Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Derek Brunson vs. 'Jacare' slotted for Charlotte's UFC on FOX 27 headliner

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Braden

Best av bet record on mmapg!

Braden Avatar

Career:1,579-966
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Derek Brunson and Ronaldo Souza apparently are going to rematch after all.

“Jacare” (24-5 MMA, 7-2 UFC) and Brunson (18-5 MMA, 9-3 UFC) recently drummed up interest in the fight on social media, though they couldn’t seen to agree on a date or location.

'Jacare' and Derek Brunson agree to rematch, but then things get complicated
But Souza’s preference for a meeting at UFC Fight Night 125, which takes place Feb. 3 at Mangueirinho Gymnasium in the Brazilian city of Belem, seems to be nixed. Instead, Brunson gets his wish for a fight at UFC on FOX 27, which takes place Jan. 27 at Spectrum Center in Charlotte, N.C.

UFC President Dana White suggested the fight was set on Tuesday, though he didn’t give a date. According to ESPN.com, however, Brunson said it’ll serve as UFC on FOX 27’s headliner.

Link

Ad: FanDuel: Daily Fantasy Football, MLB, NBA, NHL Leagues for cash | FanDuel

Post #1   11/29/17 1:52:42PM   

JLS

Learning To Not Sprawl

JLS Avatar

Career:4,146-2,184
Camp: The Misfits
Chips:
The latest UFC on FOX 27 card includes:

Derek Brunson vs. Ronaldo Souza
Ilir Latifi vs. Ovince Saint Preux
Juliana Lima vs. Randa Markos
Mara Romero Borella vs. Katlyn Chookagian
Justine Kish vs. Ji Yeon Kim

Post #2   11/29/17 2:00:03PM   

Braden

Braden Avatar

Chips:
This is a good rematch, I was hoping it would happen when rumours started swirling.

Brunson has really improved since their first fight in SF, same could be said about Ronaldo but I think Brunson's improvements are what makes this more of a competitive and interesting fight. Who knows, Brunson might sleep him in the 1st.

Post #3   11/29/17 2:07:09PM   

JLS

Learning To Not Sprawl

JLS Avatar

Chips:
I also like this rematch. I personally, my own rankings, have Jacare @ #7 and Brunson @ #10. Huge fight for both.

The winner will be right back in the Title hunt with a win. And possibly enter the top 5 or 6, especially with an impressive finish.

Post #4   11/29/17 2:17:48PM   

Leonstolzz

Standup Guy

Career:359-222
Chips:
I like this rematch a lot. These guys have been due a rematch with each other for a while now. I have Brunson winning it, but I wouldn't completely count out Jacare.
I wonder who Chris Weidman will fight now? There were rumors he was aiming for Jacare but that's obviously off now. A Rockhold rematch would make sense but I'm pretty sure Rockhold will get a title shot if GSP sits on his ass for too long, so I don't know.

I wonder if the UFC will give Paulo Costa a shot at Weidman?

Post #5   11/29/17 2:18:25PM   

JLS

Learning To Not Sprawl

JLS Avatar

Chips:
Here's what my Middleweight Top 10 looks like

1 Georges St. Pierre
2. Robert Whitaker
3. Luke Rockhold
4. Yoel Romero
5. Kelvin Gastelum
6. Chris Weidman
7. Jacare Souza
8. Gegard Mousasi
9. Michael Bisping
10. Derek Brunson

I'm sure the ufc has this a bit different. But i don't follow their rankings at all. Meaningless!

On the outside looking in are in no particular order;

Anderson Silva, Thiago Santos, Brad Tavares, Mamed Khalidov, Paulo Costa, Michal Materla, Ramazan Emeev and Jotko.

Although i think Emeev said he's going to 170.

Post #6   11/29/17 2:26:14PM   

JLS

Learning To Not Sprawl

JLS Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Leonstolzz

I like this rematch a lot. These guys have been due a rematch with each other for a while now. I have Brunson winning it, but I wouldn't completely count out Jacare.
I wonder who Chris Weidman will fight now? There were rumors he was aiming for Jacare but that's obviously off now. A Rockhold rematch would make sense but I'm pretty sure Rockhold will get a title shot if GSP sits on his ass for too long, so I don't know.

Funny everyone, Dana, Dana's fans and Conor fans think GSP has been holding up this MW division. He just won the belt. I'm in the minority and think he will fight Robert Whitaker next. If not Whitaker he'll go against Money Mayweather. Oh yeah!!!!

Post #7   11/29/17 2:29:14PM   

Leonstolzz

Standup Guy

Chips:

Posted by JLS

Posted by Leonstolzz

Funny everyone, Dana, Dana's fans and Conor fans think GSP has been holding up this MW division. He just won the belt. I'm in the minority and think he will fight Robert Whitaker next. If not Whitaker he'll go against Money Mayweather. Oh yeah!!!!

GSP and his coaches have all but said he's going to vacate the belt, so I don't think it's unfair to say he's holding up the division.
But I agree it's ridiculous how the UFC let Conor dick around with the LW belt for a whole year and Dana never argued with it, but the second GSP wants a money fight he's totally against it.

Post #8   11/29/17 2:34:24PM   

Braden

Braden Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Leonstolzz

Posted by JLS

Posted by Leonstolzz

GSP and his coaches have all but said he's going to vacate the belt, so I don't think it's unfair to say he's holding up the division.
But I agree it's ridiculous how the UFC let Conor dick around with the LW belt for a whole year and Dana never argued with it, but the second GSP wants a money fight he's totally against it.

