Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

UFC 78 "Validation" - 17th NOVEMBER - Fight Card Discussion

Print  
What will be Fight of the Night?
Bisping VS Rashad 26 19%
Fisher VS Edgar 66 49%
Parisyan VS Lombard 19 14%
Terrell VS Herman 6 4%
None of the above 19 14%
  Page 2 of 6     1     2     3     4     5   >>
Posted By Message

LexLossis

Learning to Sprawl

LexLossis Avatar

Career:290-196
Chips:

Posted by CornishMMA

with most of what you posted except for -

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Houston Alexander & Thiago Silva would HANDS DOWN be fight of the ngiht because there both explosive and deadly strikers and the last haymaker will win. Will be a GREAT FIGHT!!!

I refused to add this one to the poll becuase there is no chance it will be imho, Thiago can fight longer than 1 minute so he will win, it wont last that long tho cos i can only imagine how bad Houstons gastank will be come round 2, he nearly blew Rogans mic away with his huffing and puffing FFS!

I don't know if you've ever whooped someone's ass with HARD EFFECTIVE BLOWS, but it does take energy from you.

Post #16   10/4/07 9:37:10PM   

jgordon85

MMA Regular

jgordon85 Avatar

Career:1,755-1,161
Camp: Team Twisted
Chips:

Posted by thepunisher

UMMM no

i am not paying for either of the 2 next UFC cards they are bad

i agree. they are robbing us of our money and time it feels like. the match's that i want to see probably wont even make the ppv. and you pay 40$ for like four fights five if you are lucky.

Post #17   10/4/07 11:57:12PM   

gravy13

Standup Guy

gravy13 Avatar

Career:347-224
Chips:
I would rather see Evans fight Bisping than Tito. Tito's last couple of fights made me feel like this--->

Post #18   10/5/07 1:11:06AM   

taz3423

Learning to Sprawl

Career:1,911-1,115
Chips:
I think this card is going to be a fun card to watch. It has a feel of an older fight night card but it will be fun to watch I believe.

Rashad/Bisping has potential. If this fight was taking place before 73 people would be more excited than now. But it is what it is. Tito is in a contract dispute and Hamill should wait until he's full strength to fight Bisping again and beat him again. Take this fight for what its worth.
Edgar/Fisher - FOTY Potential. I think this will be an interesting fight. Edgar is an awesome wrestler with improving striking. Fisher is a Sprawl and Brawl Fighter and always brings a tough fight. These guys both had fight of the year candidates and look to prove their spots in the LW division.
Silva/Alexander - A guaranteed KO. Alexander has looked great in his past two fights. Silva's last fight with Drwal was a war. But he looked real sloppy and gassd. I don't think this fight should last past the 1st round anyways.
Karo/Lombard - Who's Judo throws are the best? We should find out during this fight. I think Karo is more well rounded and should TKO Lombard. Who doesn't love Karo fights?
Alves/Chonan - I hope this makes the main card. Alves is one of the better WW prospects and Chonan is making his UFC debut.
Gono/McCrory - Another UFC Debut. I hope Gono's entrance makes the main card. A good fight though. McCrory was impressive in his debut and is a good prospect. Gono is a good fighter.
Terrell/Herman - I am not a Ed Herman fan but It is intriguing to see David Terrell back fighting. I'm hoping this stays on the under card so we can see either Alves or Gono fight on the main card.
Lauzon/Reinhardt - Lauzon is one of the up and comers and had a good outing last time against Melendez at TUF 5 Finale. Good to see him fight again. Also good to finally see Reinhardt make his debut. Could be a war. Reinhardt has a great record but is an undersized 155er (he usually fights at 135). I am excited to see Lauzon fight again.

Post #19   10/5/07 11:48:19AM   

TNunley

Belt Contender

TNunley Avatar

Career:120-77
Camp: Team Arse Kickers
Chips:

Posted by taz3423
Rashad/Bisping has potential. If this fight was taking place before 73 people would be more excited than now. But it is what it is. Tito is in a contract dispute and Hamill should wait until he's full strength to fight Bisping again and beat him again. Take this fight for what its worth.

