Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Rampage vs. Wandy 3

Print  
Wandy vs. Rampage
Wandy ko/tko 33 65%
wandy decision 2 4%
wandy submission 0 0%
rampage ko/tko 11 22%
rampage decision 4 8%
rampage submission 1 2%
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Jason-plata

MMA Regular

Jason-plata Avatar

Career:39-34
Chips:
WOW.. All of this negativity for Rampage...
Rampage by TKO/Ko in the 2nd round.. This fight will not last that long. Rampage knows whats on the table, he has been on top and is not and will not loose.. This loss will cost him too much.. Maybe it is alot of wishful thinking but history teaches us that you cant be on top forever.. Maybe the third time will be a charm for Rampage...

Ad: FanDuel: Daily Fantasy Sports

Post #16   8/18/08 1:26:35PM   

ziegler3334

Standup Guy

ziegler3334 Avatar

Career:547-284
Chips:
I hope this fight happens. It'll be a very exciting match-up. Although Rampage has definitely improved since the last time they fought, I'd have to take Wandy. His attack will be too much for jackson. Either 2nd round TKO or UD for Silva.

Post #17   8/18/08 8:24:57PM   

mikevolz

Standup Guy

mikevolz Avatar

Career:183-111
Camp: The Stedman Effect
Chips:

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by Dooletchetoreh

I will never understand all this talk of Wandy dominating Rampage. It is so far from the truth. Sometimes I wonder what fights people are watching. Their is no way you cannot watch those fights and see that Rampage was winning both times, and Pride politics had it stood up and they where tailoring the match for Wandy to win. How can you not see that friends? And you add the fact of non drug testing in Japan, as well as Rampage being under poor coaching at that point. I am not saying Rampage will easily win. But I am picking him to win, and if those fights where fought fair at the very least it would have been closer, if not Rampage winning.

1.Wandy has fought lots of times in the US and never once tested positive for steroids, and to imply such is disrespectful to say the least.

2. Rampage is STILL under poor coaching. Ibarra is crap and thats all there is to it. Wanderlei has moved on to a team perfect for beating Rampage in Xtreme Couture.

3. It's been clear in both fights that Wanderlei has all the tools to beat Jackson. Rampage cant do much of anything on the ground but maybe land a few good shots and on the feet he only has that one punch knockout power to try and beat Wandy. And now Rampage will have in the back of his mind the fact that he got brutaly KO'd byt this guy and will be hesitant, and open up opportunites for Wanderlei.

you do know you can stop doing steroids temporarily

check wanderlei's record when he is tested for steroids... (hint, its not very good)

check the cro cop wand II fight. wanderlei weighed in over cro cop. and look at how ripped he was.

Look at wanderlei now (check the jardine fight, and the rock paper scissors thing with rich franklin) he is clearly 10-15 lbs smaller, than his prime.

and all the talk about moving down to 185. last time i checked, making a person who weighs (or did weigh in at ) 230+ at fight time (implying 240+ walking around weight) cut down to 185 is a little on this side of improbable.

its clear as day.

Last edited 8/18/08 8:35PM server time by mikevolz
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #18   8/18/08 8:33:44PM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:
I am really pumped for this fight. this is the fight that will put Wandy on the map for American casual fans. he is getting up there in years but he still has time for one last run. a 3rd win over Rampage will put him in line for a title shot or a potential rematch with Chuck. the way i see it Wandy just has Rampage's number much like Chuck has Tito's. i believe that Wandy will be able to find the KO late in the second round. maybe Rampage will be able to fight off the clinch this time around, but i have a feeling Wandy will unleash yet another knee festival on Rampage's face and end it with a right hook in the second.

Post #19   8/18/08 8:47:08PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2