Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

why do u guys write liddell of so fast against fedor?

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:

Posted by mmadb

OMG!!! Another Liddell vs. Fedor thread, this hasn't been beaten to death or anything.

Fedor vs anyone. has been beaten to death.

Give ti up guys. We won't see Chuck/Fedor anytime soon. There is a far better chance of seeing Chuck/Cro Cop.

The only top tier fighter than Fedor will face anytime soon is Josh Barnett (maybe). Sure Fedor is fighting Matt Lindland but thats not gonna be a competitive match up.

Ad: Find out about FanDuel's newly launch game called Mixup

Post #16   3/16/07 9:21:57AM   

Bumpy

MMA Regular

Bumpy Avatar

Career:792-598
Chips:
Liddell has more that just his stand up, alot of people dont realize he was a Division I wrestler and trained in Brazilian jiu-jitsu, along with Kempo karate and Koei-Kan karate and of course his kickboxing. So there is more to his game then just stand up, he just happens to be good at knocking people out and not havin to fight on the ground alot. So I would say he has a better chance against fedor than what people what to give him.

Post #17   8/28/08 7:45:11PM   

DJDark41

MMA Sensei

DJDark41 Avatar

Career:363-219
Camp: The Pit
Chips:
Did you just bump a thread thats over a year old...?

Whatever, Fedor wins. He's fought good strikers, good wrestlers, and good JJ guys. But, never, in his history, has he fought anyone who put everything together and at such a high quality.

Post #18   8/28/08 8:35:35PM   

mkiv9secsupra

MMA Sensei

mkiv9secsupra Avatar

Career:1,051-706
Chips:
Yeah Chuck is my favorite fighter but Fedor is Fedor. The only hole ive seen in his game is getting cut a little easy and thats it. If guys like Arona and Nogueira cant submit him and guys like Hunt and Mirko cant KO him then he has proven himself enough to me.

So now to the real topic.......New guys STOP REVIVING YEAR OLD THREADS....the end

Post #19   8/28/08 9:09:30PM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:2,047-1,306
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by warglory

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

fedor may be able to transition well but the he wont get the take down...chuck is a counter puncher, as soon as fedor throws somethin at chuck hes catching a fist to the chin. as soon as the punch lands liddell will step out of the way and circle around fedor so he will never get the takedown!!!!

You make it sound so easy...

Fedor is the #1 heavyweight in the world, Liddell would have to up his entire gameplan to even stand a minor chance against Fedor.

and Liddell is the #1 LHW...there is a reason for that....because he is a great fighter....the only thing different is the weight. if liddell stays on his feet i think he would get the knockout. if he does go down he definitely knows how to scramble and get back up.

I agree Liddell is a great fighter,but I can't agree he is still the number one LHW in the world.

Post #20   8/29/08 7:22:27AM   

mkiv9secsupra

MMA Sensei

mkiv9secsupra Avatar

Career:1,051-706
Chips:

Posted by mrsmiley

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by warglory

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

fedor may be able to transition well but the he wont get the take down...chuck is a counter puncher, as soon as fedor throws somethin at chuck hes catching a fist to the chin. as soon as the punch lands liddell will step out of the way and circle around fedor so he will never get the takedown!!!!

Fedor is the #1 heavyweight in the world, Liddell would have to up his entire gameplan to even stand a minor chance against Fedor.

and Liddell is the #1 LHW...there is a reason for that....because he is a great fighter....the only thing different is the weight. if liddell stays on his feet i think he would get the knockout. if he does go down he definitely knows how to scramble and get back up.

I agree Liddell is a great fighter,but I can't agree he is still the number one LHW in the world.

yeah hes not champ anymore(this was posted over a year ago) My oppinion has changed since then to Fedor can beat anyone at any weight(including BJ,GSP,and Silva)

Post #21   8/29/08 11:57:09AM   

DJDark41

MMA Sensei

DJDark41 Avatar

Career:363-219
Camp: The Pit
Chips:

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

yeah hes not champ anymore(this was posted over a year ago) My oppinion has changed since then to Fedor can beat anyone at any weight(including BJ,GSP,and Silva)

But, in a measure of pure talent, I don't think you could pick a definitive #1 in terms of pure talent between Fedor, GSP, BJ and A. Silva. However, due to the tremendous size/weight/strength difference(heavyweight vs middle/welterweight)Fedor would probably take those 3 fights easy.

Post #22   8/29/08 1:45:59PM   

npayant

I've gained some weight...

npayant Avatar

Career:1,859-934
Chips:

Posted by Huckit

liddell is taller and larger frame. hes combonations are like carpet bombs scattering out and coming down from all angles landed right on target. he should be able to keep it standing like cc vs fedor...

in a cage i really think liddell has a better chance than crocop because of his punch power etc.... fedor has been rocked a few times but guys with less punch power

That's all I can really say about this.

Post #23   8/29/08 2:12:36PM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:2,047-1,306
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by mrsmiley

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by warglory

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

LOL.I didn't even realize!

Post #24   8/31/08 4:41:32PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2