Agreed. I'm certain they are doing this to send a clear message to Tito.

Posted by taz3423
Silva/Alexander - A guaranteed KO. Alexander has looked great in his past two fights. Silva's last fight with Drwal was a war. But he looked real sloppy and gassd. I don't think this fight should last past the 1st round anyways.

You better knock on wood that you don't jinx that. Look what happened with the Liddell/Jardine fight after everyone knew it was going to be one or the other getting knocked out.

Posted by taz3423
Karo/Lombard - Who's Judo throws are the best? We should find out during this fight. I think Karo is more well rounded and should TKO Lombard. Who doesn't love Karo fights?

Definitely Bro... Bro,...Karo has the Uni-Bro (unibrow/bro) advantage, Bro. And Karo's Judo, Bro,... crazy stuff, Bro.

Post #20   10/5/07 12:10:00PM   

Tuchek

Learning to Sprawl

Tuchek Avatar

Career:394-276
Camp: Never Submit
Chips:
I am very dissappointed with this card. They dont have a real Main Event. I was hoping to see BJ on this card. But hey, there really hasnt been a bad card this year. Alot of upsets happend. So, I will still drop the 40, but I just hope to see some good fights.

Post #21   10/5/07 3:37:55PM   

MikeBillotto

Banned

Career:120-79
Chips:
I think Houston Alexander shouldve fought Rashad....

but whatever im going to this

i hate bisping i hope he gets his ass kicked while im therre

Post #22   10/5/07 8:48:26PM   

kevietre

Belt Contender

kevietre Avatar

Career:666-468
Chips:
Theres a lot at steak in this card. If Karo wants a title shot he has to win this fight. He's coming off a big win aGainst Burkman and it seems like everytime he gets a run going he loses like when he did to Sanchez. If he loses this fight he will be overlooked in the welterweight title contention after Hughes vs. Serra.

Edgar is stepping up in competiton big time as well.

And the main event sucks. Neither one of these guys will get a title shot no matter what happens in the fight.

Post #23   10/7/07 2:08:07AM   

Raiderz757

MMA Regular

Raiderz757 Avatar

Career:168-130
Chips:
doesnt look that interesting but ill still watch

Post #24   10/7/07 4:06:35PM   

MaxUFC

Learning to Sprawl

MaxUFC Avatar

Career:1,624-1,318
Chips:
Anyone think this UFC 78 is not best ones = need go to 101 MMA class. I likes these match up.

Maybe skip order PPV to same money for Xmas stuffs?

Post #25   10/7/07 8:26:02PM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:

Posted by kevietre

Theres a lot at steak in this card. If Karo wants a title shot he has to win this fight. He's coming off a big win aGainst Burkman and it seems like everytime he gets a run going he loses like when he did to Sanchez. If he loses this fight he will be overlooked in the welterweight title contention after Hughes vs. Serra.

your right when u say he has to win this fight...but i think he should have to fight a bigger name then lombard, no offense to him, its just that theres more to lose with this fight than to win. if karo wins, then nothing is different, if he loses, then he drops pretty far. karo is gonna win this fight, and when he does he should fight fitch and kos should face sanchez for a rematch, hopefully it wont be boring this time

as for houston, i'm excited any time i even see him on the card, so his opponent isn't really a big issue for me. i feel that his next fight should be with a big name like griffin or even rematch him with jardine.

My opinion on bisping is simple...no class. i hope he gets a rude awakening by rashad and he realizes he isn't nearly as good as he thinks he is. i'm not so much rooting for rashad but rather hoping bisping loses.

FISHER FTW!!!!!!!!

Post #26   10/7/07 11:01:26PM   

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Career:497-280
Chips:

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

your right when u say he has to win this fight...but i think he should have to fight a bigger name then lombard, no offense to him, its just that theres more to lose with this fight than to win. if karo wins, then nothing is different, if he loses, then he drops pretty far.

