Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Fitch Never Gets a Break...

THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN LOCKED Print  
  Page 2 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:

Posted by warglory

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by warglory

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

I don't agree that "Fitch never gets a break" at all. Fitch has won every fight in the UFC except for this one and GSP. How has he "not gotten a break?"

This bout was the definition of a draw. I even said it before they announced the scores. I told everyone watching with me "this will be a draw, I can guarantee it"

Within your post lies my point. Fitch is probably one of the top 3 best fighters in the UFC, if not p4p, has only lost once in his UFC career, yet people continuously say (including hardcores) that the man doesn't deserve another title shot? That he's a wet blanket and doesn't deserve the title? Fitch always gets the sh!t end of the stick from the UFC and many of it's fans, and I am just really sick and tired of it as a long time Fitch supporter.

Consider this:

Before the fight in an interview Fitch was asked how he was going to win, and his response was something like "Any way I want."

Come fight time, Penn won two rounds, while Fitch won one, and after the fight Penn is disappointed with himself, while Fitch is saying he deserves a title shot.

And you wonder why he gets the short end of the stick.

I don't get your logic. You seem to assume that I thought Penn won two rounds...?

My logic is that 2 of the three Judges gave Penn 2 rounds.

Post #16   2/27/11 6:34:25PM   

sparky

AV BET Record: 43-10

sparky Avatar

Career:5,463-3,081
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:

Posted by FrankTheTank1181

It cracks me up to read the comments of somebody with such blantant bias, it makes my day more enjoyable.

It doesnt make mine it actually makes me sick to my stomach to hear and read some of the things these so-called MMA fans say.... I feel more then half of the people who watch it dont understand it anyways!!!!

Post #17   2/27/11 6:38:06PM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by warglory

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by warglory

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

I don't agree that "Fitch never gets a break" at all. Fitch has won every fight in the UFC except for this one and GSP. How has he "not gotten a break?"

This bout was the definition of a draw. I even said it before they announced the scores. I told everyone watching with me "this will be a draw, I can guarantee it"

Within your post lies my point. Fitch is probably one of the top 3 best fighters in the UFC, if not p4p, has only lost once in his UFC career, yet people continuously say (including hardcores) that the man doesn't deserve another title shot? That he's a wet blanket and doesn't deserve the title? Fitch always gets the sh!t end of the stick from the UFC and many of it's fans, and I am just really sick and tired of it as a long time Fitch supporter.

Consider this:

Before the fight in an interview Fitch was asked how he was going to win, and his response was something like "Any way I want."

Come fight time, Penn won two rounds, while Fitch won one, and after the fight Penn is disappointed with himself, while Fitch is saying he deserves a title shot.

And you wonder why he gets the short end of the stick.

I don't get your logic. You seem to assume that I thought Penn won two rounds...?

My logic is that 2 of the three Judges gave Penn 2 rounds.

I still don't understand your logic, sorry. Are you saying he gets the sh!t end because you think he is arrogant? If so, than I think that is the direct opposite of what I think of Fitch.

Post #18   2/27/11 6:42:14PM   

FrankTheTank1181

Standup Guy

FrankTheTank1181 Avatar

Career:1,487-880
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:

Posted by sparky

It cracks me up to read the comments of somebody with such blantant bias, it makes my day more enjoyable.

It doesnt make mine it actually makes me sick to my stomach to hear and read some of the things these so-called MMA fans say.... I feel more then half of the people who watch it dont understand it anyways!!!!

I just don't let stuff said by strangers affect me in a negative way.

Post #19   2/27/11 6:43:10PM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Chips:

You're saying I'm blatantly biased?

Post #20   2/27/11 6:44:05PM   

FrankTheTank1181

Standup Guy

FrankTheTank1181 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by warglory

You seem overly concerned that everybody gives respect to the guy, I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin...

Post #21   2/27/11 6:56:35PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:

Posted by warglory
I still don't understand your logic, sorry. Are you saying he gets the sh!t end because you think he is arrogant? If so, than I think that is the direct opposite of what I think of Fitch.

I'll elaborate for you then.

I think the disrespect Fitch gets, one of the best fighters on the planet, is blasphemy, and the ensuing commentary surrounding this fight is ludicrous.

This was your initial thesis statement.

I said that Jon Fitch lost two of the rounds. It doesn't really matter what you think should have happened, or how YOU felt the fight should have been scored. You're not a judge. Two of the three judges felt that Penn won two rounds. Blatant Homerism isn't going to change the fact that Fitch lost two of rounds.

That being said, the fight ended in a draw. Those are the facts. Irrefutable facts of the fight.

After the fight, BJ Penn was noticeably upset, felt he didn't do enough, was displeased with his performance, and shockingly humble.

Fitch, on the other hand, is demanding that he should get a title shot when he JUST, literally, JUST fought to a draw. On what planet does a tie mean that you deserve the title shot?

Are you really failing to see this? A tie has never and WILL NEVER mean that you won.

Demanding your title shot in-front of a future HOF'er and all-time great that just fought you to a draw is going to earn you the disrespect and ire of the fans.

Arrogance and dismissive attitudes are qualities that cause people to dislike other people. Bisping can win every fight from here to eternity and I won't like the guy ever because of his attitude and actions.

