Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Predictions on James Toney's First Opponent.

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:
Could? at this stage in his career I am sure one solid punch from Toney would put Liddell into his 50's

Ad: FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #16   4/17/10 1:09:50AM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:

Posted by Pookie

Posted by vinny_cro_cop_q

Posted by MaxOne

I don't know if Cro-cop's kick boxing would be good enough to be James Toney's boxing. His boxing is very very good.

A clean cro cop head kick would send Toney into such a daze he wouldnt remember where he is at all

A clean leg kick would break toney's base and possibly end the fight.

It takes years of Thai training to get to the level of being able to take a hard leg kick from a good amateur muay thai guy.

To expect Toney to be able to endure a leg kick on less than a years training of checking kicks is silly. So, to take one from Cro-cop is laughable to me.

Toney has never been a really aggressive puncher, nor exceptional with his mobility, and hes not all that big, i see no way he gets in on cro-cop to land his punches.

God damn I wish I could prop you every post you make hahaha totally agree. Dos Santos was only able to outbox cro cop because he had great movement. He was constantly moving and not an easy target.

Exchange punches with Toney then I think he wins every time but you mix it up and that spells trouble. I say Randy should be his first opponent. It's a solid opponent but not the greatest either so if Randy loses its not like Toney can then shout greatness in MMA but it would be a solid start and Randy deserves to introduce him after a long great career.

Post #17   4/17/10 1:23:06AM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:5,602-3,078
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
My guess is roy nelson. I doubt randy wants to move up in weight
Fight has to be at ufc 117 or 118

Post #18   4/17/10 10:50:27AM   

MaxOne

Captain Doctor

MaxOne Avatar

Career:865-586
Camp: Team Syntax
Chips:

Posted by Pookie

Posted by vinny_cro_cop_q

Posted by MaxOne

I don't know if Cro-cop's kick boxing would be good enough to be James Toney's boxing. His boxing is very very good.

A clean cro cop head kick would send Toney into such a daze he wouldnt remember where he is at all

A clean leg kick would break toney's base and possibly end the fight.

It takes years of Thai training to get to the level of being able to take a hard leg kick from a good amateur muay thai guy.

To expect Toney to be able to endure a leg kick on less than a years training of checking kicks is silly. So, to take one from Cro-cop is laughable to me.

Toney has never been a really aggressive puncher, nor exceptional with his mobility, and hes not all that big, i see no way he gets in on cro-cop to land his punches.

I totally agree about kicks being able to win the fight for CC. I just don't know if Cro cop will be able to get off on Toney. He doesn't set it up...he just throws it or at least that's how he's been fighting lately and that gives Toney time to react and use his movement to get out of the way. He's got faster hands, more accurate hands and he hits harder. If cro-cop can take toney's legs out from under him it's his fight, if he can land a head shot...obviously he can end it. Toney's foot work and movement in general is going to be better and he might be able to get in...land and get out before CC is able to do much offensively.

Cro Cop's movement at his best wasn't even close to Toney's at his best but Toney at his best didn't have to defend/avoid kicks & who knows where they are at now skillwise? i'm not sure.

I think Tony is a threat to anyone early in the fight but after being taken down, having his legs kicked, being pressed up against the cage etc. Pretty much anybody should be able to beat him.

whoever fights him should just take it straight to the ground as quickly as they can.

Post #19   4/18/10 4:13:37AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2