Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Lauzon Wants Guida Next

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

wrona666

In Full Mount

wrona666 Avatar

Career:1,102-674
Chips:

Posted by higdon10

Guida by decision

I was thinking the same thing....I see Guida laying on him for three rounds....If diaz could not pull off the sub i dont see "Creepy Joe" being able to sub him....

Post #16   2/17/09 5:48:49PM   

butt_whole

Learning to Sprawl

Career:-
Chips:
its always guida by decision

Post #17   2/17/09 5:57:45PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,394-1,281
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
lauzon needs to stop calling guys out franca, guida, diaz, neer,

Post #18   2/17/09 6:19:41PM   

jakeiceman

Banned

jakeiceman Avatar

Career:185-141
Chips:

Posted by butt_whole

Posted by Gipper

i think guida is a fight or 2 away from getting a shot. he's had some bad luck with some decisions in the ufc

i think guida could control the pace and the position on the ground on way to a ud.

I think he's a fight or two from the UFC deciding he's just another boring wrestler and throwing the take down machine out the org. Crossing my fingers

He is a fan favorite and WINS fights.....you seriously think they are going to cut Guida? They just cut over 50 and Guida was not one of them....maybe that should tell you something.

But what kinda comment do you expect from a guy with the screen name "butt_whole"

Post #19   2/17/09 6:35:38PM   

kaduey

In Full Mount

kaduey Avatar

Career:1,537-829
Chips:
After Guida's last performance I would really like to see someone eliminate his wrestling and take him out but if Lauzon can't handle Manny Gamburyan's takedowns then Guida will probably hug him, maybe a couple of throws, to decision.

Post #20   2/17/09 7:04:45PM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:
Where did all of this Guida animosity come from all of a sudden?! Are you guys Diaz fans or something? Guida has always been exciting as hell, do you really think Dana would have kept him around for as long as he has if there were any doubts about that? Every time Clay fights, the crowd goes absolutely apeshit (see Clay's entrance during his last fight, the crowd was cheering louder for Guida than the main eventers!), he is a fan favorite for very good reasons.

How can you say a fight like Guida vs Huerta was boring? Sheesh.

Post #21   2/17/09 7:50:11PM   

Boo_Radley21

Heavyweight Champ

Boo_Radley21 Avatar

Career:605-425
Chips:
I would much rather see him fight Lauzon. That was the fight they were trying to set up when they were picking for the finals on that season. That would definitely be a fight that I would want to see.

Post #22   2/17/09 9:09:58PM   

motorboatensob

Standup Guy

motorboatensob Avatar

Career:483-306
Chips:

Posted by prozacnation1978

lauzon needs to stop calling guys out franca, guida, diaz, neer,

Whats wrong with calling out guys everyone else dose it and people love it. Other than his lose to Kenny which was a good fight what has he done to not be able to call out people. At least he is calling out guys on his ranking level and not like Huerta who just lost and is calling out BJ.

Post #23   2/17/09 9:11:23PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:

Posted by warglory

Where did all of this Guida animosity come from all of a sudden?! Are you guys Diaz fans or something? Guida has always been exciting as hell, do you really think Dana would have kept him around for as long as he has if there were any doubts about that? Every time Clay fights, the crowd goes absolutely apeshit (see Clay's entrance during his last fight, the crowd was cheering louder for Guida than the main eventers!), he is a fan favorite for very good reasons.

How can you say a fight like Guida vs Huerta was boring? Sheesh.

It's a classic case of "You're only as good as your last fight" People are just pissed that he grinded out Diaz the way he did. Even being a huge Guida fan I'll admit that I wasn't entirely impressed with his performance. The one thing I will say, though is that he put on a wrestling clinic. He didn't score a huge KO or anything, but he pretty handily dominated almost all positions against Diaz. The only thing he lost was the standup, IMO

Post #24   2/17/09 9:33:53PM   

mentalcase

MMA Expert/Genius/God

mentalcase Avatar

Career:1,514-780
Chips:

Posted by nickcuc547

i hope guida mauls him

by mauls him did u mean hold on do nothing offensive and just eek out a decision cause that's the only way he can win a fight

Post #25   2/17/09 9:35:54PM   

jakeiceman

Banned

jakeiceman Avatar

Career:185-141
Chips:

Posted by mentalcase

Posted by nickcuc547

i hope guida mauls him

by mauls him did u mean hold on do nothing offensive and just eek out a decision cause that's the only way he can win a fight

Only way he can win a fight huh?

Clay is 25-9 with :

4 wins by tko

12 submission wins

and 8 decision wins.

Hmm just based off of facts....yes he can win by more than decision.

A Few of Guidas recent opponents:

Nate Diaz
Mac Danzig
Samy Schiavo....ok not great but he won by TKO...is that the same as a decision???

Roger Huerta: who he dominated until getting caught. Huerta was undefeated at the time in the UFC

Tyson Griffin: current top contender and in my opinion Guida won that fight

And before that he fought Din Thomas.

Guida has fought nothing but top competition since coming to the UFC and has held his own against all of them. He will be in the title picture very soon and you will just have to deal with it.

Post #26   2/17/09 10:00:59PM   

theguido

What the hell happened!

theguido Avatar

Career:428-321
Chips:
Neer or Huerta if he has one more fight I'd like to see that for sure

Post #27   2/17/09 10:13:28PM   

GDK

MMA Regular

GDK Avatar

Career:1,669-1,159
Chips:
The Guida fight is a great match up for Joe
Joe is still young and constantly improving
And he has earned a shot with the contenders
( he was the main event in 2 Fight Nights)
And all the others are booked
(Griffin, Sherk, Joe Daddy or Edgar)

He has very aggressive Jiu Jitsu
And i think he can catch Guida
Joe has very little to fear from Guida other than being out controlled
And losing a decision.
Guida can't put Joe away

Guida doesn't make mistakes
But i think the young Joe will force one out of him
My pick is a submission late in the 2nd round for Lauzon

Post #28   2/17/09 11:52:15PM   

Gipper

RIP Evan Tanner 1971-2008

Gipper Avatar

Career:214-126
Chips:

Posted by butt_whole

Posted by Gipper

i think guida is a fight or 2 away from getting a shot. he's had some bad luck with some decisions in the ufc

i think guida could control the pace and the position on the ground on way to a ud.

I think he's a fight or two from the UFC deciding he's just another boring wrestler and throwing the take down machine out the org. Crossing my fingers

give your head a shake. watch all his ufc fights. there fukin great fights. the guy is sticking to his bread and butter he wants a shot at the belt and he needs wins.

Post #29   2/18/09 3:43:46PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:
I have been low on Guida since the Danzig fight he has been doing alot of LNP and in a pure BJJ match or pure Stand up fight he would lose to most guys. I know this is MMA but no one like the LNP. I feel the same way about Sherk till the Penn fight.

I was kinda suprised Joe would call him out do to his historyof being a tuff guy that takes you down and keeps you there maybe Joe sees something he can exploit. I think Clay might actually get a title shot or sniff one but BJ, Sherk, Kenflo, and Deigo are all going to be too much for him even Joe daddy would be a rough ride for Clay.

Post #30   2/18/09 5:50:54PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2