It shouldn’t matter what Georges coaches said. Conor’s coaches and teammates say Conor’s going to retire and all kinds crap but you don’t see the ufc giving him a hard time about defending his belt or say they’re going to be pissed if he doesn’t. Yes, it’s been made clear in a billion different ways that Conor gets preferential treatment from the ufc over everyone to EVER compete in the sport of mma.

My call is Georges fights Robert as well.

I like Weidman vs Costa. Weidman’s the man to take out the Brazilians.

Post #9   11/29/17 3:50:58PM   

JLS

Learning To Not Sprawl

JLS Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Leonstolzz

Posted by JLS

Posted by Leonstolzz

Its way too early to say he's holding up a division. TJ Dillashaw is holding up his division if that's the case. But wait he just won last month too.

Post #10   11/30/17 12:44:22AM   

finnish_line

Belt Contender

finnish_line Avatar

Career:517-331
Camp: Great Boxe
Chips:

Costa's really good, but a smart fighter with conditioning should be able to outlast him. I doubt he's ever champ.

Middleweight is so stacked.

Ad: FanDuel: Daily Fantasy Football, MLB, NBA, NHL Leagues for cash | FanDuel

Post #11   11/30/17 11:05:42AM   

Leonstolzz

Standup Guy

Chips:

Posted by JLS

Posted by Leonstolzz

Posted by JLS

Posted by Leonstolzz

Its way too early to say he's holding up a division. TJ Dillashaw is holding up his division if that's the case. But wait he just won last month too.

TJ hasn't been saying that he's thinking about never fighting again and wants to vacate the belt and retire or go back down to 170 like GSP has been saying.
The worse thing TJ has done and ask to face DJ but even that's better than GSP because the majority of top batamweights are either coming off a loss of hurt, so I think it makes sense. GSP leaving Whittaker high and dry, who is the INTERIM champion and ready to fight in early 2018, doesn't make sense.
I'm not saying GSP won't defend the belt, but he's been talking a lot about doing anything else than defending the belt, so I think I have cause for concern that he might hold up the division. That's all.

Post #12   11/30/17 2:18:42PM   

JLS

Learning To Not Sprawl

JLS Avatar

Chips:
I'm really just busting your balls Leon.

But my whole point is weather he ends of defending or not He's not gonna leave Whitaker hanging for too long unlike the Lightweight Champion is doing. Like i said he literally just won the belt. He couldn't even defend it for a few months at least anyways. I promise he won't leave Whitaker in the dark and go box or wait a year or more and make ridiculous demands like Conor.

As for TJ though he does have 2 worthy contenders right now with Assuncao and Jimmie Rivera.

Id like DJ vs TJ after TJ defend 1 time against either one of those guys. Or if Lineker beats Rivera that changes things up.

KG and Weidman also think they are worthy but i don't think either 1 of those guys should even be in the discussion. Weidman because he only won 1 fight and lost like 3 or so in a row. KG won once since losing to Weidman.so those guys need to get in line imo.

Post #13   11/30/17 3:17:42PM   

Leonstolzz

Standup Guy

Chips:

Posted by JLS

I'm really just busting your balls Leon.

But my whole point is weather he ends of defending or not He's not gonna leave Whitaker hanging for too long unlike the Lightweight Champion is doing. Like i said he literally just won the belt. He couldn't even defend it for a few months at least anyways. I promise he won't leave Whitaker in the dark and go box or wait a year or more and make ridiculous demands like Conor.

As for TJ though he does have 2 worthy contenders right now with Assuncao and Jimmie Rivera.

Id like DJ vs TJ after TJ defend 1 time against either one of those guys. Or if Lineker beats Rivera that changes things up.

KG and Weidman also think they are worthy but i don't think either 1 of those guys should even be in the discussion. Weidman because he only won 1 fight and lost like 3 or so in a row. KG won once since losing to Weidman.so those guys need to get in line imo.

I don't know about Assuncao as a contender. No only did TJ beat him about a year ago and beat him pretty dominantly, I might add, he really hasn't beaten any top guys.
His last 3 wins were against Matthew Lopez, Aljamain Sterling, and Marlon Moraes. Pretty good wins aginst really good competition, but none of these guys are honestly even close to the top 5, imo.
Rivera is definitely the number 1 contender since Dom got hurt, but some of the issues I have with Assuncao I kind of have with Rivera. He just hasn't really beaten a top contender yet and could use another win to cement his place, imo.

And I completely agree with you that KG and Weidman are reaching with their call outs and arw no where near contending right now. But there are plenty of contenders in the MW division like Rockhold, Romero, Jacare and Whittaker who are healthy and ready to contend, and I guess that's why I'm just antsy about GSP being unsure about what he wants to do, because honestly the MW title hasn't been defended against a top MW contender since Rockhold took on Weidman. And a lot of guys have been left out in the cold because of that.

Post #14   11/30/17 4:28:40PM   

JLS

Learning To Not Sprawl

JLS Avatar

Chips:
10 out of 11 wins for Assuncao including a win over TJ, Munhoz, Caraway, Moraes, and Sterling.

20 wins in a row for Rivera his recent wins over Almeida, Faber, Alcantara and Munhoz.

Yeah maybe when he gets 30 wins in a row?

Moraes and Sterling can't be too far away from the Top 5 like you said. They are at least in the top 10.

I don't know maybe you're right?

Post #15   11/30/17 5:29:28PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2