Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

I hate my "smart phone"

Print  
How do you feel about smart phones?
Awesome! I don't need a brain anymore!! 4 14%
I love the government being able to monitor my thoughts, words and movement! 4 14%
Eh, they are good for emergencies. 1 4%
I am neutral like the Swiss 5 18%
My wife left me for someone she met on "Words with Friends" 2 7%
Don King 12 43%
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:
I have a phone that is capable of data plans but I only use it for talk and text. $25/month with Bell

It would be higher but I'm part of some family deal that also has Bell internet and satellite and homephone so there is some bundle discount or savings or whatnot. Prob be $40/month or so on my own

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #16   7/31/12 11:23:16PM   

papercut

Hulk Status

papercut Avatar

Career:1,290-1,016
Camp: The Original Gangsters
Chips:
I've got a love/hate relationship with my smart phone. I've had the samsung mesmerize since feb 2011 and love all the different things it can do with the apps, facebook twitter mmajunkie etc. but with the amount of times it freezes throughout the day coupled with the lock key doubling as a screencap button it can easily piss me off. should've never jumped off the blackberry bandwagon.

Post #17   7/31/12 11:27:36PM   

MMA Regular

187 Avatar

Career:381-261
Chips:
I was gonna make a comment about being able stream HD pr0n while i wait in line at the supermarket but then i remembered a post from some reddit guy that more than sums up how i feel about the subject.

Post #18   7/31/12 11:37:27PM   

Michael_Corleone

Belt Contender

Michael_Corleone Avatar

Career:962-517
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I have the most expensive smart phone with the most expensive plan my carrier has. I didn't care for it at first but after awhile I gotta admit this shit is pretty useful. Touch-screen can still suck my dick!

Post #19   7/31/12 11:46:33PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,804-1,005
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
$9.99 Metro Pcs gets me unlimited texting, and i can recieve phone calls. I routinely text someone to say "Call me."

Post #20   8/1/12 3:50:28AM   

Adrenaline

MMA Sensei

Adrenaline Avatar

Career:-
Chips:
I miss the good old days when you could charge your phone once and it would last half a week. Fuck me do I get tired of plugging in my "smart phone" every three hours. And lets not even talk about what happens when you drop one of these expensive bastards. I recently dropped mine because I left it on my lap and got out of my car. Mind you it fell a whole 3 feet and when I picked it up, the screen was 6 different colors and that little asshole android logo stared back at me with a look that could be summed up as "fuck you buddy". I used to have phones that were held together by duct tape and prayers that had been washed in the washing machine, thrown in drunken rages, dropped from ladders etc. that just kept going and going. Not these days. I swear smart phones are programmed with a self destruct feature that is activated when you treat it with anything less than tender loving care.

Post #21   8/1/12 5:03:24AM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,200-1,190
Chips:

I got a 20% discount on my phone bill when I worked at home depot. Changed jobs and I still am getting the discount

Same here

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #22   8/1/12 7:40:57AM   

airkerma

KE Released in MAtter

airkerma Avatar

Career:983-570
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I like them for dealing with emails, but mostly just playing dopey little games. I don't need to be connected to the webs all the time, but if I'm standing in line behind old people at a bank, I had damn well better have video games on hand...or at the bar when nothing is happening...or during a tv movie that is slow...or at the grocery store when I'm deciding on steak...or at the airport...or when I'm driving and don't want to look at the road...I love video games

Post #23   8/1/12 9:45:16AM   

Theoutlaw08

MMA Sensei

Theoutlaw08 Avatar

Career:771-549
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:
I have mixed emotions about the smart phone. I like it because its easy to use, and there are a lot of different options with it (as well as looking at the internet while taking a shit at work). But at times because of all the shit on it, it can be super slow. And it is clunky in my front pocket.

Post #24   8/1/12 10:30:54AM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:

Posted by kopower

I wish I could get by with a regular cell phone. I have a HTC Rezound with Verizon. For my phone, and wife's regular cell phone, we pay around $135 a month. It's ridiculous, but I need me some playground at all times of the day. Now my wife wants a smart phone, so our bill is gonna go up another $30.

It's crazy to think, but our phone bill, combined with internet and cable, runs about $300 a month

Mine is $440. Living in the boonies isn't all it's cracked up to be.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #25   8/1/12 1:18:04PM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Chips:
I like my smart phone, but due to having thumbs the size and shape of tennis rackets, I can't operate a touch screen phone. So, it's Blackberry Bold or nothing.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts

Post #26   8/1/12 1:20:36PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,200-1,190
Chips:

Posted by Svartorm

I like my smart phone, but due to having thumbs the size and shape of tennis rackets, I can't operate a touch screen phone. So, it's Blackberry Bold or nothing.

Just curious. What Bold do you have? My wife wants to get a blackberry for the physical keyboard. She doesn't like touchscreen phones. I had an old Curve with the trackball back in the day, and really liked it.

We are looking at the Bold 9930 which does have a touchscreen and physical keyboard or Curve 9370.

Last edited 8/1/12 1:40PM server time by kopower
Edit note/reason: na

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #27   8/1/12 1:37:40PM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Chips:
I have the older bold without a touch screen. The new Bold is much larger with a touch screen, so she might want to grab a curve. I can't use a curve either because of the afforementioned gorilla hands.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts

Post #28   8/1/12 2:28:59PM   

scoozna

Liver shot!

scoozna Avatar

Career:2,185-1,229
Chips:
I have a BB Curve with the trackpad thingy. It's 3G so I'm not about to use the web. I have girlie fingers, so I don't have Svar's problem.

It's pretty much a dinosaur at this point, and I get picked on for having it. Poor me.

But my company pays for it, so there. It's good for email, Twitter, Texas Hold'em and Blackjack.

But like that pic above says - it blows my mind that i have a computer, a phone, GPS, maps, and calendar, and dozens of pictures on me at all times.

Post #29   8/1/12 2:38:23PM   

pmoney

P$ Pimpin'

pmoney Avatar

Career:1,404-862
Chips:

Posted by Svartorm

I have the older bold without a touch screen. The new Bold is much larger with a touch screen, so she might want to grab a curve. I can't use a curve either because of the afforementioned gorilla hands.

I have the same problem with these damn touch screens. I feel like Homer in the episode where he gets fat to go on disability.

"The fingers you have used to dial are too fat. To obtain a special dialing wand, please mash the keypad... now"

Post #30   8/1/12 3:20:49PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2