Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

My thoughts on Rampage

Print  
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

Northrend

In Full Mount

Northrend Avatar

Career:110-62
Camp: Team Pride
Chips:

Posted by jaba

Christianity has killed rampage

Ad: FanDuel: Daily Fantasy Sports

Post #16   3/7/07 3:05:23AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:2,573-1,539
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
Wandy killed Rampage IMO. Christianity sure hasn't hurt Randy

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #17   3/7/07 4:40:44AM   

Mayo

Standup Guy

Mayo Avatar

Career:261-179
Camp: Downtown Chi-Town
Chips:

Posted by jocksmall

in an interview dana just conducted he said that chuck was really sick and has been sick for a long time. he suggested that he see a doctor , he also expressed disgust at how chuck was being handled. chuck gave an interview and he looked really stoned and dana seemed irate about it. i think you made some legit points about rampage, all are possible except i dont think he thinks he will lose . he owned chuck in the first fight standing and on the ground. thats alot different than fighting wandy who beat him the first time. i think if rampage is the one that is stalling its about money.

Chuck was NOT stoned, he took sleeping pills and only got 4 hours of sleep before the interview so the pills were still active in his system. Later he finally decided to go to the doctor and it was discovered he had pneumonia. So then he was put on 2 weeks of antibiotics and couldn't do any training for that time. He's really going to have to work hard to get back into the rythem of his training after all of this.
article

Post #18   3/7/07 11:45:21AM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:

Posted by allmotormark

i duno his last fight wasn't impressive against eastman , and really eastman is not a contender by any means...i am a rampage fan but realisticly his last fight on his contract will be against chuck if he wins his next match....but i just want someone to put up a good fight against chuck not necesarily win , but i'd like to see a good fight with chuck ...you know what i mean a real brawl....but it seems that chuck never lets that happen...

In the past... UFC won't give a title fight to a fighter that is finishing his contract... Either resign or see Brandon Vera...

Post #19   3/16/07 4:41:52PM   

BloodandTears

Standup Guy

BloodandTears Avatar

Career:322-195
Camp: duXup
Chips:

Posted by jdubs

after rampage beats his next opponent he will give chuck a run for his money

I think chuck will have his hands full with Jackson. I'll take Jackson and the odds!

Post #20   3/16/07 5:33:43PM   

BloodandTears

Standup Guy

BloodandTears Avatar

Career:322-195
Camp: duXup
Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

Wandy killed Rampage IMO. Christianity sure hasn't hurt Randy

Or That ol' TUF boy from New Mexico Diego Sanchez

Post #21   3/16/07 5:35:18PM   

johny_rotten

Standup Guy

johny_rotten Avatar

Career:125-71
Camp: 518 Death Squad
Chips:
The bottom line with Quinton is the bottom line. He has one fight left on his deal, and after Chuck there are no compelling fights for Rampage if he loses. There are two things he wants before he agrees to fight Chuck. A long term deal like a 6 fight contract, and to build him self up in America, so the fans will want to see him fight champ or not.

The problem the UFC has is there is no one else to fight Chuck. It most likely would have been Forest next if he got past Jardine, but we know what happend there. There is no one in the LHW class that would put asses in the seats.

Post #22   3/17/07 2:48:43PM   

bayonetxwork

In Full Mount

bayonetxwork Avatar

Career:114-60
Camp: TUFFS Fight Club
Chips:
why would you duck a guy you almost murdered? and he doesn't need warm up fights, he just isn't worthy of a title shot. I hate seeing big names come in, and practically get an automatic title shot(i.e. silva, and soon to be cro cop). I like seeing guys start off on square one, and work for a title shot. So i respect Rampage for not wanting to take a title shot he isn't deserving of. If he did thats like saying Eastman is a top contender in which he beat to be #1 contender. And Eastman is a C class fighter on a good day.

Post #23   3/17/07 3:38:40PM   

mkiv9secsupra

MMA Sensei

mkiv9secsupra Avatar

Career:1,051-706
Chips:
why dont we just get this fight over with?! we all know what is going to happen...if it happens in a month or in 2 years the outcome will always be the same. liddell ko over jackson and thats that...then no one else for liddell to beat. hopefully by then evans or bisping will be good enough to last a few rounds with chuck...

Post #24   3/18/07 2:04:40AM   

somethingclever

Learning to Sprawl

somethingclever Avatar

Career:169-84
Chips:
I think they should have given Rampage another warm up fight. Dana says in his interview with Greg Savage though that he thinks a guy like Rampage shouldn't need a warm up. It seems Dana is gonna make Rampage fight Chuck for his next fight in May (if Chuck recovers from his pneumonia in time).

This is funny though b/c Dana has no problem giving Cro Cop a series of warm up fights but he can't do the same for Rampage. I interpret this as illustrating that he wants to build CC up before fighting for the title b/c he wants CC to win the title. On the other hand he doesn't care to build up Rampage as much b/c I think he wants Rampage to lose. Of course it is no surprise that he wants his poster boy Liddell to win because if Liddell wins having avenged his only unavenged loss this really solidifies him as the premier LHW fighter. This also will add to the hype and hysteria of a Liddell Cro Cop match.

Post #25   3/18/07 6:06:32PM   

kerazzle

MMA Regular

kerazzle Avatar

Career:349-189
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:
imo I think he wants to build up his name in the U.S a bit more with a couple more fights. Build up his confidence.

Ad: FanDuel: Daily Fantasy Sports

Post #26   3/18/07 7:02:38PM   

roman

Standup Guy

roman Avatar

Career:679-391
Chips:

Posted by seeger1

I don't think Rampage deserves a shot at Chuck at the moment.Ever since his last Fight with The Axe Murderer,he doesn't look the same fighter.His heart doesn't appear to be there anymore.His fights have been deplorable.The only reason i want to see that fight,is to see Chuck do the guy a favor and knock him out.Someone needs to wake the old Rampage up.

Did you see his fight against Lindland???? He looked great in there encounter. Rampage will do fine against Liddell, I see him TKOing the champ to take the belt.

Post #27   3/18/07 11:07:06PM   

MMA

Pimpin

MMA Avatar

Career:672-349
Chips:
I saw Liddell winning this rematch but then he fell ill. I have no idea how much a toll this will take on his body. I really hope he comes prepared for a war because I am sure Jackson will bring it.

Post #28   3/18/07 11:32:06PM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:

Posted by allmotormark

i duno his last fight wasn't impressive against eastman , and really eastman is not a contender by any means...i am a rampage fan but realisticly his last fight on his contract will be against chuck if he wins his next match....but i just want someone to put up a good fight against chuck not necesarily win , but i'd like to see a good fight with chuck ...you know what i mean a real brawl....but it seems that chuck never lets that happen...

Keep in mind he was also nervous. For a guy with a reputation like his to defend it on the biggest fighting stage in the world, I'd say he did pretty well. He beat Eastman decisively. If Chuck manages to recover fully before their May bout, then I'll put my money on Chuck, but I honestly believe it will be a war and match of the night even without seeing the rest of the matches on the card.

Post #29   3/20/07 11:01:46AM   

whhh88

Learning to Sprawl

Career:97-88
Chips:
It's been said before, but if you know Rampage and has watched a majority of his interviews, you know he doesn't actually care who he fights, he has said time and time again he'd fight King Kong if he got paid. The reason Page wants to wait to fight Chuck isn't because he actually needs warmup fights, it's because he wants his cheddar.

Post #30   3/21/07 3:17:29PM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3