolling in this fight or maybe his strategy was off. It almost seemed like he was trying too hard on not losing rather than going full force and rushing in and using his hand speed. Props to chuck for returning to his dominant state but i hope Wandy returns as the aggressive guy i know from pride.

Post #59   1/1/08 10:55:16PM   

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career:1,462-806
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Chuck is back thats for sure. But he isn't ready to take on Page just yet. But Chuck showed that his willing to learn and try new things. I think if he fights another top fighter and wins then he should be in line for a shot at Page. I think Chuck is capable of beating Page he just needs to come up with different game plan. But same time I would really love to see Wandy vs Page 3 happen.

Post #60   1/2/08 3:51:14AM   

Page 4 of 5     1     2     3     4     5