OK so who should he be fighting instead then? who is better ranked in the WW division that is ready to fight then?

And your comment on Houston is utterly laughable imo, the nuthuggery is rife but thats the worst ive seen! You arent even contemplating the idea of him having to fight more than 1 min 20 secs and actually losing - which he will cos he has worse cardio than Tank!

Post #27   10/8/07 7:05:52AM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:

Posted by CornishMMA

OK so who should he be fighting instead then? who is better ranked in the WW division that is ready to fight then?

And your comment on Houston is utterly laughable imo, the nuthuggery is rife but thats the worst ive seen! You arent even contemplating the idea of him having to fight more than 1 min 20 secs and actually losing - which he will cos he has worse cardio than Tank!

ok first of all, a simple" i disagree" would have been fine, you don't have to bash my opinions like that. anyway, lombard is a good fighter, but the reality is that karo should face a better opponent. you're right in saying that there isn't really anyone else to vs higher in the rankings, but that is my point. they should wait for kos or diego to get ready and have him face one of them.

as for houston, putting him up against a bigger name would show what he is really capable of. i never said i thought he could beat griffin or even jardine again, but i would like to see that because the fight would definitely last longer than the first round. btw, we don't know for sure that houston would gas in the later rounds, so don't say that he will like it is a certainty. i am not on houston's nuts like you might think, but i do respect him as a fighter and would like to see him against higher competition and see what he can really do. in the future please don't bash me like that, a simple counter point will suffice.

Last edited 10/8/07 11:22AM server time by jiujitsufreak74
Edit note/reason: format in quote

Post #28   10/8/07 11:20:20AM   

HeadKase

Learning to Sprawl

HeadKase Avatar

Career:242-164
Chips:
Got my tix and i am hyped to see this....no GOOD MMA in Dirty Jerz in a bit. Not a killer card but still has some good fights.I'll break them down when they get a fight set for Karo now that Hector Lombard is out.

Post #29   10/8/07 10:46:56PM   

CornishMMA

BANNED

CornishMMA Avatar

Career:497-280
Chips:

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

ok first of all, a simple" i disagree" would have been fine, you don't have to bash my opinions like that. anyway, lombard is a good fighter, but the reality is that karo should face a better opponent. you're right in saying that there isn't really anyone else to vs higher in the rankings, but that is my point. they should wait for kos or diego to get ready and have him face one of them.

as for houston, putting him up against a bigger name would show what he is really capable of. i never said i thought he could beat griffin or even jardine again, but i would like to see that because the fight would definitely last longer than the first round. btw, we don't know for sure that houston would gas in the later rounds, so don't say that he will like it is a certainty. i am not on houston's nuts like you might think, but i do respect him as a fighter and would like to see him against higher competition and see what he can really do. in the future please don't bash me like that, a simple counter point will suffice.

Sorry i didnt sugar coat my response to you but its hard to not bash opinions that I find utterly retarded but - he has already fought Diego which you didnt really acknowledge but it would be a good rematch to make - i dont think its right to make him wait cos Karo hasnt fought since May, in a perfect world he should fight a Koscheck or Fitch (which he may very well know that Lombard is out) but as this was the best available and a very intriging fight and explosive fight i think it was right to be made and not to make him wait AKA "i disagree"

But im sorry dude you make no sense with Houston, you are hugging his nuts cos you still arent saying he could lose this fight! why does it have to be a bigger name??? Do you know how good Thiago Silva is??? They rave about him at Chute Box and has been described as the new Wandy ffs! He is 11-0 so has more experience than Houston and is 2-0 in UFC as well, its a perfect fight to make and one that will show what Houston is capable as you mention = very little beyond landing early on against a fighter without a smart gameplan

But hey bud its all about opinions so we shall see who is right, shame we cant wager each other anymore cos it would be fun now eh

Post #30   10/9/07 8:07:05AM   

Page 2 of 6     1     2     3     4     5   >>