Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Poirier on turning down Parke: 'You don't just fight everybody because they want to fight'

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

xdanish020

Fight Chemist

xdanish020 Avatar

Career:5,354-3,005
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by BillsNewAccount

Posted by jae_1833

I really didn't get upset...they are two totally different type of fighter (primarily a boxer and primarily a wrestler) and Poirer would need to train differently for each. It was only 1 week notice, and all of that would have been media and cutting weight.

Parke would have the same disadvantage. It's not like he has been training for Porier.

Off subject, you here Big Ben saying Duffy gets the Aldo-McGreggor winner? Is that shit real or is he just being coy bc Stipe pulled out and already has a new opponent?

Duffy isn't even in the same weight class.

Ad: Mixup - New by FanDuel. A casual daily fantasy sports game

Post #16   10/23/15 4:52:37PM   

xdanish020

Fight Chemist

xdanish020 Avatar

Career:5,354-3,005
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by airkerma

Posted by GDPofMPG

Posted by airkerma

Posted by GDPofMPG

Say a fighter is a bitch from your keyboard, then what the fuck does that make you?

He's done the job he agreed to. He shouldn't fight anyone he hasn't been training for if he doesn't want to. That is the idiotic move more times than not and for what? All this shows is that Dustin isn't an idiot, regardless of what little bitches be crying about it. That's right, you're bitches.

Take two and try again in the morning. Nobody called him a bitch, Shane said it was a bitch move. For some reason I doubt your feelings were the same when Jon Jones was faced with a middle weight fighter stepping in for an injured lhw title fight. And no, he didn't do the job he agreed to do. He did no job. And while it is not required for him to accept a fight against someone who also has not been training for him, it certainly helps the organization he fights for and the fans that paid money in part to see him fight.

And what does calling other people on internet forums bitches make you?

Answering a question with a question is a bitch move.

His job was to fight the man he agreed to and he held up his end of the deal until the deal was off. His job wasn't to fight whoever showed up the next day blowing their own horn, it was to fight a single individual. He has no obligation to make a stupid decision for you, Parke or anyone else, this is his job, not what ever you want it to be, not to fight mystery fighter X, Y or Z on fight night. I've already addressed Jones and 151 this week, discuss that comment where it was made.

This sport is fucking crazy when fans are so conditioned to shit on a fighter because his fucking opponent got hurt and a guy doesn't jump into what ever random fight the day before the card. Fucking crazy. But bitches don't make bitch moves right? It's blatant Idiocracy, like the movie. Only people who do dumb shit don't get ridiculed.

Oh man, answering a question with a question, totally a bitch move! You're better off deflecting than admitting that playing keyboard warrior and flipping out on other posters makes you no less of an internet tough guy than the people calling DP a bitch (nobody).

Yes, his job was to fight a particular fighter, he did not fight that fighter. In no way does that conclude he did his job. It means he is relieved of his prior agreement. There is a large difference between a deal being off and a deal being completed. I also stated he doesn't have an obligation to fight Parke, but it would be a mutual benefit between his relationship with his employer, his fan base, and himself.

Your final paragraph is more ranting for the sake of ranting, no point in addressing any of the inane banter.

Not to mention....what makes it a "stupid" move to fight Parke? As far as I'm concerned Parke is no killer. DP has a very good shot at winning that fight and beating a guy who was an international TUF winner. Despite Parke having a few losses lately, it doesn't seem like a stupid fight to me at all. Parke wrestles more than Duffy and he's a southpaw....I still think DP shoulda taken the fight, but I would guess since he wasn't training for a southpaw, was his main reason to not take it. Orthodox and southpaw striking is very different when it comes to training.

Post #17   10/23/15 4:57:44PM   

TerrorofsesameST

Standup Guy

TerrorofsesameST Avatar

Career:1,921-1,254
Chips:
Yeah guys like Ben Henderson and Donald Cerrone said the same thing...

Post #18   10/23/15 8:25:54PM   

VitoCapone

Standup Guy

VitoCapone Avatar

Career:3,452-2,261
Chips:
I think Dustin did Parke a big favor honestly.

Post #19   10/29/15 10:23:59PM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,254
Chips:
The irony here being Poirier made his name off Josh Grispi taking a short notice fight with him.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #20   10/30/15 2:34:46PM   

Playground_Samurai

Spock>Every Superhero Ever

Playground_Samurai Avatar

Career:2,582-1,393
Chips:
Sorry I know I'm late but I have to get in on this.

The biggest bitch move was Poirier displaying the level of disrespect that he did to Parke. Parke stepped up and was willing to take the fight against a much tougher fighter and a likely loss, and Dustin had the audacity to disrespect him by calling him an easy fight, a bum, a joke, and topped it off by saying he should feel lucky because he would have ended his career. Maybe I missed something, but I never heard one word of disrespect come out of Norman's mouth. Dude steps up to try to give the fans a bigger fight against much tougher odds, Dustin turns it down then basically calls Parke the Bitch. Unfuckingreal.

And don't get me wrong, I'm not mad at Poirier for turning down the fight. I understand there's reasons of business. Just extremely disappointed by the asshole classless move.

Post #21   11/2/15 10:49:54PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2