Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Report: Silva vs. Cote to headline UFC 90 in Chicago Cote Starts trash talk

Print  
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

Gannon

MMA Regular

Gannon Avatar

Career:2,198-1,194
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I can't blame the UFC for setting up this fight. Silva has steam rolled the whole division. That said...its kinda hard to get excited for this one.

Post #16   7/27/08 11:37:16PM   

Bowen50

The Talent

Bowen50 Avatar

Career:1,098-650
Chips:
well SIlva took Travis Lutter failing to make weight as disrespect and we all saw what happened there. i can't even imagine what Silva has planned for Cote. Round 1 KO due to one of the most epic thai clinches the world has ever seen.

Post #17   7/27/08 11:46:49PM   

masodd

BANNED

masodd Avatar

Career:283-181
Chips:
WOW! I can't believe cote is disrespecting anderson like that didn't he see what he did to leben i mean come on anderson is dominating when u don't run your mouth but when you do he just turns it up to destroy you and cote just wrote his own death wish. Anderson by tko within the first 3 minutes

Post #18   7/28/08 12:00:09AM   

FrankTheTank1181

Standup Guy

FrankTheTank1181 Avatar

Career:1,487-880
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:
Someone needs to pinch Cote, because he is obviously dreaming.

Post #19   7/28/08 12:02:39AM   

ChokeUout

In Full Mount

ChokeUout Avatar

Career:446-268
Chips:
Yeah, this is probably the stupidest thing Cote Could do. They should call this event "UFC 90: MANSLAUGHTER".

Yeah, cote sounds confident, but when are people gonna learn that being confident doesn't matter if your gameplan is to go and strike with him? YOur not gonna beat silva on the feet, and it's become alot harder to beat him on the ground too. Silva is light years ahead of Cote in both areas.

This actually makes Silva/Irvin look like an even match-up. But then again, why not get it? It's worth it to see Diego/Thiago, plus an addition to the ANderson Silva Highlight reel. Plus, Assuming GSP beats fitch and Fitch doesn't get his 9th straight win, Silva will be going to try to tie the most consecutive wins to start a UFC Career, held by Royce Gracie and Fitch. So yeah, still buy it, there ARE reasons too. PPlus, Dana and Joe silva are prolly stack this card being the first in the Chicago market, to assure they return.

Post #20   7/28/08 12:51:15AM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:
So everyone's writing Cote off? I don't think he's a good style match up for Anderson but it really bothers me when people say "so and so is dead, he has no chance". I mean what is Cote supposed to do, say he has no chance, walk in there and tap out right away? It's a title fight and you can't avoid talking about it so he myswell say " I do this well and I will win".

Post #21   7/28/08 1:09:16AM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,615-1,389
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
cote,
you couldn't even knock out a guy who had no stand up game and was exhausted
barely got by that split decision
what makes you think you will beat silva, is stand up is as good as his ground game

Post #22   7/28/08 1:22:08AM   

DaMaGeInC

MMA Regular

DaMaGeInC Avatar

Career:1,259-823
Camp: Team Topaz
Chips:
wow cote has some balls for that one. this is gonna hurt dude

Post #23   7/28/08 1:26:21AM   

jakkster

Learning to Sprawl

Career:29-16
Chips:

Posted by cmill21

So everyone's writing Cote off? I don't think he's a good style match up for Anderson but it really bothers me when people say "so and so is dead, he has no chance". I mean what is Cote supposed to do, say he has no chance, walk in there and tap out right away? It's a title fight and you can't avoid talking about it so he myswell say " I do this well and I will win".

wow... 1st post I agree with in this whole thread...

all I see is a bunch of Anderson Silva nuthuggers... and I bet if Cote happens to win... we're bound to see a thread saying it was a fluke and luck...

who else in the MW division deserves it? oh and people expect someone to just implant Okami with a robotic arm? shit the guy got injured and now Cote leapfrogged him to a titleshot...

as much talking as he's doing... it's to sell tickets and put more of a hype to the fight.. this is MMA... upsets happens. GSP seemed unstoppable during his title run... and look what happened... I have a feeling that it's possible in this situation also...

war COTE!

Post #24   7/28/08 2:00:40AM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:

Posted by jakkster

as much talking as he's doing... it's to sell tickets and put more of a hype to the fight.. this is MMA... upsets happens. GSP seemed unstoppable during his title run... and look what happened... I have a feeling that it's possible in this situation also...

war COTE!

GSP didn't have a title run...he doesn't have 1 defense to his name.

i do agree with your point, however, it is one thing to hype the fight but what he is saying is ridiculous and i was merely calling him on it. the most appropriate comparison you an use for your argument is Arlovski before he lost the title to Sylvia...people thought the man could beat Fedor in one round, funny how quickly things change.

Post #25   7/28/08 2:06:02AM   

tdietel01

Standup Guy

tdietel01 Avatar

Career:83-44
Camp: OHIO TOP TEAM
Chips:
I wish fighters would keep theyre mouth shut and fight! you dont need to hype up a fight with the spider, people will watch no matter what. sure cote has a punchers chance. but it's as likely as the raiders going into new england and beating the pats!?!? this just makes cote look like an ass and when he loses he is gonna look like a dumbass!

Post #26   7/28/08 5:40:33AM   

Aaronno9

King in the North

Aaronno9 Avatar

Career:798-457
Chips:
I think its cool patrick is so confident. I dont think he stands much of a chance, but hes going to make a better fight out of it if he comes out swinging as per rather than sitting back hoping to not get hit and counter punch.

Post #27   7/28/08 8:27:01AM   

Gipper

RIP Evan Tanner 1971-2008

Gipper Avatar

Career:214-126
Chips:

Posted by prozacnation1978

cote,
what makes you think you will beat silva, is stand up is as good as his ground game

do you know who ricardo almeida is. one slip up and cote's night would have been over. thats all it takes for ricardo to slap on some sort of sub. cote did what he had to do against one of the top submission fighters in mma today.

Post #28   7/28/08 10:00:50AM   

Gipper

RIP Evan Tanner 1971-2008

Gipper Avatar

Career:214-126
Chips:

Posted by jakkster

Posted by cmill21

wow... 1st post I agree with in this whole thread...

all I see is a bunch of Anderson Silva nuthuggers... and I bet if Cote happens to win... we're bound to see a thread saying it was a fluke and luck...

who else in the MW division deserves it? oh and people expect someone to just implant Okami with a robotic arm? shit the guy got injured and now Cote leapfrogged him to a titleshot...

war COTE!

nice work gentlemen.

Post #29   7/28/08 10:02:57AM   

cj_striker

MMA Regular

cj_striker Avatar

Career:341-252
Camp: Crucible Fighting Systems
Chips:

Posted by Gipper

Posted by prozacnation1978

cote,

do you know who ricardo almeida is. one slip up and cote's night would have been over. thats all it takes for ricardo to slap on some sort of sub. cote did what he had to do against one of the top submission fighters in mma today.

Completely agree, I couldn't believe that Almeida lost to Cote, but as you said he did what he had to do. But with that said I still think Almeida would fair better against Anderson after Almeida has had a few more fights to get back in the swing of things. But you can't fault Cote for being confident, as was said before what's he supposed to do, just go in there thinking he is going to lose, no true MMA fighter can have that mentality.

Post #30   7/28/08 11:07:59AM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3