Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Liddell vs. Ortiz 3: A (potential) buyer's guide to pay-per-view

Print  
Will you be buying Chuck vs Tito III?
Yes 1 8%
Sort of *wink* 2 17%
No 8 67%
Don King 1 8%
Posted By Message

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:5,376-2,966
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
It’s almost decision time for fight fans. The trilogy fight most of us stopped asking for a decade ago is almost upon us.

This Saturday night in Inglewood, Calif., Chuck Liddell and Tito Ortiz will square off for the third time when Oscar De La Hoya’s Golden Boy Promotions makes its first foray into the world of MMA.

And yeah, they’re selling this thing on pay-per-view – and the fighters themselves are reportedly depending heavily on good sales figures to make this worth their while.

Should you buy it? Should you try to find some means of watching it without paying for it? Should you ignore it altogether?

To answer these questions, maybe we need to start by asking and answering some others.

Full Details

Ad: Find out about FanDuel's newly launch game called Mixup

Post #1   11/22/18 3:07:46PM   

aussiemma

Soup is not a meal

aussiemma Avatar

Career:2,385-1,355
Chips:
Liddell looks so unbelievably horrible in the footage I’ve seen of him hitting pads or the heavy bag.

Post #2   11/23/18 12:52:19AM   

jbmoviefan

In Full Mount

jbmoviefan Avatar

Career:2,798-1,695
Camp: The Misfits
Chips:
BWW, for sure, love the casuals for stuff like this

Post #3   11/23/18 4:33:38PM   

tildengolfer

Dub Nation

tildengolfer Avatar

Career:2,590-1,812
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:
Not buying it. I was on the fence when it was announced. After seeing Chuck's footage, I do not want anything to do with this spectacle. It pains me to think about the brain damage these two do not need to endure anymore, yet they are.

Chuck losing his train of thought mid-interview

Tito talks about training, err how often??

Post #4   11/23/18 7:47:06PM   

Nathan_Arizona

MMA Regular

Nathan_Arizona Avatar

Career:1,324-784
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:
No f'n way I would ever consider paying money to see this fight.
...and after watching the last Press Conference for this event, I'm convinced the card should be renamed as "MMA Privileges Day at the Old Folks Home".
Seriously...such a bad idea.
Yes, I'm interested to see who wins between Chuck and Tito...but I wish it weren't happening.
If it were a rubber match, then maybe I'd feel better about it...but it's not.
Hell...even several years back when this fight was supposed to happen as a TUF finale, I thought it was stupid.

The thing that really sucks about this fight is that if Tito wins(which I think he will)....Then it's only gonna encourage another bout between them. ..and if Tito wins that other stupid fight, then it'll be 2-2...which will mean another f'n retarded fight which will be the rubber match.

This is why I didn't want this fight to happen.
...and this is why I hope Chuck sleeps Tito. ...just so we don't have see any more Chuck Ortiz fights ever again.

In a fantasy world, would I love to see Chuck make a sick run as the ultimate GOAT? Hell f'n yes. But we're on planet Earth right now. Age happens. Paper chins form. Such is life.

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #5   11/24/18 2:07:01AM   

jae_1833

Chin-tastic!

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:6,044-4,013
Camp: The Misfits
Chips:
Nope: and I'm glad I didn't...free on MMA-Core.Com this morning so...no loss.

The fight sucked to so if you missed it don't sweat it, you didn't miss a thing.

Post #6   11/25/18 3:42:47PM