Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Champ Phil Davis vs. Ryan Bader on Bellator 180's PPV card? The fighters are in

Print  
Posted By Message

JLS

ZABEAST

JLS Avatar

Career:5,089-2,729
Camp: The Misfits
Chips:
Phil Davis and Ryan Bader, who were longtime UFC light-heavyweight contenders, want a rematch – under the Bellator banner, and on pay-per-view.

On Monday officials announced Bellator 180 is slated for June 24 at Madison Square Garden in New York. The event, which already features light heavyweights Chael Sonnen (29-14-1 MMA, 0-1 BMMA) vs. Wanderlei Silva (35-12-1 MMA, 5-7 UFC) and heavyweights Fedor Emelianenko (36-4 MMA 0-0 BMMA) vs. Matt Mitrione (11-5 MMA, 2-0 BMMA), airs on PPV following prelims on MMAjunkie.

It’ll be the second PPV in Bellator history, and Davis and Bader want to be a part of it.

Link

Ad: FanDuel: Daily Fantasy Football, MLB, NBA, NHL Leagues for cash | FanDuel

Post #1   3/22/17 3:31:46AM   

RhythmAndStyle

Straight Flexin'

RhythmAndStyle Avatar

Career:3,924-2,397
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I have BEEN hoping and waiting for a rematch between these two, as I honestly believe Davis did enough to win that first fight..so hopefully, this rematch will happen, and most likely will happen..

Post #2   3/22/17 11:05:39AM   

FKA

IN DEREK CARR WE TRUST!!

FKA Avatar

Career:2,468-1,608
Camp: Team Global MMA
Chips:
There is no question the fight should happen if it happens on the ppv i certainly hope they rearrange the billing.

What I've been told is there weren't plans for any title fights on the ppv.....but as it always is things change as people talk.

I certainly hope they put together a strong card and prelims.

Post #3   3/22/17 12:46:24PM   

finnish_line

Belt Contender

finnish_line Avatar

Career:517-331
Camp: Great Boxe
Chips:

If this becomes the main event then they have to advertise the show like that, and it will bomb.

Not that I think Chael vs Wanderlei will light the world on fire in 2017.

Ads FanDuel launches Mixup, a fun version of daily fantasy sports for casual fans

Post #4   3/22/17 1:25:36PM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:4,406-2,459
Chips:

Posted by FKA

There is no question the fight should happen if it happens on the ppv i certainly hope they rearrange the billing.

What I've been told is there weren't plans for any title fights on the ppv.....but as it always is things change as people talk.

I certainly hope they put together a strong card and prelims.

If this were the headline fight, with a Fedor/Meathead co-main and the Sonnen/Wand fight as part of the undercard that would be a great PPV card.

This is the direction Bellator should be heading in. I have my doubts they'll change the bout order though. Whether it's Coker or Viacom making the decisions for them, they seem to be more interested in marketing the past their prime guys rather than their top fighters.

Post #5   3/22/17 6:16:25PM