You're mistaking people not liking Fitch for people not respecting Fitch. The two do not have to go hand in hand. I will happily point out that Fitch is one of the best in the world at what he does, but I cannot stand the guy because of his attitude and I don't really care for his one dimensional victories. That doesn't mean I don't respect him.

Post #22   2/27/11 6:57:27PM   

BeeR

MMA Sensei

BeeR Avatar

Career:681-411
Chips:
yeah, he totally doesn't get it at all, we all respect fitch dude, some of us would just rather watch paint dry then watch him fight.

Post #23   2/27/11 7:02:38PM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Chips:

Posted by warglory

You seem overly concerned that everybody gives respect to the guy, I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin...

I'm not biased, it's just infuriating that so many fans, including die hard fans, have the inability to acknowledge Fitch, usually due to a lack of understanding of his game. Trust me, I'm not a nuthugger, just a frustrated fan of the sport.

Post #24   2/27/11 7:05:40PM   

FrankTheTank1181

Standup Guy

FrankTheTank1181 Avatar

Chips:
People can both acknowledge his abilities and not like the way he fights at the same time...Most people, atleast on this forum, have a very good understanding of the sport. Some enjoy watching him fight, while others don't, different strokes for different folks.

Post #25   2/27/11 7:11:37PM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Chips:

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by warglory

I'll elaborate for you then.

I think the disrespect Fitch gets, one of the best fighters on the planet, is blasphemy, and the ensuing commentary surrounding this fight is ludicrous.

This was your initial thesis statement.

I said that Jon Fitch lost two of the rounds. It doesn't really matter what you think should have happened, or how YOU felt the fight should have been scored. You're not a judge. Two of the three judges felt that Penn won two rounds. Blatant Homerism isn't going to change the fact that Fitch lost two of rounds.

That being said, the fight ended in a draw. Those are the facts. Irrefutable facts of the fight.

After the fight, BJ Penn was noticeably upset, felt he didn't do enough, was displeased with his performance, and shockingly humble.

Fitch, on the other hand, is demanding that he should get a title shot when he JUST, literally, JUST fought to a draw. On what planet does a tie mean that you deserve the title shot?

Are you really failing to see this? A tie has never and WILL NEVER mean that you won.

Demanding your title shot in-front of a future HOF'er and all-time great that just fought you to a draw is going to earn you the disrespect and ire of the fans.

Arrogance and dismissive attitudes are qualities that cause people to dislike other people. Bisping can win every fight from here to eternity and I won't like the guy ever because of his attitude and actions.

You're mistaking people not liking Fitch for people not respecting Fitch. The two do not have to go hand in hand. I will happily point out that Fitch is one of the best in the world at what he does, but I cannot stand the guy because of his attitude and I don't really care for his one dimensional victories. That doesn't mean I don't respect him.

I know the difference between people who don't like Fitch's style, and those that are disrespectful. Go over to the news announcement of this draw victory for a clear understanding of the difference in my opinion. Saying Fitch lays and prays is blatantly incorrect. Saying Fitch stalls is incorrect, etc. By saying these things, these folks are not merely showing a dislike for the man, they are mis-representing him, and show blatant disrespect. I don't care if people think Fitch is boring, and I'd ask anyone to find a quote of me stating otherwise, that's pure opinion. But when fans start to discredit what the man has done, that's when I start getting irritated, and that's the point of this whole thread.

Post #26   2/27/11 7:11:57PM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Chips:

People can both acknowledge his abilities and not like the way he fights at the same time...Most people, atleast on this forum, have a very good understanding of the sport. Some enjoy watching him fight, while others don't, different strokes for different folks.

You are totally mis-understanding my point. It's the people that don't acknowledge his abilities and accomplishments that bother me, and that happens all that time, and I am sick of it. I don't know why you think I am claiming people who merely don't like Fitch's style are being targeted.

Post #27   2/27/11 7:15:07PM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Chips:

Posted by BeeR

yeah, he totally doesn't get it at all, we all respect fitch dude, some of us would just rather watch paint dry then watch him fight.

You really believe Fitch gets the respect he deserves?

Post #28   2/27/11 7:16:47PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:6,006-3,321
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I gotta agree

Fitch is one of the coolest fighters I have met
Ufc treats him badly. He should have had his title shot already
Him and yushin okami

If gsp moves up in weight do the right thing

Fitch vs condit for title

Penn gets next shot. Gives him time to gain the necessary muscle mass for him at 170. After the year penn has had. Two losses a win and a draw

Penn needs to take some time off

Post #29   2/27/11 7:19:39PM   

FrankTheTank1181

Standup Guy

FrankTheTank1181 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by prozacnation1978

I gotta agree

Fitch is one of the coolest fighters I have met
Ufc treats him badly. He should have had his title shot already
Him and yushin okami

If gsp moves up in weight do the right thing

Fitch vs condit for title

Penn gets next shot. Gives him time to gain the necessary muscle mass for him at 170. After the year penn has had. Two losses a win and a draw

Penn needs to take some time off

He had his title shot and he got beat, in a dominating fashion.

Post #30   2/27/11 7:24:14PM   

Page 2 of 4     1     2     3     4