Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Who do you think is the Best at What They Do?

Print  
Best at what they do?
GSP 9 20%
Lebron James 1 2%
Tiger Woods 29 63%
Sidney Crosby 2 4%
Ladainian Tomlinson 1 2%
Other 4 9%
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

JukeboxJim

Learning to Sprawl

JukeboxJim Avatar

Career:878-665
Chips:

Posted by DJDark41

Sidney Crosby=Fail.
GSP=Fail.

Alex Ovechkin is much better then Crosby. In my eyes, not the eyes of a Penguin hater, but the eyes of a true hockey fan, Crosby is #4 in the NHL, behind Ovechkin, Datsyuk and Malkin. And I still think that Anderson Silva is way ahead of GSP in terms of whos the best. But, there isn't anyone who quite does it like Tiger does. No one can touch him, at all... Phelps is damn close though.

Datsyuk is probably the best overall two way forward in the league, but he's not the best player in the league, and I don't think I'd even have him as a top six player. Malkin isn't in that top echelon either, he's only played two seasons. Not to mention the guy's already got a stigma of flaking out from time to time.

Guys I'd say are better than Crosby are Ovechkin, Lidstrom, Lecavalier, and MAYBE Thornton.

Ad: FanDuel launches Mixup daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #16   8/21/08 4:57:20AM   

Aaronno9

King in the North

Aaronno9 Avatar

Career:798-457
Chips:

Posted by DJDark41

Sidney Crosby=Fail.
GSP=Fail.

Alex Ovechkin is much better then Crosby. In my eyes, not the eyes of a Penguin hater, but the eyes of a true hockey fan, Crosby is #4 in the NHL, behind Ovechkin, Datsyuk and Malkin. And I still think that Anderson Silva is way ahead of GSP in terms of whos the best. But, there isn't anyone who quite does it like Tiger does. No one can touch him, at all... Phelps is damn close though.

Nice Av

Post #17   8/21/08 6:56:18AM   

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Tiger easily, been number one for a combined total of 10 years.

and guys GSP?????

Fedor or Anderson Silva would be better representatives for MMA. i mean GSP lost to Serra not too long ago, why does everyone still forget that...

But Serra then turned around and lost to GSP.

Post #18   8/21/08 7:20:16AM   

DJDark41

MMA Sensei

DJDark41 Avatar

Career:363-219
Camp: The Pit
Chips:

Posted by Aaronno9

Posted by DJDark41

Sidney Crosby=Fail.
GSP=Fail.

Nice Av

Lost a bet, and I'm a man of my word.

When people say "better" or "the best", they look at offense, and point totals and goals and such. But what people fail to see, is that Datsyuk and Zetterberg were both very high on the points list AND were BOTH nominated for Defensive Forward of the Year. So, Malkin scores 20 more points or so then Datsyuk, but Datsyuk is MILES ahead of Malkin. Vinny and St. Loius were good back in the Stanley Cup days and are still good, but I don't think they are near they are top anymore. Thornton is definitly a player who is overlooked when it comes to the conversation of who is the best.

Post #19   8/21/08 1:30:09PM   

iwannabesedated

banned

iwannabesedated Avatar

Career:575-327
Chips:

Posted by DJDark41

Posted by Aaronno9

Posted by DJDark41

Sidney Crosby=Fail.
GSP=Fail.

Nice Av

When people say "better" or "the best", they look at offense, and point totals and goals and such. But what people fail to see, is that Datsyuk and Zetterberg were both very high on the points list AND were BOTH nominated for Defensive Forward of the Year. So, Malkin scores 20 more points or so then Datsyuk, but Datsyuk is MILES ahead of Malkin. Vinny and St. Loius were good back in the Stanley Cup days and are still good, but I don't think they are near they are top anymore. Thornton is definitly a player who is overlooked when it comes to the conversation of who is the best.

