Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Dana White Hints Mayhem Miller Might Get Cut Following TUF 14 Finale Loss to Michael Bisping

Print  
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
People are letting their hate for Bisping get in the way of their judging. Miller gassed because Bisping pushed him and landed good shots to the mid section. Using example such as he doesn't usually gas just proves this. Bisping made Miller pay for almost every shot he threw an stayed active when on the ground. Granted Miller took the first for octagon control but he did very little with it.

In the second round Bisping landed something like 10 significant shots to every one of Millers as well as stuffing all of his takedowns.
The third Miller landed a total of 4 shots! Bisping landed 69 of the 98 he threw as well as getting a takedown and controlling every position in the round.

Dana isn't that wrong saying it was one of the most lopsided fights he can remember. Theres maybe five or six I can think of that were more lopsided.

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #16   12/4/11 4:04:31PM   

sparky

AV BET Record: 42-10

sparky Avatar

Career:2,975-1,623
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:
Regardless of Dana's comments Bisping absolutely destroyed Miller and to say he didnt is ridiculous!!!

Post #17   12/4/11 4:15:10PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:

Posted by Bubbles

pretty sure Hunt vs Rothwell was far more 1 sided than Bisping/Miller. Dana needs to shut his mouth about the fights for at least 24 hours before talking to the media.

Rothwell in that fight probably looked worse than Mayhem, yet I don't see him being cut.

If dana is going to be unfair, at least be unfair equally.

Dana was a baby after Cain/JDS b/c it didn't go how he wanted and the same thing here. He brought in Mayhem to coach and didn't do much, so of course he's going to whine about it.

Post #18   12/4/11 4:36:29PM   

roadking95th

In Cael We Trust!

roadking95th Avatar

Career:1,351-714
Chips:
Bisping is lucky Mayhem doesn't have a stand up game. This "death by a thousand punches" stuff isn't going to work agaiinst elite competion!

I say this sort of tongue in check and as a Mayhem fan.

Post #19   12/4/11 5:25:50PM   

tallica62

MMA Sensei

tallica62 Avatar

Career:2,070-1,282
Chips:
he did look like poo..but then again they both did

Post #20   12/4/11 5:28:11PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:540-380
Chips:
they both looked bad, but miller looked REALLY bad. i say give him one more chance but if he looks anything like he did against bisping he's done.

Post #21   12/4/11 5:48:26PM   

PABLOMAFIOSO

In Full Mount

PABLOMAFIOSO Avatar

Career:979-657
Chips:
I was disapointed with how bad Miller looked in that fight. I am a Mayhem fan and want to see him fight again in the UFC but maybe against someone around the ranking of Belcher or Stann.
Regarding Dana's comments it was a one sided beating with the accidental headbutt doing the most damage to Bisping. Although cutting him after one loss is harsh IMO.

Post #22   12/4/11 5:56:55PM   

shaneTpain

Av Bet Record: 41-51

shaneTpain Avatar

Career:1,682-1,046
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Dana is an emotional mess

Post #23   12/4/11 6:54:00PM   

tn_rebel

Standup Guy

tn_rebel Avatar

Career:795-515
Camp: TN Brawlers
Chips:

Posted by PABLOMAFIOSO

I was disapointed with how bad Miller looked in that fight. I am a Mayhem fan and want to see him fight again in the UFC but maybe against someone around the ranking of Belcher or Stann.
Regarding Dana's comments it was a one sided beating with the accidental headbutt doing the most damage to Bisping. Although cutting him after one loss is harsh IMO.

He would lose against Belcher and Stann too. To be honest I seen this one coming. Mayhem hadn't fought in over a year and like it or not Bisping is one of the best at 185 (maybe because the rest of the division is that bad, but thats beside the point). Couldn't believe the majority of the Playground picked Mayhem in this one.

Post #24   12/4/11 8:21:11PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,626-950
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by SmileR

Dana isn't that wrong saying it was one of the most lopsided fights he can remember. Theres maybe five or six I can think of that were more lopsided.

