Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

White hints at GSP or Jones farewell for Anderson Silva.

Print  
Which superfight would you rather see. Anderson v GSP or v 'Bones'?
GSP 16 26%
'Bones' 45 74%
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Bubbles

Come at me bro

Bubbles Avatar

Career:1,120-670
Chips:

Posted by KungFuMaster

Enough is enough..

If no one wants to say it, I will say it. GSP is scared.

We have seen Sakuraba and many other Japanese fighters who have fought much bigger fighters. GSP is simply afraid of losing what he worked so hard for which is, in his own words, his legacy. IMO, his legacy will only be enriched if he was to take on more challenging obstacles. There comes a time when a man must challenge himself or remain the same man. GSP has refused to challenge himself on numerous occasions and has decided to remain the same man.

Bruce Lee once said, " To keep improving, you must keep challenging yourself."

I will always like GSP but he is not a warrior by any stretch of the definition of the word. I am willing to bet GSP will someday regret the decision to fight Anderson Silva>>>>and it's not like people want to see him thrown into the frying pan. Not at all. He has a very good chance with his speed, strength, and athleticism.

When you are retired and sitting at home watching MMA, you will someday regret not moving up in weight to fight more difficult opponents, Mr. Pierre. I really wish a guy like Sakuraba had your talents.

im sure GSP will be better off than Saku in 20 years. i dont think Sakuraba "challenges" himself by fighting guys 10x bigger, its for the fans and the paycheque...also half of those giants are cans, not the top p4p fighter in the world. dont go painting with the same brush

GSP isnt scared, he doesnt feel ready yet. no need to go into a fight not at your best while at a great size disadvantage with so much on the line. Silva has all but cleaned out his division long time ago....GSP still has new challengers left. it was easy for BJ to move up after there was no one left at LW.

will you call Bones scared to move to HW in 2-3 years if he wants to stay at LHW after he cleared his division?

Men be careful, female sexual predators are using a date rape drug called a Blowjob to trap men into scams called relationships.

Post #16   12/19/11 4:49:40PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,887-1,050
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Anderson beats both

Post #17   12/19/11 5:08:23PM   

KungFuMaster

Heavyweight Champ

KungFuMaster Avatar

Career:423-342
Camp: The Lone Ranger(s)
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by KungFuMaster

Enough is enough..

We have seen Sakuraba and many other Japanese fighters who have fought much bigger fighters. GSP is simply afraid of losing what he worked so hard for which is, in his own words, his legacy. IMO, his legacy will only be enriched if he was to take on more challenging obstacles. There comes a time when a man must challenge himself or remain the same man. GSP has refused to challenge himself on numerous occasions and has decided to remain the same man.

I will always like GSP but he is not a warrior by any stretch of the definition of the word. I am willing to bet GSP will someday regret the decision to fight Anderson Silva>>>>and it's not like people want to see him thrown into the frying pan. Not at all. He has a very good chance with his speed, strength, and athleticism.

When you are retired and sitting at home watching MMA, you will someday regret not moving up in weight to fight more difficult opponents, Mr. Pierre. I really wish a guy like Sakuraba had your talents.

im sure GSP will be better off than Saku in 20 years. i dont think Sakuraba "challenges" himself by fighting guys 10x bigger, its for the fans and the paycheque...also half of those giants are cans, not the top p4p fighter in the world. dont go painting with the same brush

GSP isnt scared, he doesnt feel ready yet. no need to go into a fight not at your best while at a great size disadvantage with so much on the line. Silva has all but cleaned out his division long time ago....GSP still has new challengers left. it was easy for BJ to move up after there was no one left at LW.

will you call Bones scared to move to HW in 2-3 years if he wants to stay at LHW after he cleared his division?

Sakuraba had to lie on his application that he was a heavy weight to get into a tournament. Anyway, he fought all over the place and he did it because he is a warrior with warrior mentality.

Regarding GSP: There will never be a right time to move up in weight. His body is designed for the welter weight division and it is only through strength training and work ethics that he is 190 lbs. The longer he waits, the more of a disadvantage it will become for him if and when he faces Silva. My guess is GSP will never face Silva because Silva is near retirement. This fight is not for GSP. Of course not....It is for the fans. From what you said, GSP is also not a warrior but is also selfish.

I know you didn't say it but you implied it that I think GSP is scared of Anderson Silva. What I said is GSP is scared of losing his so called legacy. I will say it one more time. All he needs to do is fight Anderson Silva one time and IMO it cannot take away but only add to his so called legacy.

Post #18   12/19/11 6:47:01PM   

roadking95th

In Cael We Trust!

roadking95th Avatar

Career:1,351-714
Chips:
Of the traditional weights, LW -HVY, the jump from WW to MW is the SMALLEST.

15 lb jump to 170 = 0.097%
15 lb jump to 185 = 0.088%
20 lb jump to 205 = 0.11%
40/60 lb jump to 265 = 0.19-0.29%

Penn fought all the way to 190lbs.
Anderson fights up at LHVY
Couture fought at HVY
Hendo fights MW and LHVY

Come on GSP, enough excuses, make the jump

Last edited 12/19/11 7:07PM server time by roadking95th
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #19   12/19/11 7:06:38PM   

Cooler

Banned for Cheating

Cooler Avatar

Career:886-472
Camp: The Evolutionaries
Chips:
Well, GSP looks pretty terrified of Anderson Silva so I guess our dream match (The MMA version of Pacman vs Pretty Boy) will never happen thanks to one fighter (GSP). If he wanted the fight, Dana would be all over it. Anderson has even offered to challenge GSP at 170 for the WW strap and Dana always makes excuses for GSP not wanting to fight Anderson or make a super fight. But an undersized LW fighting at WW against GSP is A-Ok, right Dana?