Yeah but I'll gurantee you Crosby and Malkin will have better career numbers by the end of their careers than Datsyuk,Zetterburg and Thornton.Everyone seems to forget Crosby is 20 and Malkin is 21.Their still kids hell the average penguins player isnt a day over 25 and they won the eastern conference last season.Both of them are still growing and they will be great 2 way players..so to the haters suck it up and get used to the Pens winning and Sid being the face of the NHL

DJDark pitches a tent everytime he gets to hate on Crosby.

Last edited 8/21/08 2:34PM server time by 40ouncetofreedom
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #20   8/21/08 2:25:10PM   

Bumpy

MMA Regular

Bumpy Avatar

Career:792-598
Chips:
I would have to say Tiger Woods, people that dont know any thing or even watch golf know who he is.

Post #21   8/28/08 4:30:17PM   

mkiv9secsupra

MMA Sensei

mkiv9secsupra Avatar

Career:1,051-706
Chips:
well you have to be athletic to be an athlete so that rules out Tiger.....

Post #22   8/28/08 4:47:15PM   

DJDark41

MMA Sensei

DJDark41 Avatar

Career:363-219
Camp: The Pit
Chips:

Posted by 40ouncetofreedom

Posted by DJDark41

Posted by Aaronno9

Posted by DJDark41

Sidney Crosby=Fail.
GSP=Fail.

Nice Av

Yeah but I'll gurantee you Crosby and Malkin will have better career numbers by the end of their careers than Datsyuk,Zetterburg and Thornton.Everyone seems to forget Crosby is 20 and Malkin is 21.Their still kids hell the average penguins player isnt a day over 25 and they won the eastern conference last season.Both of them are still growing and they will be great 2 way players..so to the haters suck it up and get used to the Pens winning and Sid being the face of the NHL

If by "pitches a tent," you mean "gets to express his not so humble but correct opinion," then your absolutely correct. It just disgusts me how people think they know about hockey, and try to tell me Sidney Crosby is the best player in the NHL. And the only reason they know ANYTHING about the NHL is cause they saw ESPN jump on the nut-hugging train that Sidney is pulling.

But, I'm not even going to continue this argument. Its just like arguing music with people. Some people just refuse to get out of their ways and consider another opinion. BUT, if your ever REALLY interested in the next Great One, google John Tavares. He'll be making Sidney Crosby seem like a 3rd liner when in a few years. Unfortunately for him, he's going to some craphole like Phoenix, L.A, or the Islanders.

Post #23   8/28/08 8:25:50PM   

iwannabesedated

banned

iwannabesedated Avatar

Career:575-327
Chips:

Posted by DJDark41

Posted by 40ouncetofreedom

Posted by DJDark41

Posted by Aaronno9

Posted by DJDark41

Sidney Crosby=Fail.
GSP=Fail.

Nice Av

If by "pitches a tent," you mean "gets to express his not so humble but correct opinion," then your absolutely correct. It just disgusts me how people think they know about hockey, and try to tell me Sidney Crosby is the best player in the NHL. And the only reason they know ANYTHING about the NHL is cause they saw ESPN jump on the nut-hugging train that Sidney is pulling.

But, I'm not even going to continue this argument. Its just like arguing music with people. Some people just refuse to get out of their ways and consider another opinion. BUT, if your ever REALLY interested in the next Great One, google John Tavares. He'll be making Sidney Crosby seem like a 3rd liner when in a few years. Unfortunately for him, he's going to some craphole like Phoenix, L.A, or the Islanders.

I really dont think there is a such thing of having a "Correct Opinion" that would substitute as a fact.Its always opinion when it comes to debating who is the best at something.Sure you could back up your "Opinion" by facts....but saying your opinion is correct is an opinion....

And assuming im some espn bandwagon reader ..

Last edited 8/28/08 8:46PM server time by 40ouncetofreedom
Edit note/reason: n/a
3 total post edits

Post #24   8/28/08 8:41:55PM   

superfan

Learning to Sprawl

superfan Avatar

Career:55-25
Camp: Junkie Fighting Championships
Chips:
Even though I hate to say it Dastyuk and Zetterberg are probly the two best players in the game because they are great on ofense and defense and some other players who are close are thorton,phaneuf,ignlia,

Post #25   9/2/08 12:43:35AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2