Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Dana White: Conor McGregor has been pulled from UFC 200 headliner vs. Nate Diaz

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Five-Alive

“Water is wet, fire burns"

Five-Alive Avatar

Career:1,373-838
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Here's the video of Dana reporting the news.

Ad: FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #16   4/20/16 12:39:00AM   

40ouncetpkid

MMA Sensei

40ouncetpkid Avatar

Career:357-238
Chips:
I don't think he'd try to strong arm the UFC especially after coming off a loss and they still were willingly to give him the rematch he wanted

I believe it's more to do with watching his friend die after his fight. But his lifestyle is too wild. He'll be back when his bank account tells him too

Post #17   4/20/16 12:50:33AM   

jay98107

MMA Sensei

jay98107 Avatar

Career:5,103-3,094
Camp: TKO
Chips:

Posted by shaneTpain

Connors trying to strong arm uncle Dana into a few more $$$$$ & looks like Dana ain't having it.

May be the case, but dude has a contract AND he just lost to the #5 LW. Literally the dumbest time to demand more money I could imagine.

Post #18   4/20/16 1:20:27AM   

Five-Alive

Five-Alive Avatar

Chips:
Here's the video with Luke Thomas and Ariel Helwani discussing the Conor McGregor topic.

Post #19   4/20/16 2:45:22AM   

Five-Alive

Five-Alive Avatar

Chips:
NVM, got fooled like a tool for trying to ass-u-me.

Last edited 4/20/16 8:59AM server time by five-alive
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #20   4/20/16 3:07:14AM   

finnish_line

Belt Contender

finnish_line Avatar

Career:517-331
Camp: Great Boxe
Chips:

Posted by FastKnockout

I just don't see Dana pulling him for that. Even without press conferences Conor would pull crazy numbers. Something else is up.

The press conference has been shown to be non-negotiable. You don't do it, you don't fight, no matter who you are. It's a perfectly reasonable hill to die on. If that's true I'm on Dana's side.

Post #21   4/20/16 9:22:12AM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:3,193-1,750
Chips:
Hard to trust anything that comes out of Dana or Conor's mouth.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #22   4/20/16 10:55:01AM   

DoTheMMAth

MMA Sensei

DoTheMMAth Avatar

Career:1,764-1,102
Chips:
If the basis to all this is Conor wanting more money, you have to give UFC some credit for not losing their cool like they would have one day done. Oldschool UFC would have gotten vindictive, but nowadays they're more cool-headed when someone gets under their skin - if they have any future potential to profit from said problem fighter they don't air the dirty laundry and let them make their own noose.

Post #23   4/20/16 12:26:14PM   

machodog76

MMA Sensei

machodog76 Avatar

Career:4,893-3,174
Camp: Team Global MMA
Chips:

Posted by 40ouncetpkid

I don't think he'd try to strong arm the UFC especially after coming off a loss and they still were willingly to give him the rematch he wanted

I believe it's more to do with watching his friend die after his fight. But his lifestyle is too wild. He'll be back when his bank account tells him too

It was the guy his friend fought who died, not his friend. I could see how it would shake you up either way but this is about money and ego, money mostly.

Post #24   4/20/16 1:15:28PM   

40ouncetpkid

MMA Sensei

40ouncetpkid Avatar

Career:357-238
Chips:

Posted by machodog76

Posted by 40ouncetpkid

It was the guy his friend fought who died, not his friend. I could see how it would shake you up either way but this is about money and ego, money mostly.

No its really about money at all. Dana actually just squashed that today. But ego definitely is a big part of the "retirement". He said it's because Connor wanted to push promotion back to May and the UFC wasn't having it. So it was Connors way of saying F U then. There's like 10 days left in April. This is ridiculous actually I don't think the UFC would of pulled him off if he didn't retire. Not just because he's gonna miss 1 or 2 things out of several

Post #25   4/20/16 4:44:56PM   

machodog76

MMA Sensei

machodog76 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by 40ouncetpkid

Posted by machodog76

Posted by 40ouncetpkid

No its really about money at all. Dana actually just squashed that today. But ego definitely is a big part of the "retirement". He said it's because Connor wanted to push promotion back to May and the UFC wasn't having it. So it was Connors way of saying F U then. There's like 10 days left in April. This is ridiculous actually I don't think the UFC would of pulled him off if he didn't retire. Not just because he's gonna miss 1 or 2 things out of several

I don't think either of us know for sure, I read the 10 million rumor and it rang true with me. I doubt Dana is going to give up any numbers if they are still in negotiations. Time will tell but my money is on, money.

