Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Matt Hughes Not Impressed with GSP’s Performance

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Jason-plata

MMA Regular

Jason-plata Avatar

Career:39-34
Chips:
Well... I think he did better against Fitch than he did against Hughes...
If hughes would have been on the recieving end of what Fitch got it would have been over in the 1st rd. again. I think Fitch would handle Matts a$$.....

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #16   8/12/08 12:58:06PM   

crushedbacon

In Full Mount

crushedbacon Avatar

Career:868-562
Camp: West Coast Canada
Chips:
Just Hughes bitterness as he watches his career wind down. Leaves during Fight of the Night? Yeah cuz watching brock hump hearing like a bear for 15 minutes was much more exciting. Hughes realized now how far he is from being a contender. GSP beat him like he was a child and watching Fitch battle GSP like he did makes Hughes sick I bet. I just hope Serra smashes him like Alves did and then he can head back to the farm for good. Matt Hughes is not a top 5 welterweight anymore. The games evolved, go wrestle a bail! Peace.

Post #17   8/12/08 2:04:05PM   

nastshabast

Banned

Career:337-191
Chips:
Too many warnings for me to give my genuine opinion so i'll give ya this.

Fighter bash fighter bash hate hate loser fighter bash.

Post #18   8/12/08 2:10:55PM   

jay98107

MMA Sensei

jay98107 Avatar

Career:5,103-3,094
Camp: TKO
Chips:
Has he watched his last four fights? I wonder how impressed he is with those...

Post #19   8/12/08 2:14:32PM   

nastshabast

Banned

Chips:

Posted by Rush

Some posts in this thread are dangerously close to crossing the line of fighter bashing. Just watch what you say and how you say it. I would suggest that some of you read over your posts and edit them accordingly before warnings are dished out.

thanks

Like he doesn't have these one's coming.

Post #20   8/12/08 2:27:17PM   

MikeyG

Standup Guy

MikeyG Avatar

Career:223-140
Chips:
Fitch would absolutly tool Matt, just look at how Matt has done against GSP and look at how much better Fitch did. Maybe Matt should beat a top 10 before talking anymore smack about "not being impressed" trying to steal GSP line.

Post #21   8/12/08 2:28:57PM   

jocka

In Full Mount

jocka Avatar

Career:237-170
Chips:
I think matt hugues is hilarious, he is just trying to piss off people by saying that and as far as i can see its working so... but at this point in his carrer he should just stop talking crap about other fighters since he is not able to back up anything he says with fighting skills anymore

Post #22   8/12/08 2:32:12PM   

Wolfenstein

Heavyweight Champ

Wolfenstein Avatar

Career:1,304-730
Chips:
He just doesn't care about MMA anymore. I don't understand how you can be in this sport and not be a huge fan. The more disinterested he gets, the better Matt Serra's odds look.

I will agree with one point though. GSP vs Fitch wasn't the most exciting fight. I was shocked that it was fight of the night. I felt like Huerta vs Kenny was more exciting and certainly more competetive.

I was impressed with GSP though. He continues to batter other fighters who have top notch wrestling bases. I would like to see him fight someone who matches up a little better though. A guy with some good striking and world class jiu-jitsu would be awesome. Unfortunately while there are some great strikers, there really isn't anyone with top-notch jiu jitsu. A lot of guys with good jiu jitsu like Diego Sanchez (but he hasn't submitted anyone in 4 years). Just no one on the level of Demian Maia (as far as jiu jitsu) but not many are.

Submissions in general seem to be on the decline, especially guys that submit people regularly from their back.

Post #23   8/12/08 2:58:58PM   

JWils

Standup Guy

JWils Avatar

Career:1,467-773
Chips:
I'm a big Hughes fan and he is entitled to his opinion but man, if he's not impressed with GSP then I'm not sure who can impress him? I think Matt needs to stay away from the blogs.

The Fitch/GSP fight is one of my favorites just due to how much heart Fitch displayed. I still can not believe he got up after that GSP hook in the 3rd round that sent his snot into the next state.....

Post #24   8/12/08 3:52:34PM   

lordicast

MMA Regular

lordicast Avatar

Career:300-205
Camp: Boxing Is Dead
Chips:
Hughes is still the greatest WW of all time reguardless of what he says its his actions in the ring that determines this. I dont like hughes but RESPECT

Post #25   8/12/08 5:11:35PM   

crushedbacon

In Full Mount

crushedbacon Avatar

Career:868-562
Camp: West Coast Canada
Chips:
GSP is the greatest welterweight of all time. Any other answer just doesn't logistically make any sense.
GSP dominated Hughes twice. DOMINATED.....you can't be the greatest welterweight of all time and have another dude from your generation kill you like that twice, come on.
You can argue Hughes has a record of blah blah blah. It doesn't matter Hughes beat a lot of guys, some tough competition 4 sure.
He also padded his record fighting guys that were no where near his level for many years. Jon Fitch is better right now than Matt Hughes has ever been at any point in his life. Also.......

RESPECT is a two way street. It's not automatic.

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #26   8/12/08 6:23:31PM   

nastshabast

Banned

Chips:

Posted by lordicast

Hughes is still the greatest WW of all time reguardless of what he says its his actions in the ring that determines this. I dont like hughes but RESPECT

lol not for long

Post #27   8/12/08 6:24:32PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2