Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

My argument for Liddell>Silva & Hughes> St. Pierre

Print  
  Page 3 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:3,115-1,776
Chips:
i think a lot of people have got this randy training with wandy thing wrong. he did make a short stop at extreme couture, but he DOES NOT train there full time, hell forrest is there, and wandy has said he wants a piece of him for beating shogun. im only saying this so folks around here will not think randy has put together this great game plan for wandy when they havent even been training together specifically for this fight.

back on subject, wandys style plays perfectly into chucks, chuck likes to circle and counter with looping punches when his opponent comes forward, and that is wandys MO, come straight forward. the thing that worries me is if wandy does come in and try to use a jardine-like gameplan for chuck(i doubt he will and this will probably be a brawl, but i still have to mention this), chuck doesnt seem to be willing or able to change strategy midway through a fight, and that plays against him. ill take chuck based purely on ther matchup, and BTW im just really happy this is finally happening, 2 losses for both guys coming into it or not.

hughes/gsp is really tough to call. on one hand, gsp is undoubtedly one of the best P4P fighters in the world and can beat hughes in a number of ways, whereas hughes wont win this unless its on the ground IMO. but hughes seems to be somewhat rejuvenated after his last loss to GSP and i think training at his own gym, closer to home really will help him to be more relaxed going into this fight. i dont think hughes will beat around the bush before going for the TD like he did last time they fought. im thinking he will attempt the TD early and often until he gets it or gets caught trying. gsp is going to come in off a short camp which should work against him, but not to a huge degree as hes a terrific athelete and should be able to get his body ready in time. im going to say hughes by GnP in rd 2 or 3, i dont see him wanting any part of gsp's stand up, and i think he has the experience, and skill to get this to the ground and finish it. either way, this is going to be a really good one, and for all the complaining about TUF ruining the title fight between serra and hughes, i think weve got a pretty good fight on our hands earlier than expected because of TUF, so i cant complain.

Last edited 12/13/07 11:59AM server time by cowcatcher
Edit note/reason: n/a

Advertisement: Check out Fanduel

Post #31   12/13/07 10:07:01AM   

allmotormark

MMA Regular

allmotormark Avatar

Career:1,035-549
Chips:
his site has a video of him training , and i am pretty sure its extreme couture
can't remember the coach's name but its that guy from canada that is sparring with him with bleach blond hair

Post #32   12/13/07 10:31:36AM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:

Posted by allmotormark

his site has a video of him training , and i am pretty sure its extreme couture
can't remember the coach's name but its that guy from canada that is sparring with him with bleach blond hair

Yes I was talking to a guy who trained at EXC while wand was there and he said Wandy's looking incredibly shredded and the guys at EXC are so impressed with his skills and intensity. He's been sparring/training stand up with Sean Tompkins.

Post #33   12/13/07 1:29:45PM   

allmotormark

MMA Regular

allmotormark Avatar

Career:1,035-549
Chips:
well maybe he hasn't moved there permenantly ...but it does seems he has been there alot , also helping randy train for his last fight

Post #34   12/13/07 2:06:21PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:

Posted by allmotormark

well maybe he hasn't moved there permenantly ...but it does seems he has been there alot , also helping randy train for his last fight

He will be taking over EXC in Florida after this fight from what i'm told.

Post #35   12/13/07 2:16:00PM   

Page 3 of 3     1     2     3