Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Who are you voting for? And let's use this thread to discuss Hurricane Sandy.

Print  
Presidential Poll
Obama 21 46%
Romney 6 13%
Other 4 9%
I'm not voting 15 33%
  Page 3 of 5     1     2     3     4     5  
Posted By Message

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:
Right now, gusts are over 40 mph in Portland Maine, I can only imagine how bad they are in NY and in Jersey. Stay safe guys!

Last edited 10/29/12 9:12PM server time by warglory
Edit note/reason: n/a

Ad: FanDuel: Daily Fantasy Sports

Post #31   10/29/12 9:11:54PM   

Shawn91111

Coming back..

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:3,874-2,076
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
An hour North of NYC and the rain has stopped, still windy but nothing major. Went out from work and checked the Hudson River level in the area and wasnt too bad.

Post #32   10/29/12 10:18:20PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:2,046-1,335
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:
MSN.com has articles all over the place about just how bad this storm is. Even going so far as to call it a "Superstorm"

The usual is happening.

Flooding.
Power outages.
Wind damage.

Post #33   10/29/12 10:53:24PM   

Budgellism

We The North Time

Budgellism Avatar

Career:5,141-2,951
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Someone died in Toronto tonight being hit by a Staples sign that was blown away by the winds.

Post #34   10/29/12 11:28:33PM   

jakewalters

BJ PENN FOREVER

jakewalters Avatar

Career:1,295-852
Chips:

Posted by Budgellism

Someone died in Toronto tonight being hit by a Staples sign that was blown away by the winds.

Staples. That was easy.

Post #35   10/30/12 1:09:41AM   

ThaAxeMurderer7

MMA Sensei

ThaAxeMurderer7 Avatar

Career:1,311-835
Chips:

Posted by jakewalters

Posted by Budgellism

Staples. That was easy.

Two things. First, that shit was funny. Second, proof that the $ spent on advertising is paying off.

Post #36   10/30/12 1:34:05AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,153-681
Chips:

Posted by jakewalters

Posted by Budgellism

Staples. That was easy.

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #37   10/30/12 9:24:50AM   

jakewalters

BJ PENN FOREVER

jakewalters Avatar

Chips:

Posted by ThaAxeMurderer7

Posted by jakewalters

Posted by Budgellism

Staples. That was easy.

Two things. First, that shit was funny. Second, proof that the $ spent on advertising is paying off.

Haha marketing at it's finest.

Post #38   10/30/12 10:28:38AM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:1,901-1,160
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by george112

MSN.com has articles all over the place about just how bad this storm is. Even going so far as to call it a "Superstorm"

The usual is happening.

Flooding.
Power outages.
Wind damage.

Starting to think you don't know how ridiculous that sounds...

Earthquake = no big deal: The usual is happening, things fell down, damage was done.

Post #39   10/30/12 10:33:32AM   

jakewalters

BJ PENN FOREVER

jakewalters Avatar

Chips:

Posted by airkerma

Posted by george112

The usual is happening.

Flooding.
Power outages.
Wind damage.

Earthquake = no big deal: The usual is happening, things fell down, damage was done.

Haha good point. Florida gets battered with Cat 4's and 5's all the time, but the difference is that we're prepared for all the damage. Giant storm drains, run-offs, etc all over the place. I have a lot of idiot friends on Facebook/Twitter saying they don't know what the big deal's about for a Cat 1, and I guess they don't realize the northeast is not built to withstand a storm like we are. Thank god it wasn't a Cat 4 or 5 hurricane. That would have done exponentially more damage.

Post #40   10/30/12 10:40:49AM   

Shawn91111

Coming back..

Shawn91111 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by jakewalters

Posted by airkerma

Posted by george112

The usual is happening.

Flooding.
Power outages.
Wind damage.

Haha good point. Florida gets battered with Cat 4's and 5's all the time, but the difference is that we're prepared for all the damage. Giant storm drains, run-offs, etc all over the place. I have a lot of idiot friends on Facebook/Twitter saying they don't know what the big deal's about for a Cat 1, and I guess they don't realize the northeast is not built to withstand a storm like we are. Thank god it wasn't a Cat 4 or 5 hurricane. That would have done exponentially more damage.

Eh Florida still gets damaged from Cat 4 and 5, a ton of damage if it hits no matter how prepared they are. I lived in South Florida for 8 yrs and its no picnic.

Ad: FanDuel: Daily Fantasy Sports

Post #41   10/30/12 12:06:02PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by airkerma

Posted by george112

The usual is happening.

Flooding.
Power outages.
Wind damage.

You all misconstrued what I said. It's not that the hurricane "wasn't a big deal". What I was pointing out was the media was going ape shit over this hurricane just because it was going towards new york imo. They made it seem like it WAS a category 3 or 4 or even 5!

Please don't act like I dont know what I'm talking about. I live 15 min from the beach and 45 min to an hour from Galveston . Tons and tons of huge Oak trees where I live. Flooding we have never seen before because of Ike. I know what a hurricane can do
This I would call a "Superstorm"

Last edited 10/30/12 12:09PM server time by george112
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #42   10/30/12 12:07:53PM   

Shawn91111

Coming back..

Shawn91111 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by george112

Posted by airkerma

Posted by george112

The usual is happening.

Flooding.
Power outages.
Wind damage.

You all misconstrued what I said. It's not that the hurricane "wasn't a big deal". What I was pointing out was the media was going ape shit over this hurricane just because it was going towards new york imo. They made it seem like it WAS a category 3 or 4 or even 5!

Please don't act like I dont know what I'm talking about. I live 15 min from the beach and 45 min to an hour from Galveston . Tons and tons of huge Oak trees where I live. Flooding we have never seen before because of Ike. I know what a hurricane can do

It was also mixed with a big nor'easter carrying a shit ton of snow as well.

Post #43   10/30/12 12:09:44PM   

jakewalters

BJ PENN FOREVER

jakewalters Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by jakewalters

Posted by airkerma

Posted by george112

The usual is happening.

Flooding.
Power outages.
Wind damage.

Eh Florida still gets damaged from Cat 4 and 5, a ton of damage if it hits no matter how prepared they are. I lived in South Florida for 8 yrs and its no picnic.

Yeah man, 2004 was brutal with those four storms that hit us (Charley, Frances, Ivan, Jeanne). I remember after Frances we didn't have power for 2 weeks. Luckily we were prepared but it was rough living. We bought a new giant trashcan we filled with water to drink, and the one we already had we cleaned out as best as possible and used it to manually flush our toilets (we'd use a small trashcan and scoop out water, pour it into the back of the commode).

To be honest, the first few days sucked but after a while it was easier than you'd think to live without power. But when we got it back, you better believe I binged on technology for a solid day.

Post #44   10/30/12 12:10:17PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by george112

Posted by airkerma

Posted by george112

The usual is happening.

Flooding.
Power outages.
Wind damage.

It was also mixed with a big nor'easter carrying a shit ton of snow as well.

glad to hear your ok

Post #45   10/30/12 12:12:57PM   

Page 3 of 5     1     2     3     4     5