Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Jeremy Stephens' camp releases statement on arrest

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career:1,313-732
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by bojangalz
You'll get no argument from me that the timing of the arrest is questionable. That in all likelihood falls on the Polk County Sheriff's Office. Odds are the Minneapolis PD and Hennipen Co S.O. had no clue there was an active warrant on Stephens. So they were probably notified that Friday morning and went to make the arrest at that time. I'm not going to make assumptions as to why the notification was held off until such a late time; though I will say that it does give the outward appearance of intentionally delaying Stephens' ability to fight.

As to weather or not the person who was assaulted was friendly or related to someone in the law enforcement community- Sure it's possible. But I'm not going to take that leap. It's equally as likely (especially in an election year) that this could have been done as a press grab for someone seeking voter approval. I'm not going to make that leap either... Just simply pointing out that there are any multitude of reasons why the arrest was delayed to the point where Stephens was unable to appear on the charge in time to return for his fight.

With regards to false accusations and looking for a payday. I'll just say that it's not too often that we hear of a enough witnesses and/or physical evidence to bring felony charges against "special guest" at a party. One would imagine that if Stephens was in fact there as person of public interest that more than enough people would have come to see him... Not accuse him of committing a felony assault. The quick paydays generally come from confrontations with limited witnesses where it is the word of the accuser against the word of the accused only.

I'm not saying one way or another how I feel about the accusations against Stephens. I'm simply saying that in my experience, it's difficult to get an attorney to pursue charges of a felony level with little chance of winning the case. Especially when the individual is obviously capable of hiring a private attorney (rather than a public defender).

I agree with you 100% just wanted to give a different look at the possibilities for some people. Some are fast to judgement when it comes to these things and don't wait till all the facts come out. I know your not that way as we are both trained not to be. Just like the issue of someone looking for press due to elections is also possibility that I didn't even think of that you did, I should have because I know how much the elected officials like to grand stand around election time.

Post #16   10/9/12 3:31:23PM   

Adrenaline

MMA Sensei

Adrenaline Avatar

Career:-
Chips:
Here is the mugshot if that's your thing.

Post #17   10/10/12 5:55:49AM   

941_Florida_Boy

MMA Regular

941_Florida_Boy Avatar

Career:1,460-1,015
Camp: the thuggee's
Chips:
Stephens is an exciting fighter & I wish him the best

Conspiracy? I think not unfortunately...

We're all human & make mistakes, i just hope he takes this as a learning experience & moves on...

Post #18   10/10/12 7:53:38AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2