Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC superstar Conor McGregor already retiring?

Print  
  Page 3 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

RhythmAndStyle

MMA Sensei

RhythmAndStyle Avatar

Career:3,713-2,269
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Article

Reports are in now saying that Conor is who we thought he is..a greedy SOB..can't believe some ppl would actually fall for his excuse of retiring due to someone else death, let alone someone he NEVER even met..just a random dude fighting at a event..as reports are flowing in, Conor was double digits in millions, like serious dude? U just got raped choked the fuck out by Nate and u want a bigger pay HAHAHAHA even Dana is not that dumb to fall for that..release his dumb ass and see if anybody else will pay him that much..maybe Bellator will but let's really see if Dana will fall for Conor money trap LOL

Ad: FanDuel: Play Daily Fantasy Sports

Post #31   4/20/16 7:11:23AM   

Five-Alive

MMA Sensei

Five-Alive Avatar

Career:1,300-797
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by RhythmAndStyle

Article

Reports are in now saying that Conor is who we thought he is..a greedy SOB..can't believe some ppl would actually fall for his excuse of retiring due to someone else death, let alone someone he NEVER even met..just a random dude fighting at a event..as reports are flowing in, Conor was double digits in millions, like serious dude? U just got raped choked the fuck out by Nate and u want a bigger pay HAHAHAHA even Dana is not that dumb to fall for that..release his dumb ass and see if anybody else will pay him that much..maybe Bellator will but let's really see if Dana will fall for Conor money trap LOL

Damn. Well I was completely off. This is why I hate assuming and was wanting to wait until something more solid came out but I jumped the gun. That Ariel video got me believing that nonsense. Wish I got to read good ol' Chael first.

Post #32   4/20/16 9:08:14AM   

RhythmAndStyle

MMA Sensei

RhythmAndStyle Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Five-Alive

Posted by RhythmAndStyle

Article

Damn. Well I was completely off. This is why I hate assuming and was wanting to wait until something more solid came out but I jumped the gun. That Ariel video got me believing that nonsense. Wish I got to read good ol' Chael first.

It's ok to assume at time as long as u don't fully believe it yet..kinda like Texas Holdem lol

Post #33   4/20/16 11:11:05AM   

GDPofMPG

FKA3.0

GDPofMPG Avatar

Career:3,100-1,931
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
He tried to play hardball with the Ferttita Family crime syndicate and took his ball home crying when they told him how it was. Not surprised from any. Zuffa is stingy, Conor is greedy, bad match up.

Post #34   4/20/16 12:13:03PM   

DoTheMMAth

MMA Sensei

DoTheMMAth Avatar

Career:1,764-1,102
Chips:

Posted by jbmoviefan

It'll be 2 in a row when he loses to Diaz again. Simply put Connor can't make 145 and can't compete with the elite at 155, retirement is better than a string of losses.

This makes sense. I still have no clue though if it's because of this or if he's using some other reason as a plausible excuse for this move. At least if he actually stays retired now all you can say about him (other than his pre-UFC fights) is that he made a run to champion then lost his last fight at someone 2 weightclasses above him (even though they both belong in the same weight class IMO).

A piece of me thinks that he may just be trying to get more money and/or there is a limit that he's hit with the whole "I run the UFC" thing, and retiring is the only leverage he could legally do within his contract.

If it's the latter it will be fun to see how this standoff plays out. Who will blink first - UFC or Conor?

I've seen some articles also mentioning the "teammate killed someone shook him up" angle as well.

Last edited 4/20/16 12:21PM server time by dothemmath
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #35   4/20/16 12:21:14PM   

RhythmAndStyle

MMA Sensei

RhythmAndStyle Avatar

Chips:

Posted by GDPofMPG

He tried to play hardball with the Ferttita Family crime syndicate and took his ball home crying when they told him how it was. Not surprised from any. Zuffa is stingy, Conor is greedy, bad match up.

I mean if he didn't lose his last match then maybe he would had a better chance at get a bigger pay..but u can't make any kinda demands after a lost..I hope Conor doesn't blow thru his money (pun intended, since Conor has been caught on camera doing lines of blow)

Post #36   4/20/16 12:22:14PM   

RhythmAndStyle

MMA Sensei

RhythmAndStyle Avatar

Chips:

Posted by DoTheMMAth

Posted by jbmoviefan

It'll be 2 in a row when he loses to Diaz again. Simply put Connor can't make 145 and can't compete with the elite at 155, retirement is better than a string of losses.

This makes sense. I still have no clue though if it's because of this or if he's using some other reason as a plausible excuse for this move. At least if he actually stays retired now all you can say about him (other than his pre-UFC fights) is that he made a run to champion then lost his last fight at someone 2 weightclasses above him (even though they both belong in the same weight class IMO).

A piece of me thinks that he may just be trying to get more money and/or there is a limit that he's hit with the whole "I run the UFC" thing, and retiring is the only leverage he could legally do within his contract.

If it's the latter it will be fun to see how this standoff plays out. Who will blink first - UFC or Conor?

I've seen some articles also mentioning the "teammate killed someone shook him up" angle as well.

If u read what I posted it wasn't or it didn't have anything to do with that death, it's all about the BenFranklins for Conor..

Post #37   4/20/16 12:24:00PM   

machodog76

MMA Sensei

machodog76 Avatar

Career:4,765-3,074
Camp: Team Global MMA
Chips:

Posted by RhythmAndStyle

Posted by GDPofMPG

I mean if he didn't lose his last match then maybe he would had a better chance at get a bigger pay..but u can't make any kinda demands after a lost..I hope Conor doesn't blow thru his money (pun intended, since Conor has been caught on camera doing lines of blow)

Got as link to that? I'd crack up to see it, it would blow my mind to see him cross that line.

Post #38   4/20/16 1:11:05PM   

xdanish020

Fight Chemist

xdanish020 Avatar

Career:4,732-2,616
Chips:
Dana and Co were stupid with this one....you never make a single fighter bigger than the actual brand and they did that. Now they're basically fucked because Conor is gonna still make a ton even when he loses or they'll release him Belly will pick him up and he'll make a ton there. I just hope he starts fighting legit comp so that people can see he truly isn't as good as the UFC tried to sell him as. Losing to Nate on 2 weeks was the first step...

Post #39   4/21/16 4:14:15AM   

Page 3 of 3     1     2     3