Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Cyborg still wants Rousey

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career:1,358-751
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Webbie
Has Rousey proven to be a big draw?

I know Rousey/Carmouche did like 500K buys, but I have to wonder how much of that had to do with Hendo/Machida being the original main event/co-main event.

Last night was a big event, but mainly due to Silva/Weidman 2, and for the people who tuned in for Rousey/Tate, that was a pretty big rivalry thanks to their first fight + TUF. It's unlikely Rousey will have another rival like that.

I don't expect 170 to sell very well, but we'll find out soon enough.

Its clear you don't like her but that doesn't change the fact that she is a big draw. There is a reason she was picked to star in 2 movies. Love or hate her people want to see her fight. Maybe they want her to loss or win or see if she gets another armbar but either way they want to watch. Also the UFC didn't start a womens division in Rousey weight class and make her champ just for the hell of it. They are in the biz of making money so if she wasn't a big draw they wouldn't have even thought about it.

The only other female to come close to her in drawing power was Gina Carano and after she lost to Cyborg women's MMA wasn't getting near the press it was before. That was till Rousey came in the picture and fought for the title and won the same way she has won all her fights.

So I think your just blinded by hate and not wanting to see the big picture and part of that picture is Rousey is far better as champ for women's MMA than Cyborg ever was or ever will be.

Post #16   12/29/13 7:53:41PM   

thevoodooninja

MMA Sensei

thevoodooninja Avatar

Career:972-649
Camp: the thuggee's
Chips:
i see ronda getting smashed into smithereens if she ever gets in the cage with cyborg, especially after seeing the look on ronda's face after tate hit her a couple times.

Last edited 12/29/13 8:10PM server time by voodoo-jitsu
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #17   12/29/13 8:10:18PM   

Michael_Corleone

Belt Contender

Michael_Corleone Avatar

Career:1,025-548
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
It isn't like Ronda is too hard to find. Make the weight and earn your fucking spot. End of story.

I also will take Ronda in an Av bet for this fight.

Post #18   12/29/13 8:50:43PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,459-835
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
No doubt Ronda is a big draw. It may not last but she def is. Cant tell you how many average joes showed up this weekend & couldnt stop talking about her.
Also, I think she brings a lot more women viewers, something that has proved in the past to be quite difficult

Last edited 12/30/13 9:10AM server time by Poor_Franklin

UFC 151: Never Forget

Post #19   12/30/13 9:09:41AM   

sparky

AV BET Record: 40-9

sparky Avatar

Career:2,726-1,499
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:
Webb just for the record I ordered the event with Rousey vs Carmouche and it had absolutely nothing to do with Henderson vs Machida ahahahha

Post #20   12/30/13 10:07:36AM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:

Posted by Michael_Corleone

It isn't like Ronda is too hard to find. Make the weight and earn your fucking spot. End of story.

I also will take Ronda in an Av bet for this fight.

Thank you. Ronda isn't backing down. If Cyborg reduced her size a smidge, and made weight comfortably, I don't think she'd be as dominant as people think. Cyborg complains about not being able to cut to 135, because she doesn't want to lose were size advantage. If she cut her muscle mass, she could make weight easily.

Last edited 12/30/13 12:43PM server time by warglory
2 total post edits

Post #21   12/30/13 12:41:51PM   

Webbie

MMA Sensei

Webbie Avatar

Career:155-103
Chips:

Posted by telnights

Its clear you don't like her but that doesn't change the fact that she is a big draw. There is a reason she was picked to star in 2 movies. Love or hate her people want to see her fight. Maybe they want her to loss or win or see if she gets another armbar but either way they want to watch. Also the UFC didn't start a womens division in Rousey weight class and make her champ just for the hell of it. They are in the biz of making money so if she wasn't a big draw they wouldn't have even thought about it.

The only other female to come close to her in drawing power was Gina Carano and after she lost to Cyborg women's MMA wasn't getting near the press it was before. That was till Rousey came in the picture and fought for the title and won the same way she has won all her fights.

So I think your just blinded by hate and not wanting to see the big picture and part of that picture is Rousey is far better as champ for women's MMA than Cyborg ever was or ever will be.

I asked: Has Rousey proven to be a big draw?

That was a serious question. I was genuinely curious, because I don't follow numbers or ratings, and I don't even know how good of a number 500K is in terms of PPV buys. I don't pay attention to that stuff.

There's no secret I don't like her. Most people don't.

Posted by sparky

Webb just for the record I ordered the event with Rousey vs Carmouche and it had absolutely nothing to do with Henderson vs Machida ahahahha

Of course, but you're one of the few people that actually likes her, lol.

Last edited 12/30/13 1:12PM server time by Webbie

Post #22   12/30/13 1:11:27PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,547-1,624
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Over Hendo / Machida?! WTF?!?!

Post #23   12/30/13 2:09:07PM   

roofer1967

MMA Regular

roofer1967 Avatar

Career:868-538
Camp: Frontline
Chips:
I can remember back when Gina was the face of women's mma. I was on the espn boards and the talk started about Gina and Cyborg fighting. Everyone was saying how Carano's would beat her. I made a post saying how I didn't want to see her fight Cyborg and that Cyborg would smash her. Everyone told me how crazy I was then came the fight. Only a few came back for their humble pie.

Now if this fight ever happens I don't think Ronda fairs any better. If she could get her down there is a chance but I think Cyborg would be strong enough to get right back to her feet. I'm not taking anything from RR I love her but after watching her take Tate down over and over and Tate getting back to her feet that's not good for RR and Tate also backed her up with the stand up a couple times landing clean shots. If this fight ever does happen it has to be at 135 and even there I would pick SHEMAN by 1st round KO.

PS And if Cyborg is still on the juice and wants a title maybe she should ask for a shot at Aldo that way she won't have to cut to much lol.

Post #24   1/12/14 8:27:44AM   

Vikingr

MMA Regular

Vikingr Avatar

Career:1-
Chips:
Didn't she had enough of her arms broken alrady?

Post #25   1/13/14 9:57:48AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2