Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Randy Couture says size won't matter with Brock Lesnar at UFC 91

Print  
  Page 3 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

MaxOne

Captain Doctor

MaxOne Avatar

Career:865-586
Camp: Team Syntax
Chips:

Posted by RampageOwnedYou

hey man, nothing personal. You obviously dont read my posts. I am a joker, and someone who speaks his mind. Love me or hate me, thats fine by me.......I got no beef with you, so def. not trying to hate on ya. I dont drink as well, but you telling me Brock wasnt winded, or tired to me seems you didnt really watch the fight.
I just like people who are going to reply to something i said, to have their facts straight, thats all man.

He didn't even look slightly winded to me.
I'm picking randy, pulling for randy and i'll even be praying for randy but Brock seems to have great conditioning based on what we've seen so far.

Post #31   10/29/08 3:34:15AM   

imanidiot777

In Full Mount

imanidiot777 Avatar

Career:383-265
Chips:

Posted by UFCmma666

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Couture is saying size won't matter, but after he loses the fight he will say the size difference was a huge disadvantage for me.

no way lesnar is so inexperienced its ridiculous i c him gassing early and getting submitted

Why do people STILL doubt his cardio, he went three rounds with Herring and still wasn't dead tired.

Post #32   10/29/08 10:09:37AM   

imanidiot777

In Full Mount

imanidiot777 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Solidus

The way I see it, you're taking a chance picking against Randy. I thought there was no way in hell he would get past Tim Sylvia, and then Gonzaga, why would I go against him again. One advantage that Randy does have is that he knows exactly what Lesnar is going to do, so its a good thing he's training with all these wrestlers. Should be interesting to see Randy trying to take Brock down

That's what Herring thought and then he saw a flying need and huge right to start the fight, that connected and put him in a bad spot right away.

Post #33   10/29/08 10:14:23AM   

imanidiot777

In Full Mount

imanidiot777 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by cmill21

I hope Randy wins, I don't want to see brock #1 in the Hw div on the playground rankings.

I still couldn't put him ahead of Fedor or Noguiera and probably some other people but definitely not ahead of them.

Post #34   10/29/08 10:17:39AM   

Focker101

MMA Regular

Focker101 Avatar

Career:1,416-780
Chips:
Randy will use his wrestling to keep it standing as much as possible there he will use his

clinch were he can dirty box Lesnar

I dont think Lesnar will have the heart to outlast Couture

Lesnar should have had Herring Finished no later then the second

The experience level is too far apart this is the classic match up of
youth and strength vs Aging experience
the younk kid is not even that hungry in my opinion

I bet Lesnar is already working on his excuse of why he lost

Post #35   10/29/08 11:24:32AM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:

Posted by imanidiot777

Posted by cmill21

I hope Randy wins, I don't want to see brock #1 in the Hw div on the playground rankings.

I still couldn't put him ahead of Fedor or Noguiera and probably some other people but definitely not ahead of them.

I agree, and he woulden't be in my top 5, but I can garentee you that he will make it to #1 or 2 on this sites HW rankings.

Post #36   10/29/08 2:58:39PM   

Frost_777

MMA Regular

Frost_777 Avatar

Career:2,436-1,709
Camp: TKO
Chips:
Randy is astounding at game planning and i beleive that if (when) Lesnar takes randy down randy will have alot of trouble but randy will squirm and try to get up and this will make lesnar use more energy than he has had to and by round 4 i see randy rocking lesnar with some dirty boxing, getting the mount and raining down punches. I think Lesnar will be randys last show of greatness and that nogueira will end up forcing randy into the last final retirement but lesnar does not have the finishing ability that is needed to actually beat randy in a 5 round fight and that will be his downfall and i know once that third round comes and randy starts to finally fight off this behemoth that i will be yelling at the top of my lungs telling randy he is the man through my tv untill he finishes the job.

Post #37   10/29/08 3:39:44PM   

Gipper

RIP Evan Tanner 1971-2008

Gipper Avatar

Career:214-126
Chips:
i will never under estimate randy couture ......ever!

Post #38   10/29/08 3:58:58PM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:2,054-1,311
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
I gotta go with Brock for sure.
I'm not sure how big of a difference the size will make,but I think Brock will put Randy on his back,and that's not a posisition The Natural is too fond of.
I say Randy exposes enough of Brocks weaknesses to make him look green,but Brock will show a few of Randy's as well.Maybe not purposley,but that's how I see it.

Post #39   10/30/08 1:45:18AM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,953-1,167
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
I think Brocs cardio is an issue cause he didn't do alot of work against heath. Randy won't let him get away with that. If randy survives the early onslaught he should win the fight. He needs to survive and then out work broc and out strike him.

I think Gonzaga gave randy alot of the same problems Broc does. He's a huge guy as well and he's much more experienced and skilled than Broc. He's got a great ground game and at least as much power as broc, which is rounded out by his better striking skills. Randy handled Gonzaga. The game plan should be different because of the Wrestling pedigree but I think Randy is training right (with huge wrestlers) and will have an excelent game plan.

People still doubt The Natural and he's gonna SHOCK THE WORLD AGAIN!

WAR RANDY!!!!!!

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1
Photo Attachment 2

Post #40   11/5/08 1:13:16PM   

Page 3 of 3     1     2     3