Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Best Chance at Beating Jon Jones

Print  
  Page 3 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,339-1,246
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I think he is pretty good and will keep the title for awhile

Best chance. Thiago silva would be interesting match
Machida may be too small
Maybe dan henderson. I really don't know

Post #31   4/7/11 11:38:23AM   

AchillesHeel

Heavyweight Champ

AchillesHeel Avatar

Career:845-448
Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

Rampage has that one shot power, but its basically a gamble on the 'punchers chance.'

Off the top of my head, I don't know if Rampage has ever been out-wrestled. Kevin Randleman, Matt Lindland, Dan Henderson, Rashad Evans. It's been awhile since I've watched any of those fights, though. The Chute Boxe guys beat him in the clinch back in Pride, but since he's been in the UFC, I don't think anyone has done that.

I think Jones' unpredictability and reach would be problems for Rampage as much as for anyone else, but I would be surprised if Jones was stronger than Rampage.

Also... "a gamble on the 'puncher's chance'"? Have you seen Rampage fight? Nickname notwithstanding, he's not some wild-swingin' madman who just hopes to land a KO sometime in the next 15 minutes. He out-boxed Cyril Abidi - twice - in kickboxing matches. Granted, Abidi ain't exactly Roy Jones Jr, but he is a professional kixkboxer who's KO'd Peter Aerts.

Post #32   4/7/11 12:11:19PM   

Mackavelli

MMA Regular

Mackavelli Avatar

Career:1,439-744
Camp: War Room Warriors
Chips:
I would say Machida, Davis, and King Mo. All have really good takedown defense. Davis and King Mo could potentially put jones on his back.

Post #33   4/7/11 9:37:10PM   

DBockman

MMA Regular

DBockman Avatar

Career:95-88
Camp: Phenoms of The MMA
Chips:
You Can't duh

Post #34   4/7/11 10:29:09PM   

the_01

MMA Regular

the_01 Avatar

Career:487-358
Chips:
No need to discuss this, Jones is the man at the moment. I dont think anyone can beat him at any time soon. Even Anderson Silva will have a problem. I think he will stay a Champion for a pretty long time, that is if he stays mentally fit as he is now.

Post #35   4/8/11 3:43:15AM   

hashyandy4

Super MW King S.O.G.

hashyandy4 Avatar

Career:614-326
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I dont think there is anyone in bones division that can beat him, so i think anderson would give him all he could handle. After that the two guys who come to mind r jds and cain, but i dont like bones going to HW.

Post #36   4/8/11 3:39:04PM   

Page 3 of 3     1     2     3