I guess most are picking Jones vs Anderson based on the fact that GSP never wants to challenge himself against bigger fighters. I'm actually quite surprised GSP is so popular with his new boring style, the grease gate, the lieing about opponents skills/chances to win, his fear of Anderson Silva and fighters around his actual fight weight.

Post #20   12/19/11 7:21:30PM   

Cooler

Banned for Cheating

Cooler Avatar

Career:886-472
Camp: The Evolutionaries
Chips:

Posted by FastKnockout

I went with Jones, since both seem supernaturally gifted at times.

You could make a case for GSP being very freakishly naturally athletic as well.

I dont see why youd pick Jones vs Anderson, do you mean they are the two more impressive and dynamic fighters? I would definitely agree with that and its a more challenging fight for Anderson Silva as well.

Plus, GSP needs to stop avoiding this fight we've all been clammering for since 2007.

Post #21   12/19/11 7:32:31PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,617-1,666
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I picked Jones because I don't want to see Andy ko GSP in the first...and I am positive it would happen....there are nearly no ends to what I would wager on this....the only fear I would have is the hand of the lord saving GSP until the second round. I have been stating Jones vs Andy now for a while and stylistically its awesome, both have sick striking, are rangy as he'll, doped, ko power, and then the bjj vs gnp.....sick match up which could surpass Rua HENDO for greatest MMA fight to date!!!

Post #22   12/19/11 10:55:51PM   

Lesnar1

In Full Mount

Lesnar1 Avatar

Career:516-343
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
MMA is not only a sport it's a business & GSP is a smart businessman, if he takes the A.Silva fight without properly moving up in weight or doing all that is needed to become a legitimate middleweight than there is not much point in fighting the dude, sure it'll be a decent payday for him but he will have once again been crumbled not that it's a bad thing because losing to an icon like A.Silva is nothing to be ashamed of and a great learning experience for any fighter with the opportunity to fight him, but to act like GSP is scared or has no balls is BS, if he had no balls than why would he step in to fight matt hughes on a couple weeks notice, why would he face evry top contender the WW division has to offer and dominate all of them easily, and about him not finishing, he was a couple seconds away from snapping Dan Hardy's arm off but that guy seems to have rubber limbs, he made Josh Koschecks eye look like a Big Mac, Kos was just a tough s.o.b to hang in there, he was close to finishing Fitch, Shields sucked against him, it's all a case of circumstances unlucky to GSP that caused most of his decisions, but I think he does need new fresh so to speak opponents which leads to a move up in weight, I think after he dismantles Condit or Diaz he will then Move to MW and do it the right way.

For A.Silva it's easy he stays at his natural weight class and it's just another day at the office for him, But for GSP it's a drastic change to his element of combat, well I wouldn't say drastc but big, All i'm tryna say is GSP needs time to properly prepare to move up, it's not his fault Anderson is in the twilight of his career, so for GSP he has to defend the belt against the winner of Condit/Diaz but afterwards it's to the pizza and kebabs to gain some much needed pounds in preperation for a fight bigger than king kong v godzilla.

Post #23   12/19/11 11:25:40PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,543-899
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Either one smashes Anderson.

You are blinded by either hate or your fake persona.

Posted by Pookie

Anderson beats both

I'd like to agree with you. I think Anderson beats GSP but loses to Bones. Bones is just so big. I wouldn't count Anderson out though.

Post #24   12/20/11 2:01:25AM   

Michael_Corleone

Belt Contender

Michael_Corleone Avatar

Career:1,071-562
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by Pookie

Anderson beats both

Post #25   12/20/11 11:04:45AM   

Sir_Karl

MMA Sensei

Sir_Karl Avatar

Career:2,240-1,521
Chips:
I don't see why Silva can't fight 10 or 15 more fights. The obvious choice is Jones. I have been saying this for over a year now. GSP vs. Silva makes absolutely no sense. Silva vs. Jones is the true "superfight". Then what though? There is no reason for him to retire so soon. Anderson...no ones cares dude. Get off the crap and keep fighting.

Post #26   12/20/11 3:05:59PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,556-1,465
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Jones is the guy I'd rather see him fight. To say that GSP is scared is ridiculous to me though considering the guy gets in the cage and fights the very best guys in his weight class time and time again. He's a pro, he's one of the very best in the world, and we are sitting behind computer screens talking about him. None of us should be calling out a guy like GSP for being too scared to fight another fighter, and to do so just shows a lock of sanity, maturity, smarts or some horrible, crippling combination of the 3.

Post #27   12/20/11 3:21:51PM   

Geoffo

Standup Guy

Geoffo Avatar

Career:176-119
Chips:

Posted by KungFuMaster

Enough is enough..

Everyone's afraid of losing, but GSP wouldn't turn down a fight because of that fear. When has he not challenged himself? He's the best fighter he can be, why would he want to exchange with people on the feet when he is the best on the ground. Yes it would be a challenge for him to outstrike someone like Diaz or something, doesn't mean its smart.

Post #28   12/20/11 5:34:26PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2