Ad: FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #26   4/20/16 5:40:17PM   

Five-Alive

Five-Alive Avatar

Chips:

Posted by machodog76

Posted by 40ouncetpkid

Posted by machodog76

Posted by 40ouncetpkid

I don't think either of us know for sure, I read the 10 million rumor and it rang true with me. I doubt Dana is going to give up any numbers if they are still in negotiations. Time will tell but my money is on, money.

Here's the video of Dana White on 'The Herd', this was all the stuff he had to say about Conor that's been reported so far.

Post #27   4/21/16 1:28:39AM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:1,741-1,015
Chips:
News just in !!!

Conor McGregor is going to become a professional touch butt in the park playa

Post #28   4/21/16 1:33:41AM   

handyman293

In Full Mount

handyman293 Avatar

Career:1,033-742
Chips:
He posted this on Facebook 1 hour ago, so take it how you will.

I am just trying to do my job and fight here.
I am paid to fight. I am not yet paid to promote.
I have become lost in the game of promotion and forgot about the art of fighting.
There comes a time when you need to stop handing out flyers and get back to the damn shop.
50 world tours, 200 press conferences, 1 million interviews, 2 million photo shoots, and at the end of it all I'm left looking down the barrel of a lens, staring defeat in the face, thinking of nothing but my incorrect fight preparation. And the many distractions that led to this.
Nothing else was going through my mind.
It is time to go back and live the life that got me this life.
Sitting in a car on the way to some dump in Conneticut or somewhere, to speak to Tim and Suzie on the nobody gives a fuck morning show did not get me this life.
Talking to some lady that deep down doesn't give a fuck about what I'm doing, but just wants some sound bites so she can maybe get her little tight ass a nice raise, and I'm cool with that too, I've been giving you all raises. But I need to focus on me now.
I'm coming for my revenge here.
I flew an entire team to Portugal and to Iceland to make my adjustments in preparation and fix my errors I made with the weight and the cardio prep.
With the right adjustments and the right focus, I will finish what I started in that last fight.
I will not do this if I am back on the road handing out flyers again.
I will always play the game and play it better than anybody, but just for this one, where I am coming off a loss, I asked for some leeway where I can just train and focus. I did not shut down all media requests. I simply wanted a slight adjustment.
But it was denied.
There had been 10 million dollars allocated for the promotion of this event is what they told me.
So as a gesture of good will, I went and not only saved that 10 million dollars in promotion money, I then went and tripled it for them.
And all with one tweet.
Keep that 10 mill to promote the other bums that need it. My shows are good.
I must isolate myself now.
I am facing a taller, longer and heavier man. I need to prepare correctly this time.
I can not dance for you this time.
It is time for the other monkeys to dance. I've danced us all the way here.
Nate's little mush head looks good up on that stage these days. Stuff him in front of the camera for it.
He came in with no shit to do that last one. I'd already done press conferences, interviews and shot the ads before RDA pulled out.
Maybe I'll hit Cabo this time and skull some shots pre-fight with no obligation.
I'm doing what I need for me now.
It is time to be selfish with my training again. It is the only way.
I feel the $400million I have generated for the company in my last three events, all inside 8 months, is enough to get me this slight leeway.
I am still ready to go for UFC 200.
I will offer, like I already did, to fly to New York for the big press conference that was scheduled, and then I will go back into training. With no distractions.
If this is not enough or they feel I have not deserved to sit this promotion run out this one time, well then I don't know what to say.
For the record also -
For USADA and for the UFC and my contract stipulations -
I AM NOT RETIRED.

Post #29   4/21/16 12:08:27PM   

machodog76

MMA Sensei

machodog76 Avatar

Chips:
looks like I'm probably wrong about the money on this one; you win this round guys, but I'll be back.

Post #30   4/21/16 5:35:21PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2