Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

New Fedor interview

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

kerazzle

MMA Regular

kerazzle Avatar

Career:349-189
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:
Fedor is used to freedom and he loves sambo, he is russia's main representative for sambo and he isn't going to stop competing in it just so he can fight in the UFC. M1 gives him the freedom to fight anywhere.

Ad: FanDuel: Daily Fantasy Football, MLB, NBA, NHL Leagues for cash | FanDuel

Post #16   12/12/07 4:51:43PM   

wapttn

MMeh?

wapttn Avatar

Career:254-148
Chips:
you guys are both absolutely right, M-1 gives him whatever freedom he wants with respect to fighting because cross-promotional fighting would be the only way to find any respectable competition for fedor (we all see how thats going). If m-1 had the calibre of fighters that the ufc had then there would probably be and exclusivity clause in their contract too. I guess we cant be sure, but I think that the ufc deal would've paid fedor more than he's making now. The ufc's contract was 8mil over 4 fights, and likely would've included a signing bonus and ppv income.. global has deep pockets, but for them to pay that much, without the platform and competition to create a big draw, they'd likely lose money. I for one will probably not pay to see fedor fight choi, monson, or rizzo.

From my understanding, people fight for the ufc because of better paydays, higher level of competition, more exposure, and likely better sponsorship deals. Very few fighters fight for a different organization because the other organization pays them better.. there are exceptions, but I think its safe to say thats a general rule. If you're an elite fighter, you plateau in other organizations quickly, as we've all seen in the last year, its hard to stay at the top in the ufc so for those fighters who are true competitors, the ufc is the place to be. Most other organizations offer more freedom to their fighters in terms of exclusivity because otherwise, they would sign with the ufc.

For the record, i'm not gonna be able to find a link, but I think the ufc agreed to sambo, but wouldnt agree to copromote events in russia with m-1.

Post #17   12/12/07 5:40:35PM   

allmotormark

MMA Regular

allmotormark Avatar

Career:1,035-549
Chips:
this fight can't happen unless fedor is a ufc fighter , the problem is if he comes and fights randy and wins then he is the ufc champ...can't have a ufc champ that isn't in the ufc....that is the stunbling block, ....but really he was gonna get a chunk of money to fight 4 times...i mean whatever his problem was he could have let it go for 4 fights what is that max 2 years.... i think there must be something else that knowbody knows about ....something "under the table" that m-1 offered him....

Post #18   12/12/07 6:11:06PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:

Posted by wapttn

you guys are both absolutely right, M-1 gives him whatever freedom he wants with respect to fighting because cross-promotional fighting would be the only way to find any respectable competition for fedor (we all see how thats going). If m-1 had the calibre of fighters that the ufc had then there would probably be and exclusivity clause in their contract too.
For the record, i'm not gonna be able to find a link, but I think the ufc agreed to sambo, but wouldnt agree to copromote events in russia with m-1.

I agree with some, but he wants to build the sport in Russia, the way your talking it's like he's not getting sponsership from US companies anyways, Affliction has him sponsored, not sure who else, also if he signs with the UFC his sponsorships in Japan may have suffered, since they don't have a tv deal in japan. Also as it was said, Fedor had a contract with the UFC that he was ready to sign, but when it arrived things were changed, apperently this was the straw that broke the camels back.

Post #19   12/12/07 6:43:58PM   

Darnok

Heavyweight Chump

Darnok Avatar

Career:1,503-1,200
Camp: The Puddle
Chips:

Posted by Jujiden

Posted by Darnok

Posted by tuvok500

Wanderley Silva comment about Fedor !!!

Q: That’s an interesting comment about how important the UFC belt is to you. What do you think about Fedor Emelianenko’s choice not to fight in the UFC?

WS: He’s crazy . I don’t know why the guy doesn’t want to fight here. These are the best events. This is the biggest promotion. The guy could be a symbol here. He could have money for the rest of his life. He could do well with the promotion, with sponsors, with commercials, and many other possibilities. Japan is a good market, but the US is different. The American fans love the fighters. Everyday, people come up to me in the street. He needs to come to the UFC.

