Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Dana White: ‘We’ll do Brock vs Fedor and it’ll be a huge fight’

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

gnl68

BANNED

Career:392-296
Chips:
Fedor just might be the best two sport athlete.One being the fighter he is.The other is the sport of business.He will not sign with the UFC unless they are willing to pay the $ that they have been so far reluctant.Fedor is just way to smart to be bought out.Since he has a stake in M-1 he is a free agent of sorts.The UFC could only hope that he loses.I have read that in the past Fedor has turned them down because the UFC owned him if he won and could release him right after he lost.He has nothing to prove in the US,has said it enough.We want him,much more then he wants US.Gotta respect him for not being bought out by Dana and the all 2 powerfull UFC.Long live Fedor!!!!!

Post #16   7/12/09 9:13:05PM   

jascri

Learning to Sprawl

jascri Avatar

Career:7-10
Chips:
Did anyone see what i saw? Brock was getting dominated in the stand up and he was rocked! if that would have went on, Frank could have finished him--he(Brock) didn't want any part of it, so enter Fedor. He's a smart fighter and that was a weakness ... an opening. Fedor would see this and exploit it. Fedor by TKO. Or, if not, he could always submit him, but he better do it quickly.

Post #17   7/12/09 9:41:12PM   

sclasclemski

Belt Contender

sclasclemski Avatar

Career:425-289
Camp: THE 486
Chips:

Posted by DevonFoxy

I think up until now Dana didn't think anyone on the roster could threaten Fedor and now he see's Brock "The Juggernaut" Lesnar and honestly believes that Brock can beat him. I personally will have to see it to believe it but if Dana brought Fedor in it would not be because he would want him to succeed but quite the opposite. Thats what saddens me.

Maybe so but who cares as long as it ends with Fedor in the UFC.

Post #18   7/12/09 10:24:13PM   

Ordep

Go Falcons!

Ordep Avatar

Career:1,039-621
Camp: Beat Down System
Chips:
Carwin will KO Lesnar before Fedor sign.

Post #19   7/12/09 11:14:22PM   

Schizoidman

MMA Regular

Schizoidman Avatar

Career:94-60
Chips:
He did admit it. He said that flying knee made him "see tweety bird for a second." I'll admit that he's an animal. But I like to think of him more as a rabid animal who needs to be taken out with the shotgun i like to call Fedor. The guy has zero respect for other fighters, fans, and even sponsors. Yeah, the emotions were flowing, but being able to compose yourself is what separates real men who deserve respect for little children who can't control themselves. Brock is turning the UFC into the WWE's bastard child. And I thought Rashad was bad. I'm definitely going to boycott any Lesnar fights and just find for free somewhere online the day after the bout.

Post #20   7/13/09 3:02:46AM   

jay98107

MMA Sensei

jay98107 Avatar

Career:6,050-3,770
Camp: TKO
Chips:
Carwin will take out Lesnar, but if he doesn't we can pray that the UFC signs Fedor.

Post #21   7/13/09 6:48:34AM   

colescar

Choke You

colescar Avatar

Career:826-686
Camp: Team Kumate
Chips:

Posted by Schizoidman
The guy has zero respect for other fighters, fans, and even sponsors. Yeah, the emotions were flowing, but being able to compose yourself is what separates real men who deserve respect for little children who can't control themselves. Brock is turning the UFC into the WWE's bastard child. And I thought Rashad was bad.

I totally agree 100%.

The way I see it, Brock would be a tough fight for anyone based on size alone, not skill. I really don't see his size helping him in a match with Fedor. Fedor has a HUGE bag of tricks, the biggest bag. Haven't seen much trickery in Lesnar, not enough to compete with Fedor.

Post #22   7/13/09 9:03:38AM   

scpd400

MMA Regular

scpd400 Avatar

Career:2,333-1,615
Camp: Fury
Chips:
I saw Mir hurt Lesner too. I think if Lesner gets hit hard he goes down, Why dont they leg kick his knees everyone knows he has bad knees

Post #23   7/13/09 11:37:17AM   

Daze

Learning to Sprawl

Career:-
Chips:
I was so bummed out that this fight never came to fruition

Post #24   8/29/09 1:53:10PM   

sclasclemski

Belt Contender

sclasclemski Avatar

Career:425-289
Camp: THE 486
Chips:
you and the rest of the world

Post #25   8/29/09 1:56:36PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-506
Chips:

Posted by scpd400

I saw Mir hurt Lesner too. I think if Lesner gets hit hard he goes down, Why dont they leg kick his knees everyone knows he has bad knees

Throwing a lot of leg kicks at a wrestler of Lesnar's calibre is asking to be put on your back and KOed. It's a good idea, but the risk is too great against such a powerful and quick wrestler.

I have to say that one smart thing about Fedor's signing with Strikeforce whether it was intentional or not is that if he does go to the UFC after his M-1 contract is up, there will be quite a bit of footage of Lesnar for him to study, whereas had he signed at this juncture there would still be a lot more question marks about Lesnars chin, standup, cardio, etc.

Post #26   8/31/09 10:05:46PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2