Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Dana White on Georges St-Pierre’s next move: ‘It’s going to be Whittaker’

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Braden

Heavyweight Champ

Braden Avatar

Career:2,028-1,228
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I think GSP fights Whittaker in either Vegas or Montreal. UFC 222 March 3rd in Las Vegas is a possible card, especially if Conor fights at UFC 219. If not then, we'll see what the UFC announces for ppv events in April and May. If either of those events are in Vegas or Montreal, it'll very well land there. Who knows, maybe they put it on ice and save it for International Fight Week, but I think it happens anywhere from March to July... and I'm picking Georges to win the fight. Bisping was a good tune up fight for this one.

Post #16   11/8/17 4:05:24PM   

JLS

Cigano

JLS Avatar

Career:5,223-2,806
Camp: The Misfits
Chips:

Posted by Five-Alive

I think GSP fights Whittaker in either Vegas or Montreal. UFC 222 March 3rd in Las Vegas is a possible card, especially if Conor fights at UFC 219. If not then, we'll see what the UFC announces for ppv events in April and May. If either of those events are in Vegas or Montreal, it'll very well land there. Who knows, maybe they put it on ice and save it for International Fight Week, but I think it happens anywhere from March to July... and I'm picking Georges to win the fight. Bisping was a good tune up fight for this one.

What about UFC 221 in Australia Feb. 10th?

Possible? They'll need a nice headliner.

Post #17   11/8/17 5:35:04PM   

Braden

Heavyweight Champ

Braden Avatar

Career:2,028-1,228
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by JLS

Posted by Five-Alive

What about UFC 221 in Australia Feb. 10th?

Possible? They'll need a nice headliner.

I don't think Georges will be interested in going down to Perth or fighting in February. Pert Arena is only a 15,000 seat Venue, I doubt the UFC is even interested in putting that fight down there. If it was Bisping vs Whittaker, that's a different story. Unless they're doing a big Stadium show with 50,000+ somewhere, I think there's only 3 cities that Georges would entertain fighting in, Las Vegas, Montreal and NY at MSG (and he just fought at MSG). He's never fought at the T-Mobile Arena in Vegas so I think there's a good chance he could fight there, but he said he'd like to fight in Montreal again and Dana's acknowledged Georges in Montreal again at some point is a real possibility. Whittaker isn't a huge name so putting that fight in Montreal instead of Vegas makes sense as well.

Post #18   11/8/17 6:41:38PM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:4,406-2,459
Chips:
I doubt GSP ever faces Whittaker, or fights at Middleweight again.

I think GSP's next fight will either be Woodley at 170 or vs Conor in a megafight providing 217 did well in PPV sales.

The new ownership seems to be focusing on superfights and that would probably be the best selling PPV headliner the sport could produce right now.

Post #19   11/8/17 9:36:19PM   

JLS

Cigano

JLS Avatar

Career:5,223-2,806
Camp: The Misfits
Chips:
Oh how cool would that be Have the LW Champ fight the MW Champ. They could do a Ferguson vs Whitaker Super Interim fight too. Maybe even throw a 3rd LW Title up for stakes with Alvarez/Gaethje. That way they'll have all sorts of Super Interim fights and belts just flying all over the place. Now that would be so awesome.

Post #20   11/8/17 10:03:26PM   

BillsNewAccount

FKA 2.0

BillsNewAccount Avatar

Career:3,898-2,304
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by JLS

Posted by BillsNewAccount

Posted by JLS

Posted by BillsNewAccount

Posted by JLS

Posted by jbmoviefan

Guarantee this fight never happens. GSP won't fight anyone under 30 in his career again, you can take that shit the bank. He'll either have an "injury", or he'll simply say he only wants superfights. Why on earth would he fight Whittaker?

I think you're gonna end up eating those words jb. GSP isn't Conor or TJ or Woodley. He'll fight Whitaker. I'm not saying he'll win but he's also not known to duck people like Conor for ex.

Why do people mistake Conor making the most money of any mma fighter ever as a sign of weakness or proof he's 'afraid' or 'ducking' anyone? He fought the '45 champ, then the '55 champ, then one of the best boxers to ever live. Doesn't seem to me like he is afraid of anything.

Well he's never defended a Title for beginners. Ijs

And now for him to fight Ferguson he wants to own the UFC first. Yeah he's willing.lmfao

I'd strip the dude and cut him in the same day and let him go get beat up on boxing some more.

You'd cut the UFC biggest star bc he is asking for more money? Why do fans loathe fighters asking to be correctly compensated? If the UFC agrees to his terms is he still a pussy?

Never said he was a pussy. I've never liked him though, he's a good fighter and demands special treatment. Some of it he deserves but saying he won't fight again until he owns the UFC. C'mon, they let him go too far imo. They should've nipped that before he got carried away.

But I'm sure you and his fanboys are gonna be thrilled when he fights Nate again at a random weightclass without a Title at stake.

LOL

You guessed right. Nate v Conor is one of my all time favorite rivalries and I'd love for them to make it into a trilogy. I actually really enjoy fighters bouncing around in weight classes and super fights. There was a time when the prospect of Anderson vs GSP was the most exciting thing in mma and now it seems like all the super fights have a chance at happening. Things get boring when dominant champs wipe out divisions. Just look at Mighty Mouse, he'll fight almost anyone at this point. I'd rather have chaos in weight classes than a champ fighting down in competition bc he has already beat the top names in the weight class.

Post #21   11/9/17 10:42:28AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2