Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Event #10 - UFC On Fox 19: Texeira vs Evans - Needs to be cancelled

Print  
  Page 3 of 6     1     2     3     4     5     6  
Posted By Message

jbmoviefan

Standup Guy

jbmoviefan Avatar

Career:2,068-1,298
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:
People should be prepared for a potential outages on the site (though not 12-16 hours), and have their picks/wagers done well in advance. Like most players I sometimes make changes all way up till the deadline, but I also have a rough draft of my picks/wagers done several days before an event.

As much as I would like to just take our 1rst Place HW Camp Badge and say we all played with the same handicap of not being able to access the site, that's not actually true. The mods having access to the site during that time gave them an incredibly unfair advantage and one that should be rectified.

The only fair way is as others suggested to delete this event and make the next our final of the season.

Ad: Mixup - New by FanDuel. A casual daily fantasy sports game

Post #31   4/16/16 11:23:10PM   

Shawn91111

Coming back..

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:3,913-2,094
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by george112

Posted by xdanish020

Posted by george112

Posted by xdanish020

I would hate to see an event cancelled just because the site was down for a few hours before the event started. If you wait until the last minute to make your picks that's tour own fault IMO. Plenty of people including myself make their picks weeks in advance and I would hate to lose out on a card because a few late notice participants didn't get their picks in or didn't like their parlays.

if you weren't meaning to be satirical, then your post is probably the most illogical post I've read in a long long time

Cancel this shit. Wasn't in the least bit fair

How so?? Even with the site being down 12 hours there was time to make picks after weigh ins. Stop crying about it and just make your picks in advance and you won't have an issue. I did shitty on the card anyway, so I could give a F less if it gets scrapped or not.

thing about it is. Not everyone gives no fucks like you. The rules don't say make your picks early because you could be possibly be locked out of the site. There is no precedence that was set in the past for this sort of thing.

There is a reason nobody agrees with you.

People play this game to win no matter how worthless it is to you. If you don't really care I would just ignore this thread and go about your business. But you know, you're free to do what you want lol

Js man. I have college, a 9 month old daughter, a LIFE. I don't live on this site and have been making my picks the day of for most of the time I've been a member. Point being why do I have to make my picks early just because you do??

Post #32   4/16/16 11:26:11PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:3,222-1,765
Chips:
Cancel the event and next one decides the season.

I usually finalize my picks and wagers the day off the event. It probably is smarter to have everything wrapped up the day before lock, but sometimes changes are made after the weigh ins. A lot of times I don't catch the weigh ins until the morning of the fights.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #33   4/16/16 11:58:58PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:2,083-1,355
Chips:

Posted by FlashyG

I don't think the system would allow an 11 event season.

One of the other mods ran the stats already, but I've contacted DotheMMath to see about getting the event deleted as I believe that's the fairest way to deal with the situation.

Now that the stats have been run there isn't anything any of us mods can do about it, its up to the big boss now.

Just wondering. Why would a mod run stats for an event that had so much controversy surrounding it?

I don't know how it works exactly, but I thought stats were run after the event is over hence the 5 minute box that comes up when stats are being updated.

Is this an automated system? I am leaning towards no since you mentioned another mod initiating the stat run.

Do the stats HAVE to be run in a timely manner after the event? Is that why they were run?

Asking these questions I am assuming stats are run AFTER the event.

If in fact they are run after, and if the stats don't HAVE to be run immediately after, why were they??

After typing all that, I remembered there have been numerous times where stats have been updated the next day and not immediately after. So now I REALLY would like to know why stats were run for this event with all mods knowing the site was down for some time.

Post #34   4/17/16 1:44:27AM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:4,406-2,459
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by george112

Posted by FlashyG

One of the other mods ran the stats already, but I've contacted DotheMMath to see about getting the event deleted as I believe that's the fairest way to deal with the situation.

Now that the stats have been run there isn't anything any of us mods can do about it, its up to the big boss now.

Just wondering. Why would a mod run stats for an event that had so much controversy surrounding it?

I don't know how it works exactly, but I thought stats were run after the event is over hence the 5 minute box that comes up when stats are being updated.

Is this an automated system? I am leaning towards no since you mentioned another mod initiating the stat run.

Do the stats HAVE to be run in a timely manner after the event? Is that why they were run?

If in fact they are run after, and if the stats don't HAVE to be run immediately after, why were they??