Fedor can talk , but at the end , he chose the easy ways, now his credibility is close to 0 !!

I so totally agree. Fedor is the one that turned down an awesome offer from Dana. How can Fedor say that Dana isn't allowing it. Why would Dana want Randy to go to a two bit org to fight where no one gets to watch it anyway.

I am sorry, but I can no longer believe Fedor when he says he wants to fight the best. I think he wants to get his win record even higher so that he can be a big star in Russia. I say Big Deal. Let him, we can all forget that he is even alaive and put someone else at the top of the HW list.

That's about as narrow-minded as you can get. Please. It's funny how when Randy makes a decision to leave UFC he's considered a free thinker and one to be admired, but when Fedor doesn't want to go with the UFC for many of the same reasons that Randy left he's considered scared and as one who takes the easy way out. Randy and Fedor are both top notch fighters who have half a brain to not get caught up inthe drama that is Dana White. Inconsistency is defined in Dana and while I give him props for growing the sport, he remains inconsistent with many of the things he says. If he tells media and fans that the HBO deal is pretty much sealed and that Fedor is pretty much signed and then doesn't deliver, how much more does he feed his fighters a load of bull. Randy saw it and left. Fedor saw it and didn't join up. Don't be a sucker and think for one second that anyone knows what its like to be in either of those fighters shoes when both are purported to be the best in the world.

I will not reply back to your ignorant comments about me. I would hate to see these awesome forums turn into a Sherdog rerun. I like the fact that on these forums we express our views and not have someone slander us for them.

The majority of the top fighters are in the UFC, so if you say you want to fight the top guys then you go to the UFC, not some small org your manager is in bed with. Take for instance Vitor, he is no where near as good as Fedor yet when he says he wants to fight the best he goes knocking on the doors of the UFC.

And yes I agree Dana comes across as a sleaze, but come on, so does every other business person who is trying to make billions and compete with other businesses. Look at everyone's opinion of Windows, they are the top dog but every one hates the brand, why, because they always feel sorry for the little guy that didn't make it.

I mean look at what the UFC spent to buy Pride in order to get the top guys together. Yes they had other motives (making money) as well, but they tried hard to sign all of the top fighters from Pride.

I do like the comments regarding Fedors manager being more to blame then anyone else but why can't he fire this idiot and hire a real manager.

You can't tell me that fedors manager was thinking "I will start up M-1 so the best fighters can fight each other" No he was thinking "Money Money". Just like Dana, they just have different stories to tell.

Post #20   12/12/07 7:43:35PM   

wapttn

MMeh?

wapttn Avatar

Career:254-148
Chips:

Posted by cmill21

I agree with some, but he wants to build the sport in Russia, the way your talking it's like he's not getting sponsership from US companies anyways, Affliction has him sponsored, not sure who else, also if he signs with the UFC his sponsorships in Japan may have suffered, since they don't have a tv deal in japan. Also as it was said, Fedor had a contract with the UFC that he was ready to sign, but when it arrived things were changed, apperently this was the straw that broke the camels back.

I think that was the big selling point for fedor, his manager plugged him with ideas of building the sport in russia as opposed to going to america and making the ufc richer. The doode is a patriot and you cant hate him for that. I remember reading about how the contract was different when it arrived, but this wasnt confirmed or even acknowledged by any other source, could've been a misunderstanding, could've been bs from either side.. who knows. But like someone mentioned earlier, would it be too much to ask for fedor to make a bit of a compromise for 2 years? I think that the ufc would've gone to russia once a year because of how big a draw fedor would get. A ufc card once per year in russia would probably do a better job of building the sport than m-1 would having fedor fight a side show and an old man outside russia. Does m-1 even have an event planned for russia yet?

