Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Family of late kickboxer Dennis Munson files wrongful death lawsuit against Roufusport

Print  
Posted By Message

tildengolfer

Dub Nation

tildengolfer Avatar

Career:2,671-1,891
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:
The family of kickboxer Dennis Munson Jr., who died following a fight promoted by Roufusport, has filed a lawsuit against the well-known mixed martial arts gym and others involved.

Munson Jr. died in 2014 due to complications from head trauma following a kickboxing match. Munson trained at Roufusport and the card was run by gym management. Munson Jr.’s estate and parents are named as plaintiffs in the wrongful death lawsuit, which was filed Tuesday in Milwaukee County Circuit Court, per online court records.

link

Post #1   3/22/17 7:09:54PM   

jbmoviefan

In Full Mount

jbmoviefan Avatar

Career:2,881-1,767
Camp: The Misfits
Chips:
This was a disgrace, and the Munson family deserves to own and dismantle Roufusport accordingly. Hope I never encounter either of the coaches, the ref, or the doctor from this bout as it would probably lead to blows.

Post #2   3/22/17 8:21:38PM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:4,406-2,459
Chips:
Watching the first 2 rounds I was getting annoyed at the commentary that seemed to be monday morning quarterbacking the officals decisions which didn't seem that egregious to me.

Then the bell rang for the 3rd and all that annoyance with the commentary switched to annoyance with that referee for not doing his job. I can forgive him for not stopping the fight up until that point but when a guy can barely stand on his own at the beginning of a round in an amateur fight you can't let it continue.

The kicker to me was the missing portion of the video that screams to me that Roufus sport knew they were wrong and in deep trouble. It's fortunate that someone else filmed it so they didn't get away with it.

I hope that kids parents get a hefty judgement awarded to them, but the damage is already done.

Post #3   3/22/17 8:42:12PM   

tildengolfer

Dub Nation

tildengolfer Avatar

Career:2,671-1,891
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:
Just watched the video for the firs time.

I have not seen a more egregious example of lack of care for an individual. The fight should have been stopped in the first round. This will undoubtably bring charges against somebody. Watching it made me sick to my stomach. Absolutely grotesque. I feel for his opponent. Hopefully he's not torn up over this. The corner man of Munson should be ashamed of himself. Safety should be priority #1. Win or lose. Safety is paramount. Fucking disgusting.

Post #4   3/23/17 12:53:18AM   

scoozna

10 Year Service Award Winner

scoozna Avatar

Career:2,957-1,723
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Wow...like they said at one point, the ref didn't even do the basic minimum of a standing 8 count. Ask the guy if he wants to keep fighting. Look into his eyes, study his ability to continue.

Post #5   3/23/17 2:23:56PM