Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Dana White Responds to ESPN

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Adrenaline

MMA Sensei

Adrenaline Avatar

Career:-
Chips:

Posted by Kpro

I linked, on ESPN underneath the video, to the 47 minute unedited version posted here on the PG. Get some ESPN traffic our way

I noticed the link to MMAPG before I read the thread and didn't realize it was you. Well done Kpro

And on a side note, ESPN is getting a lot of hate in the comment section of their own article....love it.

Post #16   1/16/12 8:30:18PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,803-1,547
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Anyone else think Chuck looks funny when his mohawk needs a trim?

Post #17   1/16/12 9:12:01PM   

Adrenaline

MMA Sensei

Adrenaline Avatar

Career:-
Chips:

Posted by grappler0000

Anyone else think Chuck looks funny when his mohawk needs a trim?

It does look pretty funny in a goofy/badass way. I'm not gonna be the guy to tell him though

Post #18   1/16/12 10:47:11PM   

ChokeUout

In Full Mount

ChokeUout Avatar

Career:446-268
Chips:
I think it's funny that the two people that ESPN interviewed were Monte Cox and Ken Shamrock, two people who have well known problems with the UFC. Monte Cox doesn't exactly have the best reputation with promoters (not just the UFC), and Ken Shamrock made millions with the UFC through PPV's, TUF, and the exposure he got with the UFC was insane. Quite frankly, he sounds like a whiney little kid in this interview.

In the UFC version of the interview, I LOVE how they quote Ken talking to Tito, saying "We made a lot of money together"...lol

Anyways, the OTL report was pretty much what I thought it'd be, and was similar to the one they did with Dana awhile ago. It's not until you see the full 47 minute interview with Lorenzo that you realize what a hack job that ESPN did with this. They had no intention of doing an objective interview. They had their mind made up on what the message was going to be before they did this interview.

And John Barr had the balls to ask why they wanted to tape ESPN interviewing them? Really? I guess he knows now. It's one thing for OTL to do this to the NFL, MLB or the NBA. They are firmly planted in American culture, so a piece like this on them won't hurt them. But for the UFC, a piece like this would be much more damaging.

And it's for this reason I'm Glad Lorenzo did the interview rather than Dana. For obvious reasons.

Post #19   1/17/12 12:27:48AM   

roadking95th

In Cael We Trust!

roadking95th Avatar

Career:1,351-714
Chips:
This is what ESPN does. They need stories to drive the viewership.

I saw this when they first started to cover a lot of NASCAR. They would sensationalize trivial things or misrepresent things.

The latest example being the Sandusky scandal. They completely butchered PSU on that one.

I always had reservations about ESPN getting more involved with MMA. They spin stories.

Post #20   1/17/12 3:17:03PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2