Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

$5 can buy Twizzlers, not Ronda Rousey's privates

Print  
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:2,024-1,196
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Meh, if she does ill buy it but if not no real loss. There are more than enough hot chicks that will get naked that DON'T have a complex

Post #16   2/19/13 12:04:44PM   

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by papercut

Posted by grappler0000

WTF am I reading? I don't get this "just give it time" mentality. We're not talking about Brittney Spears or Kim Kardashian. Am I missing something?

we're talking about ronda rousey. she's not the classiest broad in the world so I find it hard to believe that she would turn down a large sum of money to be in playboy. I would believe her turning down hustler or one of the more "hardcore" skin mags but playboy usually keeps it as classy as you can for it being the type of magazine it is.

That logic makes my brain hurt. Not everyone thinks in those terms, regardless of what our televisions tell us everyday.

It's nice to see not every famous women is willing to strip down for money. Love or hate Rousey this is a classy stance on the subject and one I hope more celebrities take.
Leave naked pictures for the attention seeking whores like Kardashian, Ke$ha and those other morons who'd sell their mother for fame.

Props for Rousey

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #17   2/19/13 12:06:48PM   

papercut

Hulk Status

papercut Avatar

Career:1,290-1,016
Chips:

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by papercut

Posted by grappler0000

WTF am I reading? I don't get this "just give it time" mentality. We're not talking about Brittney Spears or Kim Kardashian. Am I missing something?

we're talking about ronda rousey. she's not the classiest broad in the world so I find it hard to believe that she would turn down a large sum of money to be in playboy. I would believe her turning down hustler or one of the more "hardcore" skin mags but playboy usually keeps it as classy as you can for it being the type of magazine it is.

That logic makes my brain hurt. Not everyone thinks in those terms, regardless of what our televisions tell us everyday.

is it because its logic? and just because you don't think in these terms doesn't mean no one can. especially since the bigger her name gets the more money playboy will offer her. money talks and if she's a human it talks to her.

Post #18   2/19/13 12:25:31PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,790-1,542
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by papercut

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by papercut

Posted by grappler0000

is it because its logic? and just because you don't think in these terms doesn't mean no one can. especially since the bigger her name gets the more money playboy will offer her. money talks and if she's a human it talks to her.

So, by the same logic, _______ (enter your mom/sister/wife/gf's name) would pose in Playboy for enough money. I don't know what humans you surround yourself with, but this is not the case for everyone. Obviously someone "can" think that way, but it doesn't mean that they do.

Post #19   2/19/13 12:31:51PM   

papercut

Hulk Status

papercut Avatar

Chips:

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by papercut

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by papercut

Posted by grappler0000

So, by the same logic, _______ (enter your mom/sister/wife/gf's name) would pose in Playboy for enough money. I don't know what humans you surround yourself with, but this is not the case for everyone. Obviously someone "can" think that way, but it doesn't mean that they do.

if I'm understanding you correctly, you think that Ronda Rousey is above posing for playboy but when Arianny Celeste posed that it was "acceptable" because she's a ring girl and not an athlete? why are you holding Rousey on such a high pedestal?

Post #20   2/19/13 12:48:57PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by papercut

if I'm understanding you correctly, you think that Ronda Rousey is above posing for playboy but when Arianny Celeste posed that it was "acceptable" because she's a ring girl and not an athlete? why are you holding Rousey on such a high pedestal?

There is no pedestal. That's just not how everyone thinks. There are plenty of other females I would say the same about. Now, are you prepared to admit that every female in your life would strip for the camera, given the proper payoff? If you can't admit that, then your logic is flawed.

