Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Best underground rapper

Print  
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

prophecy033

REBEL WITH A CAUSE

prophecy033 Avatar

Career:1,911-1,142
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Sage Francis

sorry but i will have to disagree with you there. i saw him once opening for Rise Against a few years ago and he sucked. he couldnt engage at all with the crowd and some the lyrics i was able to hear (couldnt understand what he was saying half the time) was pretty crappy. im not really into rap but i can respect some of the artists...Sage Francis imo, based on one live show, is crap. had he done a better job i may have been inclined to listen to some of his songs

I'm not a Sage Francis fan either, dude annoys the piss outta me

Last edited 1/24/12 9:08PM server time by prophecy033
Edit note/reason: n/a

#2 UFC 112 Points
#9 FFC3/AFC/NEFFN/VCS/Pancrase Combo Wagers
#12 TUF 8 FINALE Points #12 Bellator 91 / Legacy FC / CCCW Combo Points #12 M-1/FA8/CFA/GC/IGF Wagers #14 UFC 143 Diaz vs Condit Points

Post #16   1/24/12 8:19:14PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,200-1,190
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by hotrodttt

I'd say immortal technique, dance with the devil always gets me. What do you guys think?

When I first heard this song, my mind was blown. Love his delivery. I think he has fallen off a bit though.

A few I have been listening to for years that have finally blown up now
Yelawolf
Chris Webby
Slaughterhouse-Big fan of Crooked I , Royce, and Joell Ortiz
Ya Boy
Tech N9ne
CunninLynguists
Esoteric
Brother Ali
Atmosphere

Last edited 1/24/12 8:29PM server time by kopower
Edit note/reason: na

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #17   1/24/12 8:28:51PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,200-1,190
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

BIG FROST

last year i was walking to the mall from my house to grab subway when some guy asked me if i liked rap. im like "yeah some stuff is alright." he then tells me to check out his boy "Big Frost" from the T-dot (Toronto). so i did and here it is. with you guys being the rap fans, whats your take on this guy? personally i dont like it and the group in the video looks like C-level acting gangstas. my roommate (whos a rap fan) liked it.

Ugh. Shut it off about a minute in. Stereotypical. Rap is all I listen too and I couldn't stand the video and lyrics.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #18   1/24/12 8:35:33PM   

hotrodttt

Ridin the MMA WW since 02 !

hotrodttt Avatar

Career:2,535-1,352
Chips:
Does anybody like MGK?

Post #19   1/24/12 8:45:17PM   

Styles

Standup Guy

Styles Avatar

Career:373-223
Chips:

Posted by hotrodttt

Does anybody like MGK?

LMAO, I am listening to the "Hell Yeah" remix as I read this... damn you MGK, that's a new way to market yourself. I do like MGK, I like some of Yela, but I find hard to listen to Yela at times.

Soul Khan? Fast Forward to 1:40 for things to start.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O54dRgTqv04

Last edited 1/24/12 9:58PM server time by styles
2 total post edits

Post #20   1/24/12 9:55:19PM   

DeadHead988

MMA Sensei

DeadHead988 Avatar

Career:367-289
Camp: Midwest Training Center
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Sage Francis

sorry but i will have to disagree with you there. i saw him once opening for Rise Against a few years ago and he sucked. he couldnt engage at all with the crowd and some the lyrics i was able to hear (couldnt understand what he was saying half the time) was pretty crappy. im not really into rap but i can respect some of the artists...Sage Francis imo, based on one live show, is crap. had he done a better job i may have been inclined to listen to some of his songs

Rise Against? I must question your taste.

Post #21   1/24/12 11:34:19PM   

Basshandsome

Standup Guy

Basshandsome Avatar

Career:2,415-1,320
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:

All I listen to is underground rap...

1.Immortal Technique
2.Canibus
3. Chino XL

Others:

Jedi Mind Tricks
Atmosphere
Murs
Necro
Ill Bill and La coka Nostra
Jean Grae
Brother Ali
Blu & Exile
Army of the Pharaohs
Evidence
Celph titled
Reef
Apathy
RA
Little Brother
Prof
Masta Ace
Cage

Post #22   1/25/12 12:29:44AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by DeadHead988

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Sage Francis

Rise Against? I must question your taste.

haha there is no need. although their latest album is a bit of a let down imo, they have been fairly solid over the last few years. mind you my gf at the time bought us tickets for my birthday so its not like it was my money

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #23   1/25/12 12:46:09AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:

Posted by kopower

Posted by Bubbles

BIG FROST

last year i was walking to the mall from my house to grab subway when some guy asked me if i liked rap. im like "yeah some stuff is alright." he then tells me to check out his boy "Big Frost" from the T-dot (Toronto). so i did and here it is. with you guys being the rap fans, whats your take on this guy? personally i dont like it and the group in the video looks like C-level acting gangstas. my roommate (whos a rap fan) liked it.

Ugh. Shut it off about a minute in. Stereotypical. Rap is all I listen too and I couldn't stand the video and lyrics.

lol at least you're not alone

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #24   1/25/12 12:47:48AM   

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Chips:

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Sage Francis

I'm not a Sage Francis fan either, dude annoys the piss outta me

there was one song that was kinda patriotic that wasnt bad, but then he followed that with 2 songs about his dick...or at least referenced it more than a couple times

Post #25   1/25/12 12:49:15AM   

hashyandy4

Super MW King S.O.G.

hashyandy4 Avatar

Career:604-324
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I dont think Tyler the Creator is underground at all anymore, but he is the shit.

Last edited 1/25/12 12:52AM server time by hashyandy4

Post #26   1/25/12 12:51:46AM   

hotrodttt

Ridin the MMA WW since 02 !

hotrodttt Avatar

Career:2,535-1,352
Chips:

Posted by Styles

Posted by hotrodttt

Does anybody like MGK?

LMAO, I am listening to the "Hell Yeah" remix as I read this... damn you MGK, that's a new way to market yourself. I do like MGK, I like some of Yela, but I find hard to listen to Yela at times.

Have you heard wild boy yet? I love that song

Post #27   1/25/12 1:10:48AM   

papercut

Hulk Status

papercut Avatar

Career:1,290-1,016
Camp: The Original Gangsters
Chips:
no love for fifty tyson?

can you handle it?

Last edited 1/25/12 2:46AM server time by papercut

Post #28   1/25/12 2:45:40AM   

Drudinh

MMA Sensei

Drudinh Avatar

Career:1,583-1,045
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:
I think the best is Saigon.
My fav has to be JayQuest...

Post #29   1/25/12 7:00:08AM   

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,406-898
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:

Posted by hotrodttt

Posted by Styles

Posted by hotrodttt

Does anybody like MGK?

Have you heard wild boy yet? I love that song

Good God, I hope this is a joke.

Gotta with with Apathy and Celph Titled. Easily the two most clever lyricists out there.

Post #30   1/25/12 8:36:46AM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3