Thats nonsense.

People get knocked out in the first round all time. This fight went three.

Post #25   12/5/11 12:34:08AM   

GSPCanada

Standup Guy

Career:637-415
Chips:
miller looked ok in the first round and won it, but the 2nd and 3rd were awful. he just did not look good, and i do agree that bisping pushed hi to gas, i've never seen bisping that tired at the end of a fight so u know he pushed the pace on miller. It just wasn't a good fight, Dana is pissed because this fight was hyped through tuf for months, all this "craziest season" the butting of heads the trash talk and to get that was extremely disappointing, but hey think jens pulver and bj or even dan hardy and gsp how that fight went through the primetime series. it sucks when fights get a lot of hype and then are lobsided, mayhem just didn't look like he belonged but i completely disagree with cutting him, guys like hardy are being given chances

Post #26   12/5/11 1:40:44AM   

jjeans

Emma Watson Picture Incoming

jjeans Avatar

Career:1,247-738
Chips:

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by SmileR

Thats nonsense.

People get knocked out in the first round all time. This fight went three.

He got mount and did nothing with it, so much in fact Bisping wasn't getting "smashed in the face" like Millers being saying all season, he let Bisping have a conversation with the ref and still was able to escape. I'm not saying I scored that round to Bisping as I scored it to Miller but it's not a round whereby I thoughts can't see anyway Bisping won that round. Americans can talk trash about Bisping all they want, there are very few 185ers who would smash him. Munoz, Boetsch, Silva and Lombard are the few I don't see him putting up a half decent fight with even against Sonnen, Bisping has good BJJ and epileptic hips to make it interesting!

But going back to what you were saying about lopsided first round KOs... Is that really lopsided? Is Nate KOing Maia really that dominant or did he just catch him? Is Mark Hominick pin point accuracy hitting every pinch after the first one on George Roop dominant or is it just lucky that the first one hurt Roop that much? Ibis ping never rocked Miller, and I don't disagree when people say it wasn't the most one sided fight ever but Miller stepped into the cage and after 5 minutes it looked like Miller had no tools to win the fight.

Dirty Blue

Post #27   12/5/11 4:08:29AM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,572-930
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
The way I saw it Mayhem won the first round and was even landing more.
The problem was,by the end of the first round Bisping got Miller's rhythm down and was countering all his lunging overhand shots.
What made this worse was Millers corner encouraged him to continue to throw those same shots between the round.
I'm not a fan but props to Bisping for the win.

Post #28   12/5/11 6:15:09AM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,686-1,525
Chips:
Dana's just having an over-reaction here. He expected a war between two guys that don't like each other, just like we did, and it didn't happen. What did happen was Mayhem showed that he has ZERO snap on his punches and terrible TD's, Bisping showed that he has about as much power as most middle of the road BW's, and both guys showed that the adrenaline dump is a real thing(or that they weren't well trained for the fight, but they're pros and you have to assume it's the former). Bisping dominated the fight, but no way was that the most one sided in UFC history. Mayhem should get another shot in the big show based solely on the fact that he has a fan base that the UFC built on TUF, not to mention the MTV2 viewers and MMA hardcores. Emotions ruined the main event IMO, it seemed like they got the best of both guys and just killed their cardio.

Post #29   12/5/11 10:39:14AM   

Kugel

MMA Regular

Kugel Avatar

Career:1,538-911
Chips:
He wasn't impressive against GSP? That is one of my favorite fights ever in the octagon. He hung with one of the most dominant UFC champions of all time. Dana White is just an asshole, who craps on guys he doesn't like for whatever reason. He doesn't even fight and judges guys on one performance.

And there are only 6 or 7 more lopsided fights? Now people are just being ignorant. I guess 1st round KOs and subs aren't lopsided because they end so fast. Really people?

Last edited 12/5/11 10:57AM server time by Kugel
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #30   12/5/11 10:56:06AM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3