Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Any boxing fans on this here website/Boxing discussion

Print  
Are you a boxing fan?
Yes, a diehard fan. 2 10%
Yes, I watch the big fights. 11 55%
Yes, if Mayweather or Pacquiao is fighting 4 20%
Hell no. 3 15%
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

jay98107

MMA Sensei

jay98107 Avatar

Career:2,715-1,505
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by ThaAxeMurderer7

This pretty much sums up why Golovkin is one of my favorite fighters right now. This guy is all badass.

That guy is so violent, best KO percentage in middleweight history which has a crazy history.

Last edited 5/1/13 3:25PM server time by jay98107
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #16   5/1/13 3:25:22PM   

Michael_Corleone

Belt Contender

Michael_Corleone Avatar

Career:962-517
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
If boxing is on and I have nothing else going on, then I will sit down and watch it. But the only fighter that I go out of my way to watch is Floyd Money Mayweather.

Post #17   5/6/13 12:09:22PM   

Ordep

Go Braves!

Ordep Avatar

Career:1,039-621
Camp: Beat Down System
Chips:

I grew up in Puerto Rico during the Trinidad/Camacho era and that was a lot of fun. I keep following the sport pretty actively but not as close as I did back in the day. I think the "big names" are the reason why a lot of people (mostly MMA ""fans"") think that the "sport is dying". I guess people expected that Jones Jr., Hopkins, Lewis, etc. would keep fighting and being good all their lives or something. People get old, it's going to happen in every sport. What's up with CroCop, Liddell, Fedor,Hughes and all those guys that dominated years ago? Is MMA dying because of they are not the big names anymore? There are a bunch of good boxing prospects coming up so the next decade should be fun again, people should just get used to hear new names and do some research before speaking nonsense.

Post #18   5/6/13 2:07:23PM   

ThaAxeMurderer7

MMA Sensei

ThaAxeMurderer7 Avatar

Career:1,277-814
Chips:

Posted by Ordep

I grew up in Puerto Rico during the Trinidad/Camacho era and that was a lot of fun. I keep following the sport pretty actively but not as close as I did back in the day. I think the "big names" are the reason why a lot of people (mostly MMA ""fans"") think that the "sport is dying". I guess people expected that Jones Jr., Hopkins, Lewis, etc. would keep fighting and being good all their lives or something. People get old, it's going to happen in every sport. What's up with CroCop, Liddell, Fedor,Hughes and all those guys that dominated years ago? Is MMA dying because of they are not the big names anymore? There are a bunch of good boxing prospects coming up so the next decade should be fun again, people should just get used to hear new names and do some research before speaking nonsense.

This pretty much wraps up everything I've ever wanted to say about the state of boxing and the mindset of most ignorant MMA fans regarding the sport. All in one nice and neat paragraph too.

Post #19   5/6/13 11:50:37PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,291-1,224
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Martinez fan here

Post #20   5/7/13 8:32:37AM   

tattflash

In Full Mount

tattflash Avatar

Career:2,395-1,726
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I was a huge boxing fan in the 80s and 90s, with the likes of Hagler, Hearns, Leonard, Duran, Minter, Benn, Eubanks, Gerald Mclellan, and of course Mike Tyson, but today's standard is dross in comparison to those glory days. In fact I often find myself wondering why the hell, when a boxer has been knocked down, his opponent is not willing to do some GnP to finish the fight off

Post #21   5/7/13 11:55:12AM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:
I watch it, but have a hard time being a "fan" because I honestly hate almost every boxer on the planet. Poverty to mega wealth is always a recipe for disaster in terms of molding people and I find myself seldom caring about any fighters.

The fighters that do draw me are ones with a unique style that I enjoy watching.

Golovkin is amazing.
Salido is fun.
Glen Johnson is an all-time favorite.
Martinez a few years ago with great to watch.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #22   5/7/13 12:56:38PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2