Post #21   12/12/07 8:24:01PM   

allmotormark

MMA Regular

allmotormark Avatar

Career:1,035-549
Chips:
i totally agree ^

Post #22   12/12/07 8:43:49PM   

Jujiden

MMA Regular

Jujiden Avatar

Career:263-145
Camp: Jujiden MMA
Chips:

Posted by Darnok

Posted by Jujiden

Posted by Darnok

Posted by tuvok500

Wanderley Silva comment about Fedor !!!

Q: That’s an interesting comment about how important the UFC belt is to you. What do you think about Fedor Emelianenko’s choice not to fight in the UFC?

WS: He’s crazy . I don’t know why the guy doesn’t want to fight here. These are the best events. This is the biggest promotion. The guy could be a symbol here. He could have money for the rest of his life. He could do well with the promotion, with sponsors, with commercials, and many other possibilities. Japan is a good market, but the US is different. The American fans love the fighters. Everyday, people come up to me in the street. He needs to come to the UFC.

Fedor can talk , but at the end , he chose the easy ways, now his credibility is close to 0 !!

I so totally agree. Fedor is the one that turned down an awesome offer from Dana. How can Fedor say that Dana isn't allowing it. Why would Dana want Randy to go to a two bit org to fight where no one gets to watch it anyway.

I am sorry, but I can no longer believe Fedor when he says he wants to fight the best. I think he wants to get his win record even higher so that he can be a big star in Russia. I say Big Deal. Let him, we can all forget that he is even alaive and put someone else at the top of the HW list.

That's about as narrow-minded as you can get. Please. It's funny how when Randy makes a decision to leave UFC he's considered a free thinker and one to be admired, but when Fedor doesn't want to go with the UFC for many of the same reasons that Randy left he's considered scared and as one who takes the easy way out. Randy and Fedor are both top notch fighters who have half a brain to not get caught up inthe drama that is Dana White. Inconsistency is defined in Dana and while I give him props for growing the sport, he remains inconsistent with many of the things he says. If he tells media and fans that the HBO deal is pretty much sealed and that Fedor is pretty much signed and then doesn't deliver, how much more does he feed his fighters a load of bull. Randy saw it and left. Fedor saw it and didn't join up. Don't be a sucker and think for one second that anyone knows what its like to be in either of those fighters shoes when both are purported to be the best in the world.

I will not reply back to your ignorant comments about me. I would hate to see these awesome forums turn into a Sherdog rerun. I like the fact that on these forums we express our views and not have someone slander us for them.

The majority of the top fighters are in the UFC, so if you say you want to fight the top guys then you go to the UFC, not some small org your manager is in bed with. Take for instance Vitor, he is no where near as good as Fedor yet when he says he wants to fight the best he goes knocking on the doors of the UFC.

And yes I agree Dana comes across as a sleaze, but come on, so does every other business person who is trying to make billions and compete with other businesses. Look at everyone's opinion of Windows, they are the top dog but every one hates the brand, why, because they always feel sorry for the little guy that didn't make it.

I mean look at what the UFC spent to buy Pride in order to get the top guys together. Yes they had other motives (making money) as well, but they tried hard to sign all of the top fighters from Pride.

I do like the comments regarding Fedors manager being more to blame then anyone else but why can't he fire this idiot and hire a real manager.

You can't tell me that fedors manager was thinking "I will start up M-1 so the best fighters can fight each other" No he was thinking "Money Money". Just like Dana, they just have different stories to tell.

Sorry you feel that it's slander to make a point about your opinion. If I was going to slander you it would be blatantly obvious. My view of your opinion, however, remains the same, it's narrow-minded in light of the grand scope of the issue. I have no beef with you that I would have to slander you, but I have a right to disagree with you and say that the reason I do is because I feel you're being narrow-minded about the issue. Don't worry. This won't turn into a Sherdg forum regardless if you're wearing your heart on your sleeve or not everytime someone points out why they disagree with you. If I called you a slanderous name, that would be a different issue, but come on, don't take yourself so seriously. And have a nice day.

Post #23   12/12/07 10:42:15PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2