After typing all that, I remembered there have been numerous times where stats have been updated the next day and not immediately after. So now I REALLY would like to know why stats were run for this event with all mods knowing the site was down for some time.

Stats are run manually and are usually ran as soon as the last fight is over, or as soon as a Mod can run them after an event.

I have no idea which mod or if DotheMMath himself ran them or why they were run. Hopefully the event is deleted to avoid the controversy but at this point I've done all I can to try and fix this, its now in the hands of DotheMMath who will likely get to it tomorrow.

Post #35   4/17/16 2:14:23AM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by FlashyG

Posted by george112

Posted by FlashyG

Stats are run manually and are usually ran as soon as the last fight is over, or as soon as a Mod can run them after an event.

I have no idea which mod or if DotheMMath himself ran them or why they were run. Hopefully the event is deleted to avoid the controversy but at this point I've done all I can to try and fix this, its now in the hands of DotheMMath who will likely get to it tomorrow.

Right on. Thanks for the clarification

Post #36   4/17/16 2:33:51AM   

Edwards

In Full Mount

Edwards Avatar

Career:4,094-2,244
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:
i agree,only got 3 fights picked lol first time ever i missed picks

Post #37   4/17/16 5:58:07AM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:4,950-2,724
Chips:
Feel sorry for the dude who came in first overall for the season.

Post #38   4/17/16 7:05:22AM   

Lungsofsteel

Belt Contender

Lungsofsteel Avatar

Career:2,096-1,383
Camp: FLBTV All-Stars
Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

I never had any issues getting onto the site. Weird.

^You're right procraztination. The guys who were in first really got shit on. I hate to say it sounds fishy if they don't cancel this event but.....why else would it have been down untill the first portion of the card started. A cancellation is only fair imo.

Post #39   4/17/16 10:31:50AM   

Michael_Corleone

I'm knocking out all bums

Michael_Corleone Avatar

Career:2,200-1,243
Chips:
I just don't understand why there was a stat update prior to an event? Daylight savings time was like a month ago and the clock goes forward 1 hour, not like 7 hours, lol.

Post #40   4/17/16 10:36:04AM   

Wallass

MMA Sensei

Wallass Avatar

Career:3,829-2,307
Chips:
In all honesty yesterday's site going down just all together comes across as really sketchy and is souring me on this site atm.

Ad: Mixup - New by FanDuel. A casual daily fantasy sports game

Post #41   4/17/16 11:11:32AM   

Shawn91111

Coming back..

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:3,913-2,094
Chips:
I don't think it's sketchy, it is pretty straightforward JLS or Budge when running the L2 stats from Friday night forgot to turn the block off/on, wasn't noticed until later Saturday. Mods didn't notice as they have access to the site with the block on

Only thing I can say is this has happened before, not often, but has happened. Only difference is it was after a UFC event so nothing major happened like this

Post #42   4/17/16 2:26:09PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Shawn91111

I don't think it's sketchy, it is pretty straightforward JLS or Budge when running the L2 stats from Friday night forgot to turn the block off/on, wasn't noticed until later Saturday. Mods didn't notice as they have access to the site with the block on

Only thing I can say is this has happened before, not often, but has happened. Only difference is it was after a UFC event so nothing major happened like this

I can't speak for whom you're responding to, but I the reason I think he thinks it's sketchy is because the stats were run anyways after the event even though everyone knew it was all fucked up.

Post #43   4/17/16 2:40:35PM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:4,406-2,459
Chips:
Nothing sketchy has taken place.

A mod made a mistake and didn't realize they had turned on the stats message. The rest of us screwed up not noticing we were the only ones on the site.

Grappler eventually noticed but not until the place was a ghost town during the event.

It's unfortunate that all these things happened, and even more so because they happened right before the final event of the season. As for the stats being run, I have no idea which Mod ran them or why, but I doubt it matters, there have been changes to events in the past after the stats have been run, i'm sure DotheMMath has the ability to delete the event in the same way.

Post #44   4/17/16 3:50:24PM   

JLS

Heavyweight Champ

JLS Avatar

Career:3,890-2,049
Chips:
Yeah not sure who ran the stats Fox 19 card but shawn is right. I'm the one to blame for the stats message block. I can promise you nothing fishy happened, it was an honest mistake from a rookie. And I can assure that won't happen again.

Post #45   4/17/16 5:33:44PM   

Page 3 of 6     1     2     3     4     5     6