Post #21   2/19/13 12:59:52PM   

thevoodooninja

MMA Sensei

thevoodooninja Avatar

Career:1,038-677
Camp: Playground Mafia
Chips:
The one's I know would and for the right money I would do a little tucking and pose for playboy

Post #22   2/19/13 1:11:19PM   

papercut

Hulk Status

papercut Avatar

Chips:

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by papercut

There is no pedestal. That's just not how everyone thinks. There are plenty of other females I would say the same about. Now, are you prepared to admit that every female in your life would strip for the camera, given the proper payoff? If you can't admit that, then your logic is flawed.

my logic isn't flawed, you've just been trying to get me to admit that something I've stated so far wouldn't apply to every woman. We aren't talking about every woman. you've also been trying to make it personal by including women I know. the women in my life aren't part of this discussion, Rousey is. We only know Rousey as a public figure and my stance on this is based on what she has said in press conferences and interviews and thats she's already been nude on camera for the ESPN body issue. Rousey is famous people want to stay famous for as long as possible. so maybe it will be longer than a year before she is willing to accept the amount they are offering, maybe it will take a career ending injury or a string of several losses but if she starts to fade out of the spotlight (again based on what we know from her public statements) that she will want to cling to whatever she can to stay relevant. how many times has she been called the female chael sonnen?

you've also conveniently ignored my comment about how it was acceptable for Arianny to do playboy but somehow by your logic Ronda is too good for it. yet. they are both women, employed by the UFC and in the public spotlight.

Last edited 2/19/13 1:30PM server time by papercut
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #23   2/19/13 1:29:13PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Chips:
First of all, this isn't about being acceptable. I'm not sure where that even came from TBH. This is about gauging one's moral compass. If someone chooses to pose in Playboy, I could care less. We're talking about whether she would...and why it's so easy for you to assume that she would.

Now, explain how

money talks and if she's a human it talks to her.

doesn't apply to your loved ones. I'm not trying to make this personal. I'm really not. But, if your statement is true, then it should also apply to your loved ones, not just people in the spotlight.

Post #24   2/19/13 1:41:52PM   

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,159-691
Chips:
I like boobs
and
I like privates, especially females

Last edited 2/19/13 1:46PM server time by jjeans
2 total post edits

Thiago Silva nuthugger.

Admin of MMA Memes of Facebook. A Roundtable Analyst on The MMA Podcast. Journalist for MMA Mental.

Dirty Blue #DoItForWatson

Post #25   2/19/13 1:45:13PM   

machodog76

MMA Sensei

machodog76 Avatar

Career:2,649-1,639
Camp: country KO
Chips:
easy to say this, "I don't care, she's not attractive, I wouldn't give her a penny, etc." kind of stuff about chicks that are out of your league. Most of you guys would be to chicken to even say hi face to face.

Last edited 2/19/13 2:00PM server time by machodog76

Post #26   2/19/13 1:53:47PM   

papercut

Hulk Status

papercut Avatar

Chips:

Posted by grappler0000

First of all, this isn't about being acceptable. I'm not sure where that even came from TBH. This is about gauging one's moral compass. If someone chooses to pose in Playboy, I could care less. We're talking about whether she would...and why it's so easy for you to assume that she would.

Now, explain how

money talks and if she's a human it talks to her.

doesn't apply to your loved ones. I'm not trying to make this personal. I'm really not. But, if your statement is true, then it should also apply to your loved ones, not just people in the spotlight.

If the number was right there's no reason to believe that they wouldn't take it. I'm not saying it would be the number that playboy pays for their models. I'm sure it would be a huge difference between the 2 sides. I don't see how being naked for playboy would be bad for anyone. its nowhere near as graphic as some of the other magazines on the market.

and as for why I think she would, I explained that in my last post.

I can't make you see my side of this argument but I've tried my best to explain myself thoroughly.

Post #27   2/19/13 1:55:41PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Chips:

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Post #28   2/19/13 2:11:27PM   

Poor_Franklin

Slight Reach Advantage

Poor_Franklin Avatar

Career:1,513-866
Chips:

Posted by prophecy033

Meh, if she does ill Google it \

Fixed

Post #29   2/19/13 5:50:43PM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:2,269-1,274
Chips:

Posted by grappler0000

Personally I think (almost) everyone has a price, some peoples prices are far higher than others and there are likely some out there who are exceptions to the rule but I think an overwhelmingly high percentage of people would do it for the right price.

Ronda's inadvertently shown her hand there as well, seems her problem is that everyone would get to see those pictures for $5, implying that if they were paying more she'd be willing to consider it.

Last edited 2/19/13 9:54PM server time by FlashyG
Edit note/reason: I should proof read better.

Post #30   2/19/13 6:07:53PM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3